‹ Prequel: Katy's Summer

Dear Katy

I Got Tired Of Waiting

In order to complete the record, the guys moved to west coast. The studio was in Sacramento, and I wasn’t too stoked to be in California. The sun was too hot on summer and there were no clouds on the bright blue sky.

“Hey, Katy!”, Hayley, Paul’s cousin, sat next to me on the couch in the studio. “You okay?”

I nodded. “Yeah. Just need some time to get use to the west coast.”

She laughed. “I know it’s hard. I’ve been there.”

“Anyway, do you know any ways to cool ourselves out?”

“I know one!”, she exclaimed. “How about all of us go to Raging Waters?! It’s a water themed park and it’s so cool!”

“That’s great!”, Bryan suddenly joined the conversation with his arms on the air.

Then, Martin came out from the recording booth and ran his fingers through his hair.

“What’s great?”

“Hayley suggested that we should go to Raging Waters.”, I told him as I stood up, and adjusted the hem of my t shirt.

“That sounds great! Let’s go then!”

**********

After we went in and found our seats, Hayley and I went to the changing rooms.

“Katy, can I say something?”

I looked up from my bathing suit to her. “Yeah, what is it?”

“I really like you being with Paul. So please, stay together.”

Her words struck into my heart like a little nail. I want to be with Paul, but after the little encounter with Alex, I didn’t know what I want anymore.

“Thanks, Hail.”

She smiled and went back to what she was doing. We put on our bathing suit and went out. When we reached our place, the guys were already in their board shorts.

“Come on, Let’s get wet!”, Paul exclaimed as he took my hand and pulled me to some slides.

We rode the Dragon’s Den first, then Cliffhanger, and Shark Attack Slide Complex. I was kind of scared with those slides and amazed by how Paul got all the bravery to ride them.

“Let’s do the Splashdown!”, he offered.

I looked to the slide and my eyes bulged. Maybe they were short slides, but the pool is about 10ft deep and the plunge is six feet high. “Are you sure I’m going to make it out alive?”

He chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “I’m with you, it’s okay.”
I nodded slightly and let him pulled me to the slide. When we were in front of the slide, he told me to take the right and he took the left.

Suddenly, the memory of Alex and I went inside the Paint Maze in DisneyWorld two years ago rushed in. I zoned out until the girl behind me tapped my shoulder.

I apologized and got onto the slide. My mind was filled with thoughts until I plunged into the cold pool. I wasn’t prepared to be in the water, and I didn’t know why, I got sucked in. the water pulled me down, and I could feel that my toes almost touched the tile pool’ floor.

“Katy!”

I heard a faint voice calling my name. another memory rushed in, about I drowned in the dark water and Alex’s arms pulled me up.

My eyes shut closed and let the water pressed down on my body.

Alex

“Alex! Alex!”, Dexter and Aubrey rushed into my room. They were panting and Dexter was holding her phone.

“Whoa, what is it, guys?”

“Katy drowned in Raging Waters!”, Aubrey choked out.

My eyes widened and launched up in my feet. I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed
Martin’s number, since I didn’t have the guts to call Paul up.

“Alex.”, he answered.

“Martin, I heard the news.”

There were some anxiety quiet for a moment until he cleared his throat. “She’s in the hospital now. Methodist Hospital of Sacramento.”

“Okay, can I go there?”

“Why can’t you?”

***********
Serena booked me the soonest flight to Sacramento, and now, I was in a taxi to the hospital. The image of Katy, lying down on the hospital bed, made me shuddered.

When the taxi stopped in front of the hospital’s lobby, I gave the cabby the money and rushed out. After asking the receptionist about which room Katy was hospitalized, I tried to slow down my path.

It was kind of dreadful when the elevator glided upwards. When the door opened, the crews of Boys Like Girls already in view.

“Alex?”, Brent’s eyes widened when I walked out the elevator.

“Alex’s here?”, Paul suddenly walked out from the room with the opened door.

“Hey, guys.”, I smiled a bit. Paul guided me to Katy’s room, and when I saw her, laying on the bed, my heart sunk in.

Her eyes still closed, her skin went pale, and her fully brown hair was wavy, not straight like usual. “Has she awake yet?”

Paul shook his head. “No. she hasn’t.”

He walked out from the room, and told me that I should be the one who wait for her. After he closed the door, I pulled a chair and sat next to her bed.

I took her hand and pressed it against my forehead. “Wake up, Katy Cat, everyone’s worried about you.”

The sound of the heart rate indicator, the fluid that moved inside the tube, and the sound of the oxygen inside her oxygen mask were the only noises I heard.

Her heart rate was low, and my heart beat was heavy and thumping, like a humming bird. I kept on mumbling and praying for her to wake up.

It was nearly midnight when suddenly, one of her fingers twitched. My eyes flutter open and waited until she does it again, a moment later, two of her fingers moved.

“Paul! She’s up!”, I shouted excitedly. Then, Paul and the others rushed into the room. We all gathered around her bed and Paul’s cousin took her other hand and her eyes got teary.
Slowly but sure, Katy’s eyes began to open until I could see her turquoise pupils again.

“What==happened?”, she croaked in a husky voice.

“Katy!”, Paul already on her other side and hugged her carefully. “We were so worried.”

“What happened?”, Katy demanded.

“You were drowning.”, I finally spoke up.

Katy sharply turned her head to my way and her eyes widened. “Alex?”

“Hi, Kate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait,you have to thank Maisha for giving me an inspiration,because of her story used Raging Waters, i got an idea! thank you,maisha!;D