‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 8

“Dad?” Melody pouted and sat down on the couch next to Brian.

“Yes?” he asked suspiciously.

“I know it’s a school night, but can I go to the movies with my friends?”

“I think you just answered your own question,” he said.

“Please!” she begged.

“The movie will still be there on Saturday” he smiled. She rolled her eyes and went into her room, slamming the door behind her.

Stormy walked over and sat down beside him. Feeling her eyes on him he turned his head in her direction. “Why are you looking at me like that?” he asked

“Brian, you know I love you right?”

“Mm hmm” he nodded and pecked her lips.

“and I’ve never questioned your judgment or overruled your decisions when it comes to Melody, right?”

Again he nodded. “This is true”

“Well, I just think that maybe once you could be a little more lenient. It’s only a movie,” she said.

He took her hand in his. “Stormy, she’s only 16 and you and I both know she isn’t the most responsible teenager.”

“I was living on the streets when I was 16, you’d be surprised how responsible a kid can be at that age.”

He stood up, frustration written all over his face. “That was different and you know it. This is no longer open for discussion, Stormy. I said no and I mean it!” he walked into the kitchen and over to the fridge to get a beer and she followed after him.

“Ok, fine, you don’t have to yell.” She put her arms around his stomach and kissed his lips.

His arms came around her and he kissed her back. “How about, I make you yell? Hmm?” he kissed her again and walked her backwards to their bedroom.

Melody watched as the door to her parent’s bedroom closed before slipping back into her own bedroom. She went straight to her closet and pulled out a black leather mini skirt and a white wife beater. After she changed into her outfit she topped it off with high black boots. When her make up was applied and her hair was styled, she grabbed her purse and climbed out her bedroom window. One of the benefits of having a basement level apartment in the mansion was not breaking her legs sneaking out the window.

Twenty minutes later she arrived at her destination. After showing her fake I.D. at the door she went inside and headed straight for the bar. She stood at the bar with her back to the stage sipping on a Long Island Iced Tea when Blade noticed her from the stage. He could only see her from behind and never took his eyes off the girl with long brown hair and in a tight skirt that barely covered her ass. He watched her body sway to their music and if he didn’t take his eyes away he would have to explain the raging hard on to the people in the front row.

When they finished their set the band left the stage and Blade set down his guitar and went off in search of his conquest for the evening. He walked through the crowd and made his way over to the bar. Standing behind her he ran a finger lightly up her thigh and whispered in her ear.

“Hey baby, how’d you like to finish the party at my place?” he whispered in her ear.

She turned to face him with the drink in her hand. “I’d love too!” She smirked.

“Mel?” his face went from lustful to shocked in less than five seconds. “What the hell are you doing here?” he growled.

“I came to see you play” she smiled sweetly and ran her finger over the buttons on his shirt. He grabbed her by the arm and took the drink out of her hand with his free hand and slammed it down on the bar.

“Let’s go!” he said through gritted teeth and dragged her out of the bar.

“I knew you couldn’t resist me!” she laughed and nearly stumbled as he dragged her to his car. After opening the passenger door for her he shoved her inside. “Put your damn seatbelt on!” he yelled.

“Kinky!” she giggled and watched as he walked around the front of the car to the driver side. When he got in he turned to look at her. “How many drinks did you have?” he asked

She held up 5 fingers. “Three!” she giggled.

He shook his head and started the car. All the while she sat there excited that he was taking her to his house, little did she know, that wasn’t where she was going at all. When he pulled up in front of the mansion she looked at him oddly. “I live here!” she said.

“Yes, you do.” He nodded and got out of the car. He walked around to the other side and opened the door grabbing her out by the arm. He dragged her inside the house and down to the apartment.

After pounding on Brian and Stormy’s door for five minutes, Brian finally answered.

“What the fuck! It’s 2 in the morning!” he yelled.

“Sorry, Uncle Bri, but I think this belongs to you” he grabbed Melody by the arm and pulled her into full view of Brian.

“Melody? What the hell is going on?” he asked Blade.

“She was hanging out at the show, I brought her home after I recognized her. By the way she’s shit faced.”

“What’s going on?” Stormy asked from the doorway of the bedroom.

“Nothing, baby, go back to sleep.” Brian told her and she went back into their bedroom.

He grabbed his daughter by the arm and dragged her into the apartment. “Thanks for bringing her home.”

“No problem” Blade nodded and left.

Brian was seething with rage so much that he had decided to wait til the morning to yell at Melody because if he yelled at her now, he wouldn’t be able to control himself. He dragged her to her room and shoved her inside.

“You have no idea how much trouble you are in” he said folding his arms across his chest.

“I don’t care,” she said sticking her tongue out at him.

“You don’t care? Well maybe you will care when you don’t see the outside of your bedroom for an entire month!” he was trying not to shout, but she was pushing him.

“I hate you!” she cried and slammed her bedroom door in his face. He ran his hands through his hair and walked back to his bedroom. He got back in bed and leaned against the headboard.

“What’s the matter?” Stormy whispered sleepily resting her head on his shoulder.

“Nothing, everything is fine. Go back to sleep” he kissed her head and put his hand on her back. She fell back to sleep, but he would be wide awake for the rest of the night.