‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 65

Jonnie set the last box down on the floor of her new apartment. She had the approval of her father and he even helped her look for the place. Secretly he just didn’t want her living in a house with three men, especially Lyric. Granted, Lyric would more than likely be spending more time at her place then at his own.

“Last one!” she smiled and sat down on the couch, which was the only piece of furniture that has been delivered so far. Her entire living room set was a gift from Matt and Sydney.

“Guess you’ll be sleeping at my place tonight” Lyric said noting that the bed hadn’t been delivered yet.

“I want to stay here” she smiled.

“And sleep on the floor?”

“Why not? You have a sleeping bag don’t you?” she asked

“Of course, but you don’t!” he said pointing at her.

“That’s the idea” she grinned and he walked over to the couch and kissed her.

“I’ll be right back, have to get the last box” he said as he pulled away.

“I already brought up the last box” she looked at him confused.

“No, I think I saw one more in the car” he got up and walked down to the car and when he came back a few minutes later he joined her on the couch. He lay on his back with his head in her lap looking up at her.

“I told you there were no more boxes” she smiled looking down at him.

“and I told you I saw one more in the car” he held up a tiny black velvet box.

She shook her head. “That isn’t mine”

“I’m pretty sure it is”

She took the box out of his hand and opened it while he watched and waited…

“Lyric!” she almost dropped the box on his face and he couldn’t help but laugh as he watched the expression on her face.

“So, I think this is the part where I ask you to marry me”

She put her hand on his cheek. “and I guess this is the part where I say yes?”

Lyric took the box out of her hand and slipped the ring on her finger. “I think you’re supposed to kiss me now and tell me you love me”

Jonnie lowered her head and kissed him a long lingering kiss and when she pulled away she shouted at the top of her lungs “I love you!”

He sat up and took her hand in his. “Babe, I think you better call Riley first, because she’ll probably need to be prepared for when she has to pick your father up off the floor”

Jonnie’s laughter filled the apartment and they spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking and everything started to fall into place, just like her life…