Can I Hold You?

The Date

I look out my bedroom window to see Mike's pick-up park in the driveway. I make my way down the stairs past Chris who's sitting in front of the T.V.
"Where are you going?"
"Date." I mutter as the door bell rings.
"Do the parentals know?"
"No."
"I should tell them." Chris teases.
"Go ahead, they won't care." I say as I open the door.
"Hello Ana's date!" Chris yells.
"Hi." Mike yells back awkwardly.
"Bye Chris." I say as we step out of the house.
"Who was that?" Mike asks as we get into the truck.
"My brother." I say rolling my eyes.
"Oh okay." Mike says as he starts the truck and pulls out of the driveway. "So what movie do you want to see?"
"Hot Shots looks pretty funny." I say casually.
"Awe and I was so looking forward to watching Thelma and Louise." Mike says laughing.
"We can see that if you want." I say laughing.
"No! Please no! My friend Jason went to see that movie and he said it aggravated the living hell out of him."
"Did you say Jason; my friend is out with a guy named Jason Revla tonight."
"Yeah, that's him." Mike says nodding, "His band is playing tonight."
"So I've heard." I say as we pull up to the cinema.

We went into the theatre and watched Hot Shots and laughed ourselves silly.
"Do you want to go watch Jason's band?" Mike asks as we get back in the truck.
"Sure." I say as I look at my watch and realize it's still early. Mike turns the truck around and head's down to Gilman. We get to Gilman's and see a band rocking out on stage to a Ramone's song. You see Ella up near the front of the stage cheering her face off.
"Hey you came." Billie says from behind us.
"Yeah, movie was shorter than expected." Mike says shrugging.
"I'm Billie Joe." Billie says extending his hand.
"Hi, I'm Ana." I say shaking his hand.
"Wait, where's Tre?" Mike asks worriedly.
"Fuck, I lost him." Billie says running off.
"Can't Tre handle himself?" I ask looking up at Mike.
"That's what got him in trouble last time, he handled himself on stage and the owner got pissed and one more stupid stunt on his part and we can't play here anymore." Mike says glancing around nervously.
"Wait handled, you mean . . . "
"Yeah." Mike says awkwardly.
"Hey Mikey! You're here." Someone calls out.
"Tre, where'd you go?" Mike asks as Tre has a big smirk on his face.
"Guess what I just did." Tre says evilly.
"If you get us kicked out I swear I'll . . ." Tre lifts up his shirt.
"I got a nipple piercing, ain't it cute?" he asks laughing.
"Yeah, it's adorable." Mike says rolling his eyes.
"What do you think?" Tre asks me.
"Well when the swelling and infectious puss clears up it'll be dead sexy." I say laughing as Tre maneuvers his neck worriedly to see the piercing.
"You liar, there is no puss." Tre says putting his shirt back down. "Oh! Billie! I got a nipple piercing!"
"Good for you." Billie says rolling his eyes. We stick around and hang out with Ella and Jason's band until alcohol takes affect on Tre and the guys decide to take him home.

Mike, Tre, Billie and myself pile into Mike's pick-up and Mike drops me off at my house. He drives away as I see Tre try to stick his head out the window. I walk into my house and my parents were already asleep but Chris was sitting on the couch.
"How'd your date go?"
"Fine." I say shrugging as I go upstairs to my room. I climb out the window to sit on the roof. I couldn't believe how much fun I had with the guys, they were a blast.

After sitting on the roof for about fifteen minutes I see Mike's pick-up come down the street. He steps out of the truck with my jacket in his hand.
"Mike, up here." I call out.
"Ana? What are you doing on the roof?" Mike asks as he cranes his neck.
"I like it up here." I say as I climb back into my room. I run down the stairs and see that Chris went to bed. I open the front door.
"You left your jacket in my truck." He says about to walk away.
"Wait, I want to show you something." I say taking his arm and pulling him into the house.
"Is this going to get raunchy?" Mike asks laughing.
"No, but quiet down my parents are asleep." I say as I lead him into my room and out the window.
"Don't you ever fall?" Mike asks as he climbs onto the roof after me.
"Umm nope." I say as I shift over a bit.
"Hey I can see Gilman's from here." Mike says pointing at the familiar blue lights of Gilman Street.
"Yeah." I say as I pull my legs close to me.
"I can see why you'd like coming up here." Mike says looking around.
"It overlooks everything and it's sort of peaceful."
"By the way, I wouldn't use that lipstick that was in your coat pocket, Tre got to it." Mike says awkwardly.
"It's okay, I hated that lipstick." I say laughing.
"Okay good." Mike says laughing. After a few moments of awkward silence I realize Mike is staring at me. I look over at him and he leans forward and kisses my lips gently.
"I should get going." He says climbing back through the window. I follow moments later.

I had a new reason to like the roof; it's where I had my first kiss from Mike. This was my first kiss which sent a tingling sensation down my spine.