Can I Hold You?

Pulling Teeth

A few weeks later Adie and I are sitting in the recording studio listening to the guys record Basket Case for Dookie, (they decided to cut out the Liquid).
"So you and Billie are pretty serious huh?" I ask as the technician fidgets with the recording settings.
"I guess, I mean he asked me to move across the country I'm pretty sure he's serious." She says nodding, "What about you and Mike?"
"Well we've only know each other since mid-summer so anything's possible."
"Who's Tre dating, he was gibbering about someone but it was pretty much illogical."
"He's dating this girl named Lisea, he met her on our road trip thing. She goes to the same community college as us. Well me anyway, Tre and Mike are in the process of quitting."
"Well the band is demanding."
"Yeah, but they have what it takes to go far." I say distractedly.

"Hey, what's this song?" Adie asks as she looks over the song list. I take the paper from her Pulling Teeth
"Holy fuck, they're actually putting this on the album?!" I exclaim in disbelief.
"Why, what is it?"
"It's, it's, well did Billie tell you that Mike broke his elbows?"
"I think he mentioned it."
"Well he was over at my house and we were having a pillow fight when it happened, he hit his head on a low ceiling beam." I can feel my cheeks glowing red. Adie flips through the lyric pages and bursts out laughing.
"I'm sorry but that's too funny. I thought he might've broken them diving off stage or skateboarding, maybe even falling down the stairs but not in a pillow fight."

"Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go!" Tre yelps as he runs out of the sound room, grabbing his jacket before heading out the door. Billie Joe and Mike casually walk out of the sound room talking about what they had just recorded.
"Hey, you came early." Mike says as he and Billie notice Adie and I.
"Yeah, well I wanted to see what recording is like." I say into his ear as his arms snake around my waist. "What's with Tre?"
"Date, with Lisea."
"That would explain it." I giggle. "So you're putting Pulling Teeth on the album."
"Yeeeaaahhh." He says slowly. "Wasn't too happy about that but they conned me into it. Are you mad?" I shake my head.
"No, it's not that big a deal."
"Good." He mumbles, "Let's go out for supper of something.
"Alright."

And with that we head out the door.
"So when is this masterpiece being released?" I ask as we start walking down the street.
"I think they said February first, if all goes well." We cross the street to get to Mike's pick up.
"I could go for something greasy."
"Greasy huh? What about your girlish figure?" he jokes.
"Fast metabolism, plus, I'm sure you'll help me burn it off." I say raising my eyebrows.
"I like the sound of that."

He drives down this local fast food place with the juiciest hamburgers and the greasiest French fries known to humanity. We eat in the truck, because it's sort of a dodgy place to stick around. We get back to the apartment and head straight into Mike's room. I have my fun undressing Mike slowly. Carefully pulling off his shirt, taking my time unbuckling his belt. He found this rather amusing, and attempted to take his time as well but he practically ripped off my shirt. Our bodies pulsed as one as unmentionable sounds escaped from our mouths, then we were left lying next to each other, just breathing.
"Mmm." I moan as I lay my head on him, brushing my lips against his chest in the process. I feel his arms tighten around me, he always felt the need to hold onto me after we have sex, but it's not like a planned on just disappearing. I move my hand across his torso as my legs intermingle with his so that our bodies are intertwined.

"Mike you ass hole! You just left us there!" Billie yells as the apartment door slams shut.
"Oh fuck." Mike mutters as he slips out of my grasp, he pulls on his boxers and heads out of the room. I roll over and look at Tre's part of the room, Billie switched with him since Adie moved here. I realize Tre is a bit more of a slob than Billie, I mean Billie actually had the decency to properly hide his dirty mags, but Tre has his half dangling from his mattress. I wonder if Mike has dirty mags, he probably does. I get out of bed and slip on my underwear before lifting Mike's mattress. Not bad, I found two dirty mags and his stash of weed. I pick up the magazines and see they're both issued from before we met. I start flipping through purely out of curiosity. Mike walks back into the room and stares at me, I stare right back, both of us have the look of embarrassment on our faces.
"It's not what it looks like." He says quickly, "It's umm."
"It's okay, I don't care." I say closing the magazine.
"Y-you don't?"
"Nah, you have needs."
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah, besides, they're from before we started going out." I say as I slide them back under the mattress, "and even if you do still use them it's not like they actually, well I don't know, it just doesn't bother me."
"Hey, but why were you looking at them?" now I feel my cheeks turning red.
"I was just curious." I say innocently.
"Curious?"
"Yeah, well I never looked at one before." Mike is laughing lightly into his hand. "What, can't I be curious?"
"Is it like lesbian curiosity?"
"No, it's I've never flipped through a nudey mag and wanted to know what my competition was."
"Trust me it's not competition, you win without question." He says as he sits next to me on the floor. I lean over and start kissing his lips passionately for the second time today. I feel his hand move to my waist as he steadies himself in the intensity of the kiss. I pull away.
"What's wrong?"
"Shouldn't Tre be getting back soon?" I ask nervously.
"He's staying at Lisea's tonight." He says pulling me close to him, I press my lips against his in eager delight.