Can I Hold You?

Krazy Kristie

After about a week of not being able to walk, the cuts in my leg finally healed so I was able to walk around with crutches and get out of the house. Mike had stayed with me for most of the time; he even slept over most nights. Ella came to visit a few times, but she had to go to her summer job and Tre came by whenever he missed the TV.

"Ana! Mike's here!" Chris yells up the stairs one evening. I make my way down the stairs to the front door where Chris is amusing himself with his new hobby; interrogating Mike.

"Chris, leave him alone," I mutter as I walk up to Mike. Mike leans in and gives me a long kiss.

"Oh jeez, just leave," Chris mutters as he shuts the door behind us.

"Hurry up love birds!" Tre calls out as he jumps into the back of the truck. I slip into the truck and pass my crutches to Mike who passes them to Tre.

"We're late, I hate being late for our gigs," Billie says impatiently.

"We're not late!" Mike insists as he starts the truck up and pulls out of the driveway. The ride down to Gilman was rather uneventful except for Billie's impatience no matter how hard Adie tried to calm him down.

"I agree with Mike," Tre says as Mike parks in front of the building where tonight's gig is happening. "We're actually early."

"Pass me my crutches," I say sliding out of the truck.

"No, they're sooo much fun!" Tre says as he waddles around with them.

"Then I'll give them to you when my leg heals."

"Oh fine," he says handing me the crutches. I look over at Billie who's finally calmed down and has his arm slung casually over Adie's shoulders. Mike opens the door for me and Tre attempts to cut in front of me but Mike casually trips him.

"Meanie," Tre whines.

"What cha going to do about it bitch?" Mike asks in mockery.

"Pout!" Tre says as he trudges of in front of us.

The guys run off to go on stage meanwhile I got to sit down. A girl about my age walks up to me.

"Do you know the band?" she asks as she sits next to me.

"Yeah, I'm dating the bass player."

"Awesome, anyway do you know if the drummer is single?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he is," I say laughing lightly.

"I'm Kristie," she says shaking my hand.

"Ana."

"Hey Ana, do you think you can introduce me to the drummer?"

"His name's Tre, and sure I'll introduce you," I say as I go back to watching the guys play.

The girl next to me is antsy for the entire performance.

"Hey baby," Mike moans in my ear as he comes to sit next to me.

"Hey Mike," I say as I grab his face and kiss his lips for a good long time.

"Get a room!" Tre yells.

"Hey Tre get your ass over here!" I yell.

"Who moi?" he says evilly as he runs up to us.

"Tre, this is Kristie," I say casually as I stood up.

"Hello," Tre says as he kisses her hand. Mike stands up as well.

"She has the hots for you," I mumble to Tre as Mike and I walk away.

"Do you wanna see my penis?" we hear Tre ask as we reach the bar.

"Good ol' Tre," Mike says laughing as he shakes his head.

"Umm Ana, when do you get your cast removed?"

"Monday," I say as I look him in the eye, "Why you wanna know how soon you're getting lucky."

"Well that didn't cross my mind but now that you mention it..."

"Then why'd you bring it up," I say eyeing him smiling.

"Because, me and the guys are going to go on a little road trip. I want you to come."

"Of course I'll come. Where are we going?"

"We don't know, we just plan on driving around and finding new punk scenes," Mike says proudly.

"Cool."

"Billie's bringing Adie, since it's her last week before she goes home again."

"It sounds fun," I say as I kiss his lips lightly.