Status: Updates on Weekends.

She's a Lady

Broken

I heard another thud and someone else picked up the phone.

"Hello?" a femnine voice said.

"Who is this?" I asked rudely.

"Valary. Who is this?"

"Melody." I said my voice a whisper. I could faintly hear sirens in the backround. I assume the neighbors heard me screaming and called 911. The phone fell out of my hand and shut itself off.

"Ma'am are you alright?" A short plump police officer asked me shaking my shoulders.

"My mom just died." After i said that, it finally dawned on me. It's not a dream. Mrs. Conners, the lady who lived next door rushed to my side and hugged me.

"Honey, everything will be alright." she said bursting into tears. I love you mom, why did you have to leave me here? That was the last thing i remember thinking before everything went black.

Hey
You're crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Take it off, the paper is your game
You jump in bed with fame
Another one night paid in full, uh
You're so fine, it won't be a loss
Cashing in the rocks, just to get you face to face

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

I lifted my arm and tried to shut off the source of the noise. Oh shit, thats my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, this is Jenna, where are you? You're entire apartment building is blocked off to the public. What happened?" Then I remembered that my mother is dead.

"Jenna, I'll call you back." I said as I fought back tears.

I've never been good with dealing my emotions. I never let people see me cry. When I'm alone, I resort to music to take away the pain. I looked around the unfamillar room to make sure no one was there and burst into quiet sobs. I pulled out my ipod and played When you're gone by Avril Lavigne. After that song finished it switched to Scars by Papa Roach. How appropriate. I immeditelly stopped crying when a lady who looked in her thirties walked into the room.

"Melody, my name is Sarah. I'm going to help you find where you will stay until you're legal"

"Alright, whatever." I said trekking behind her. She sat down at a desk in a rather large office.

"Melody, do you know who your father is?" Sarah asked.

"Sadly. You're not going to make me stay with him are you?" I pleaded.

"I'm sorry. He is your father and has legal rights."

"NO! NO WAY IN HELL AM I STAYING WITH THAT BASTARD!!"

"According to the law, yes you are. I'm sorry. You're leaving for Huntington next week after your mother's funeral."

"NO!"

"Yes, you have to." she sighed rubbing her temples.

"Why? Why should I go stay with my bastard of a father who left my mother and I to fend for ourselves?"

"Lets put it this way, you only have to stay until you're 18. Then if you want you can leave."

"Fine." I huffed. I knew I had no choice but to comply. If I argued any further they might sedate me. That may seem extreme but in a city like New York, anything can happen.

"Your father is going to be here later this afternoon. Your aunt Karen has taken care of the Funeral preperations. You may go now." as soon as she said that, I stormed out of her office, grabbed my things and walked to my apartment. I picked up my accoustic guitar and song book and started writing.

Two hours later my front door flew open.

"Dahling are you okay? I heard what happened." Jenna said.

"As okay as I can be I guess. I just finished a song." I said wiping my tears before she could spot them.

"I wanna hear!" She whined.

"Fine, fine"

I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph and I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

You've gone away, you don't feel me anymore

The worst is over now and we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away
There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

You've gone away
You don't feel me here anymore

"Woah. Thats good. I bet we can get someone to duet that song and record it." Jenna happily chirpped.

"Jenna, I'm leaving to go live with my father after my mother's funeral." I whispered.

"What? Why can't you sta-" she said before whe was interrupted by a knock on the door. I opened it to find the last person I wanted to see. My father.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first song is Crazy Bitch-Buckcherry
The second song is Broken- Seether feat. Amy Lee.
I dont own either of these songs.

Comment Subscribe. :)