Gold, Guns, Girls

Chapter Three.

By the time he had strolled back into his bedroom with his blazer jacket slung over his shoulder, it was past midnight and Olivia was half-asleep, watching The Rescuers Down Under on his bed. She probably wouldn't have even noticed his presence if he hadn't been whistling the tune of John Jacob Jingleheimer Shmidt loudly as he entered. She was almost tempted to pretend to be completely unconscious, but he had caught her with her eyes open, so now she was stuck.

"Well." He said, looking at her expectantly with his hands on his hips.

Olivia sat up from her original laying position, rubbing her tired eyes with the heels of her palms. "What?"

"Aren't you going to ask me how it went?" He grinned, ruffling his already disheveled hair.

She brushed out the knots in her hair with her fingers, and smiled at him. "Well, I wasn't planning on it."

He scoffed and made his way over to the bed, collapsing on the mattress beside her. With a sigh, he let his head rest on her shoulder and one of his arms drape around her waist. "It was so amazing, Olivia. She was so amazing."

Olivia's heart sank. "That-that's awesome."

"I know." He grinned. "It was the best date I have ever been on. Even better than that date I went on with Amy Taylor."

Olivia could remember him telling her about his date with Amy Taylor. She had given him a hand job in the movie theatre, and again in the car while they were making out in front of her house.

"Wow..." Olivia breathed. "That good, huh?"

He snickered. "Oh yeah."

She didn't even want to know what that meant.

He didn't give her much information on what they had done on their date. She was both relieved and annoyed by this, seeing as he always gave her every detail after he goes on a date with a girl. Though, she knew that something she definitely did not want to hear about had happened on their date, she always kind of did want to hear about it so that she knew what she was competing with. In a way, Olivia always felt the need to fight for Cameron's attention when he finds a girlfriend. Though, she'd never openly fight with the girl, she often found herself spending an extra fifteen minutes in the bathroom getting ready each day, just so that she'd look more appealing to him. For some reason, all she wanted was for him to tell her that she was pretty. Perhaps prettier than whatever girl it was that he was dating.

"She wants me to come over next Wednesday."

Olivia's shoulders slumped. Wednesday was their annual movie night. He had never ditched her on movie night. Why now?

"She says her parents aren't going to be home." He smirked. "And we'll get the entire house to ourselves."

Oh. That's why. "What are you guys, uhm, going to do?"

"I can think of a few things." He said suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

"You guys like, just started dating though. Don't you think you're moving too fast? Sex on the second date is uhm, moving pretty fast." Olivia swallowed.

"Babe, we're young." He laughed, falling backwards onto his bed. "We're supposed to move fast while we still can."

"I guess..." She murmured.

"And plus." He added, with a cheeky grin on his face. "We had sex on the first date."

Olivia would never understand how Cameron could be so hormonal. You'd think that since his life was so tiring--Both physically with all his sports and running around for his family, and mentally because of all the things he has gone through--he'd have the libido of a carrot, but no. His sex drive was almost startling. Before, Olivia used to laugh at the way he used to speak about sex on a daily basis. But that all changed the day he actually had sex for the first time, back in the eighth grade. At the time, Olivia was convinced that people her age couldn't even have sex. She had been brought up to believe that you weren't old enough until you were married. She also though that it was next to impossible for a Junior in high school to find anything appealing in an awkward and still-developing, eighth grade boy. Especially something appealing enough to have sex with him, but Cameron had a way of always proving Olivia wrong.

"She's really great, Olivia." He gushed, staring up at his ceiling. "Like, apart from the amazing sex, she's so perfect. She's smart and interesting and funny. She doesn't care about what other people think about her, and she's not the kind of girl that expects flowers and chocolates from guys. She hates chivalry. She feels that since it's the girls who cause guys the most trouble, it should be them giving us flowers."

"She sounds perfect for you." Olivia smiled weakly, playing with the ring on her index finger.

"She is, Olivia." He sighed. "She's so perfect. She makes me so happy."

Olivia turned her head to the side so that she could look at him, and lightly touched his cheek. He was an asshole. The biggest asshole in the world, even, but he was her best friend. Not only that, but he had been through so much shit almost his entire life, she was able to get past the fact that he was a jerk. That he was sometimes very selfish, and occasionally very self-centered. No matter what, she wanted him to be happy, even if it meant that it was another girl making him feel that way.

"I'm happy that you're happy." Olivia said softly. "You deserve to be happy."

He leaned into her touch. "You do too. So, I'm going to find you a boyfriend."

Olivia laughed. "I think I'll pass."

"Oh, come on!" he whined. "In all the time we have been friends, never once have you showed interest in a guy. I'm starting to think you're a lesbian."

Olivia laughed. "I have too showed interest in a guy. Remember that time we watched Factory Girl and I fell in love with the guy who played Bob Dylan?"

Cameron gave her a look. "I meant like, a real guy."

"Hayden Christensen is real!"

"Not an actor. Like, guy from our town kind of real." Cameron explained. "You've never been interested in a guy from around here."That's what you think... "I've never actually talked to any before."

"Oh, bullshit." Cameron laughed. "You have all those hunky seniors at your house like, every day because of Elliott. They all love you."

This was true. Olivia's older brother was Elliott Stewart, captain of the football, hockey, rugby and wrestling teams. His seemingly endless group of similar, jockey male friends were always hanging around the house. Elliott was the kind of brother that didn't like to push his little sister away. In fact, more times than not, he made Olivia come with him to all the sports games and after parties. It was his way of keeping people from picking on her when she goes to school. Though, Olivia was pretty and a very nice girl, and he knew that she shouldn't have any troubles with people in the school, he just felt that he should make sure of it by making all the guys familiar with her. Make them know that this is his little sister, and he loves her very much, and would hurt anybody that tried to hurt her.

Only problem was that they were a little too comfortable with his little sister. Some of the guys had adopted her as their own kid sister, but most of the others had taken a liking to her in a different way. They were all very open with the fact that they all thought she was hot--They even told Elliott about it on a daily basis, despite the fact that it pisses him off when they do so. They'd never actually pursue her, per say. They will jokingly suggest that they make out or that she visits them at their house at night while everyone else is sleeping in little clothing--But they'd never actually do anything to her. But that's not to say that they wouldn't willingly make out with her had she approached them in the nude, begging for them to do so.

Olivia laughed. "I think I'll pass."

"I'm going to find you a guy, Olivia." He insisted. "I will."

She merely laughed in reply, for he was the only that she truly wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Olivia.
Cameron
Heather

Those are what I picture the characters as. :)
But yeah, comments would be appreciated!
Subscribe, too!
Thanks for reading. :)