Status: Finished

Tales of the Sunset Strip

Double talking jive

When I wake up for the second time, it is already one thirty in the afternoon. I have to work in the evening and I realize it’s better to go home straight away, take a shower and change.

I look at Slash and smile. I have to admit it, he’s cute. But then again, all of the guys from Guns n’ Roses are. I’m glad the crüe guys have introduced me to them.

“Mornin’ Michelle, want some coffee?” I turn around and see Izzy standing there with a mug.

“Oh yes please. Izzy, you’re a lifesaver.”

“Addicted to caffeine?” he asks, obviously amused.

“Yeah but also because I got to work tonight and I’m having a hang over from hell.”

I walk into the kitchen and see Marilyn, Duff,John, Mick, Vince and Tommy standing there, all of them looking tired. I see that Duff has put his arm around Marilyn’s shoulder.

“Hey guys.”

“ Where do you actually work?” Izzy asks, standing behind me. “Wasn’t it the Whiskey?”

“Yeah, I work there as erm…a waitress.”

As soon as Izzy and Duff leave, I get surprised looks from my four friends.

“Why didn’t you tell Izzy about your real job?” John asks surprised.

“Because I know they’re going beg me if I want to allow them to play at the Whiskey as soon as they know about it. My headache is worse enough already without them whining like little kids about it. Come on John, you know about what has happened and I don’t want that bullshit again.Anyway, Marilyn, what has been going on between you and Duff?”

“ I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Yeah right, when Duff still stood next to you, you were acting way to couple-y for two people who only knew each other since last night. You like him, don’t you?” I grin, ignoring Vince’s disappointed face. The guy is trying to get in the pants of every female member of the human population with a pulse anyway.

“We could say the same thing about you and Slash. You two definitely were hitting it off last night.” Tommy says and I can’t help but grin.

“Yeah. I’ll admit it: I think he’s cute, which gives me another reason to keep my mouth shut about my current job and the crappy love life I had in the past.”

“ Alright, as long as you don’t do something incredibly stupid”
.
“ Yeah dad,” I reply sarcastically while I roll my eyes at Mick. What he said was true, though. He was always the most responsible one of the bunch.

Back at work I have to arrange everything for tomorrow’s show. I sit at the bar, working at my checklist when a familiar guy with a top hat and curly hair enters.

“Hey Slash, can’t get enough of me, can you?” I flirt and I notice the smile from underneath all the curls.

“You left this,” he says and gives me my bag back.

“Thanks. Well…erm…I was wondering if you want to hang out Saturday night? If you’re off work that is.”

“In fact I am. So, how about 8 o’clock?”

“ Perfectly,” he says and his smile gets even bigger while I give him my address.

“Ok dude, see you then. Can’t wait.” Somehow I can’t wipe the stupid, goofy grin on my face as I watch him leave.