Status: Actively Active. (:

Baby, You're So Gone.

Young Love Is Ruthless.

I pushed a strand of my auburn hair out of my eyes and took a deep breath, staring at the building in front of me. I had been in California for three days at a cheap motel I had found close by my destination. The sea brine reached my nose and I grimaced; noting how this place was so different from Georgia.

Swallowing my fear and doubts, I walked up the few steps and knocked on the door of the beautiful beach house Immediately, a petite girl just one inch shorter than me opened the door her blue eyes probing mine. At first, I was shocked at how those eyes looked so familiar until I realized those were the eyes I stared into when I saw my reflection in the mirror.

The shock I felt was mirrored on her face. "Your eyes," I murmured.

"They're the same as mine!" She exclaimed.

"Joanne, what's all the commotion?" A woman about Mom's age came to stand next to Joanne, her blonde hair falling in curls around her face. She seemed like the picture perfect housewife and I wondered if it was true.

"Mom, look at her." Joanne nodded towards me and her mother laid eyes on me for the first time. Her jaw dropped and a gasp escaped her pink lips. "Could it be?"

I stood there, feeling like a complete idiot. "I think I have the wrong house..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say next.

The blonde woman put a hand on my shoulder to stop me from leaving. "No, no honey. You stay right there." She urged before calling out a name that was oddly familiar.

"What's the matter, Clarisse?" A tall, thin man came into view and I felt my own jaw drop. His blue eyes fell on Joanne, then Clarisse and finally- to me.

"Annabelle?" He choked out, removing his square glasses. They made him look professional, like a university professor.

I nodded and fought the urge to bite my lip. "Yeah." A pause. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have barged in here like this." I turned to go but Clarisse held me back and smiled at me.

"What's the rush, sweetie? You're already here." A slight country twang colored her words, but it went well with her appearance. Doing my best to smile back, I walked into their typical suburban home.

---

Dad sat down next to me on the couch while Clarisse set a tray of drinks on the table, sitting on the couch opposite of us with Joanne. I grabbed a cup from the tray and murmured a thank you, taking a sip of the bittersweet lemonade.

"What brings you here, Annie?" I tried not to flinch when he used my nickname; I had forgotten that he started the trend. "Is your mother alright?" I could see the concern on his face.

"Yeah, she's fine. She just got married." I rambled out, as if that would justify my coming here.

Dad raised his eyebrows but said nothing, as if waiting for me to continue. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I left Georgia. Right before I left, Mom mentioned you lived here and it wasn't my intention but I drove here and had to find you."

"Where are you staying?" Dad asked.

"A motel three blocks down."

Clarisse interrupted. "Tsk, tsk. We can't have that. You'll stay with us." She said sternly.

I looked at Clarisse and then at Dad. "Are you sure?"

Dad smiled his crinkly smile, the one that lit up his eyes and made him look so many years younger- it made me flash back to the years where he had been with us in Georgia. "Positive."

I opened my mouth to thank them when my phone started vibrating loudly in my pocket. Apologizing, I took it out and looked at the name flashing on my screen; Nick.

Sighing, I ignored the call and looked back at Dad, who had a knowing look on his face

"Boy troubles?" He asked, his eyes shining.

I shrugged, uncomfortable with the subject. "Sort of. He just... won't let go." I admitted, trying not to think of Nick. Trying not the remember the way his lips felt against mine, the way my skin burned when it came in contact with his or the way his eyes were so deep- always probing mine for answers that I would never say out loud.

"Ahh." A grin brightened his face. "Young love."

Shock crashed over me, "What?"

He rolled his eyes and shared a look with Clarisse. "You'll see."
♠ ♠ ♠
REALLY long. <3

I love you guys. Comment please. (: