Status: Actively Active. (:

Baby, You're So Gone.

My Eyes Don't Believe Her.

I gripped the steering wheel tightly and set my forehead on top of it. Deep breaths, I told myself. I had to get a grip.

I heard a knock on my window and looked up, my eyes settling on Nick. I let out a sigh through my lips and opened the window, eying him suspiciously.

"Why did you run off like that?" he asked, his brown eyes filling up with worry.

I raised an eyebrow, "If I recall correctly, I said bye."

"You still ran off." Nick pressed.

I shrugged and licked my lips. "Look, I have to go. It's getting dark."

"I doubt that your Mom would mind you staying out for an hour or two more." What was his deal? Couldn't he see that I wanted to be alone?

I pursed my lips. I knew my Mom wouldn't mind but I didn't want to stay out with Nick. I didn't like his persistent questions and the worry in his eyes. I did just fine on my own, thank you very much. I don't need anyone worrying about me.

"Why?" I asked finally, my eyes boring into his. "Why are you going to all this trouble?"

Nick hesitated, and I took that as a cue for me to turn on my car and leave. I ran a hand through my hair and suddenly felt so stupid. I was expecting something heartfelt and cute from him, but God, now that I thought about it; it felt silly to want that.

I put my key into the ignition and turned so the engine would turn on. I lowered the volume of the radio that blasted loud and proud, and put the car into reverse.

"Annabelle, wait." Nick stated.

I froze with my hand on the gear shift, waiting for his words. I turned my head so I would look at him, my bangs covering my blue eyes.

"You..." he let out a huge breath and ran a hand through his messy orange hair. "You seem different than most girls." So typically cliche; I wasn't buying it.

I let out a sarcastic chuckle. "You're going to have to do better than that."

I cocked my head to the side, waiting for his response to that. A hint of amusement danced in his eyes, making them light up. I fought the urge to smile; something about his eyes focusing on me triggered something within me.

"You are making this so hard." he complained, laughing slightly.

I laughed now, shaking my head. "I'm leaving, Nick." I tried to keep from smiling at him, but it was so hard. "It was nice talking to you."

It surprised me how much I meant those words. It had been nice talking to him; a break from my usual life. I looked away from him and turned up the volume of the radio just a tad.

Nick reached out a hand and gripped my forearm. "Wait." he said quickly.

I looked up at him, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion, but he was gone already. Nick practically ran to the other side of the car and opened the passenger seat, settling into the seat next to me. He turned to me with a grin, his hair messier than it had been before.

I was gaping at him, wondering what the hell he was doing in my car. I opened my mouth to protest at him, but he cut me off with the words that shocked me almost as much as his actions.

"Where ever you're going, I'm going."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh, cutee! <33
Nick Santino made my day today; he answered me on ARTTM's Chat.
Eric, too! He said "Te Amo? Okay, I love you too, Julie!" EEP!
*sigh* Anyways, 12 subscribers!
Who are you?! ;D