‹ Prequel: Katy's Summer

Dear Katy

You Have The Key,The Key To My Heart

“Look at the train! Choo choo!”, Alex was trying to spoon feed me while I was still laying on the hospital bed. It had been four days, and I’m still stuck in the hospital. The doctor said there were still some chlorine water inside me.

“Alex! I’m not a kid!”, I giggled and pushed his hand lightly.

It confuses me why Alex asked to fill Paul in, for taking care of me. he said that ATL’s new record was already done, and he wanted to give Paul more time to finish his.

“Alex, when’s the others gonna arrive?”, I asked as I leaned back to the bed head.

“Serena said that they’re going to arrive in—“

“We’re here!”, Aubrey’s high voice echoed on my hospital room’s walls. I saw the others walked into the room behind her. “Katy!”

Aubrey embraced me in a tight hug, so does the others. “I was just talking about you guys with Alex!”

“Oh, you do?”, Dexter giggled as she sat on the couch, between Aubrey and Jack.

“Oh Oh! Can we tell you a story, Katy Cat?!”, Aubrey sat next to me on the bed excitedly.

I put my arm around her shoulder. “About what?”

“About a prince, who come rescuing his princess when she’s sick.”, Serena teased.

My cheeks got hotter and I could see Alex’s too. He buried his face in his legs to hide his cheeks. I nervously ran my fingers through his auburn hair and I felt he jolted a bit when my fingers made contact with his hair.

“Guys.”, I hissed and Rian roared into a laugh. “Rian, stop it!”

“Okay.”, he tried to stop laughing, but it was a total failure. After I talked for a minute with the others, I realized Alex fell asleep.

Alex

My eyes fluttered open and pulled my head up. the sky outside the window was dark and I could hear thunders rumbling. I looked around the room and the others were sleeping on the sofa bed, or the couch.

“You’re up.”

I turned my head around to Katy and her turquoise eyes lit up in the dimmed room. My hand was still in hers, and it felt like the warmth in her transferred to me.

“I thought you were sleeping, like them.”

She shook her head. “You know I can’t sleep during thunderstorms.”

“Without me.”, I whispered.

I thought my voice wasn’t audible, but she nodded slightly. Suddenly, she took a deep breath and slowly, sliding out from the bed. “Katy?”

She ignored me and kept on trying to get off the bed. I let her hand go and when her feet already touched the linoleum floor, she smiled.
“Let’s go outside.”, she jerked her thumb to the door that goes to the balcony.

“But it’s raining outside.”

Katy narrowed her eyes and grinned. “Alex Gaskarth, are you backing up?”

“No!”

“Well, come on!”, she quickly but carefully pulled her IV tube’s hanger and opened the balcony door. the cold wind and the smell of wet soil from outside washed into the room.

I followed her to a wooden bench, where she sat down and I sat next to her. We sat in silent, enjoying each other presence, while the raindrops smashing onto the canopy hovering over us.

My eyes peeked to her and she was closing her eyes. Her lips were forming a serene smile. “Alex.”

“Y-Yeah?”

She opened her eyes and looked at me. “I missed you.”

“I-I missed you too.”

I didn’t think about anything else. I encircled my arm around her waist and pulled her closer. She wrapped her arms around my waist.

It felt really good to have her in my arms again. Her average frame fits my arms, like my arms were only designed for her.

“Don’t leave.”, she whimpered and pulled away. “Don’t leave, Alex.”

“I won’t.”

“Do you remember when you saved me from drowning when we were inside that abandoned house?”

I nodded. “Well, when I was drowning in Raging Waters, I thought of you. I thought of you were the one who’ll be rescuing me.”, she continued.

My heart sunk in. I shouldn’t talked behind her back two years ago, I should’ve kept my promise to myself about I should’ve be the one who protected her. I couldn’t even make a promise to myself.

“I could feel your arms, pulling me onto the surface, I thought I would die without seeing you one more time.”, she talked quietly, almost like a whisper.

“When I opened my eyes the first time, I was a bit disappointed to see Hailey and Paul, but then, when you talked, my heart leaped.”, she monologue.

It felt like my tongue was frozen. It felt like someone tied my tongue up and pulled it back. I couldn’t say anything.

“For two years, I couldn’t get you out of my mind. Even though I kind of hated you for what you did, but my feelings told me that you didn’t do anything. You weren’t guilty.”

“Ka—Katy.”, I finally managed to chocked out. The rain stopped, and the clouds were gone. Bright orange light kissed the side of her face, and her turquoise eyes lit up brighter than ever.
“I never could get you out of my mind too, and when I found out that you’re dating Paul, I was a total wreck. Even the guys had to pulled me up to the stage or the studio.”

Her eyes were wide, and her pale skin warm under my skin. “I can’t be like my old self without you, Kate.”

“We kind of suck on not loving each other.”, she giggled as her hand cupped the side of my face.

“But, what about Paul?”

She looked down to her hand. “I can’t leave him when he needs so much support at this time. I’m sorry.”

My mind told me to get mad, but I couldn’t. I just couldn’t. “Oh.”

“But, I’ll make you a promise.”

“What?”

Katy took my left hand and slid something cold into my ring finger. “I promise that my heart is only for you.”

I looked down to my finger and it was a black plastic ring, with a mini rubber guitar on it. “Shouldn’t I be the one who give you a ring?”

“Well, I’m a feminist, you know.”, she giggled and touched my key necklace. “The key to my heart.”

“Do you still keep the lock?”

She held her hand up and there was a delicate silver chain bracelet, encircling her wrist. On one of the chain, hung a little red heart shaped lock.

“And it’s still locked.”, she smiled proudly.

“You kept your promise.”

“You’re the only one who have the key.”
♠ ♠ ♠
here you go
and i think the plot had been changed
sorry!
thank you for the comment and subscription!