Status: Completed

P.S I Love You

Sweet Little Angel

“Push Holly! I need you to push.” Doctor Rodriguez shouted.

Holly felt tears streaming down her face, she didn’t know if she could do this. She squeezed her eyes shut hoping to see Gerry but saw nothing. Holly opened her eyes again, she took a deep breath and pushed with all her might.

“Yes Holly! Good girl! I can see the head!”

Holly pushed more and more, then she felt a slight little tingle on her cheek. Gerry was there kissing her cheek.

“Keep pushing Holly!”

A smile spread across Holly’s face as she pushed again until she heard the soft gentle cries of a sweet little angel.

Holly opened her eyes to see Gerry standing by the doctor, tears were streaming down his cheeks as he bent down to press his lips to the baby’s forehead. He looked up at Holly to wink then he was gone when the doctor passed in front of him.

Nurses were wiping away Holly’s sweat, and one even pulled her hair into a ponytail.

“Mrs. Kennedy? Would you like to meet your daughter?” a nurse asked.

Holly grinned as she nodded. She opened her arms to cradle her daughter to her chest. Holly felt tears fall down her cheeks as she pressed her lips to the baby’s nose.

“Have you decided a name?”

Holly looked at the nurse when an even bigger smile spread across her face.

“Yes.”

Holly stroked the baby’s cheek as she said, “Janessa Kennedy.”

“That’s a beautiful name.”

Holly nodded and pressed her lips to her daughter once more. She ran her fingers all along her face with a grin on her face.

“Hi.” She whispered.
Janessa tried to open her eyes but instead soft little grunts came from her. Holly giggled.

“You sound like your dad already.”

In the back of her head, she heard the soft laughs of her husband.