Status: Complete ]: Prequel?

Please Don't Forgive Me

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Here Without You

I spent two weeks sulking around the apartment. Yes, I went to school and work, but I felt like a zombie. My mom came over and insisted that I get up off of my ‘lazy ass’ and do something. I got up and cleaned the entire apartment three times. I went food shopping. I went to the mall with my friend Mia and I went out to dinner with my cousin Allison. I baked a batch of cookies to bring to the couple who just moved in down the hall and I considered repainting the apartment.

There were only two days left before their show in Phoenix. They would be here the night of their show and the day after. I was so excited that I almost couldn’t contain it. I couldn’t go on tour with them because it was the middle of the semester. If I left it would be a waste of a lot of money.

I fell asleep on the couch with a magazine on my chest and Machiavelli curled up on my lap. He truly was the cuddliest cat I had ever met. And he was like my own personal space heater—not that I really needed it in Arizona.

“Ana! Anika!” I heard as something hit me in the head. I looked up to find Mia standing behind the couch looking at me.

“How the fuck did you get in here?” I asked in shock.

“You guys have left the spare key under the doormat since you moved in. I’m not that stupid. And besides Garrett told me where it was so I could come check up on you.” I groaned and lifted the cat off of my lap. “Why do you have a cat?” I groaned again and buried my face in the pillow.

“Garrett got it for me so that I had something to cuddle with while he was gone. This thing may be soft and cuddly and warm, but it’s nothing compared to Garrett.”

“Are you excited, he’ll be home tomorrow?” I looked at her confused.

“He’s not going to be home tomorrow. He’ll be home in two days,” I sighed.

“Then my bad,” she laughed. “He’ll be home tomorrow. I guess he wanted to surprise you,” she explained. I smiled softly and played with the hem of the t-shirt I was wearing—one of Garrett’s.

“Does it ever get easier?” I asked her softly. She had briefly dated John when the Maine had just started touring.

“Not really. But when I was with John their tours were like two weeks at a time. Maybe there was one that was a month.” I sighed.

“The good old days.” I stopped and thought before speaking again. “I mean, I’m happy that they’re so successful, but I miss having Garrett around for more than maybe a month at a time. I miss him.”

“I know you do. But they’ll be home soon enough.” That was easy for her to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short and so totally a filler; kind of crappy. I think I might have some good stuff coming up though. So pretty please with sugar on top, read, comment, subscribe.
<333 Love, Jaylee <333