Sweet Charlotte

somewhere far, far away.

Hearing her name being whispered, Charlotte stopped playing with the scissors. She turned her head to the door, thinking it was one of the nurses calling her, but all she saw was a black shadow in the small opening under the door. A feeling of fear washed through her. She was aware that is was night time by now; her mother and father were home, and the nurses were probably in some other part of the building. She didn't like nighttime. She hated it. At night she realized that she was always alone.

Her voice was shaky as she spoke, “Who's there?”

It's okay, Charlotte,” The voice spoke again. “There's nothing to be afraid of.” But she was still afraid, because the man's voice was haunting in a way, and it made that fear shiver down her back. There was a creak as the door was opened. Charlotte held the scissors tightly in her hand as she pushed herself to the back of the room.

“Leave me alone,” She whimpered. “Mommy said not to talk to strangers.” The man slowly entered the room. He was walking up to her, his face slowly uncovering itself as he walked closer to the light that was seeping through the only window in the room.

“I'm no stranger, Charlotte... you already know who I am.” He walked out of the darkness and her eyes widened at who she saw.

“Uncle Bobby?” Then, as quick as a light, she felt him stuff her mouth with a cloth and cover her eyes with a blindfold. She tried to stop him with the little self-defense knowledge she had. It was no use, because in the end, even if there was a bit of a struggle to try and stop her from moving, he was still stronger than her and was able to tie her hands behind her back, the scissors in her hand swiftly slicing her forearm as he did so. She screamed, but it was barely audible.

Bobby was going to take her somewhere far away.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is going to be the last.