Status: Updates on Weekends.

She's a Lady

Mason

“Hello, uh honey. I was told to come here to meet you.” He said.

“Fine come on in. Father, this is Jenna. Jenna this is my sorry excuse of a father.”

“Nice to meet you Melody’s father.” Jenna said her usual optimistic self.

“The funeral is tomorrow. I’m going to bed. Jenna you know where you usually sleep. Goodnight. Father, I assume you have a hotel.” I yawned.

“Alright bye.” He said awkwardly.

“Quick, he’s gone. Turn on the music!” Jenna yelled.

“I’m seriously tired.” I said.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said.

“Goodnight.”

I didn’t remember anything about the funeral except sad faces and tears. She didn’t deserve to die that way. I was now on my way to California to continue my sad life. At least I know my sisters.

“Miss, the plane will be landing shortly.” The nice looking stewardess said pulling me from my train of thought.

“Thank you.” The plane landed rather roughly ten minutes later. I ignored my dad and went to get my zebra print luggage. The rest of it is getting shipped later.

“Melody, Val has the car out front.” Dad said pulling me away from the baggage claim. I stayed behind himas he walked to the car.

“Melody? Is that you?” Val yelled from across the street.

“Yeah. It is.” I said coldly. She didn’t seem to notice as she pulled me into a tight hug.

“I missed you! I cant wait to show you around Huntington. You can meet the guys too!” Val rambled.

“Where’s Michelle?” Dad asked Val, finally shutting her up.

“She’s at Brian’s. I’ll drop you guys off home and after she settle in, I’ll take Mel over to Brian’s to meet the guys.” She replied.

“I’m right here you know.” I snapped.

“Sorry. Do you want to go to meet the guys? Zack has a sister that’s your age.” She apologized.

“It’s alright. Do you have a boyfriend?” I asked trying to be nice.

“No, haven’t found the right guy yet.” She sighed

“I have a few single friends that I can tell to come visit me if you want.”

“Alright, sure. Here we are, welcome to your new home.” She pointed to the big white house to the left. It didn’t take me that long to unpack; all of my stuff was in a moving truck somewhere.

“Val, I’m ready.” I said walking down stairs.

“Alright, lets go.” She said turning off the T.V. When we pulled up to Brian’s house, I saw a rather buff man chasing a rather short girl.

”Matt! Leave Misty alone.” Val yelled as ‘Matt’ finally caught up to her and threw her over his shoulder.

“Hello, I’m Matt. And you are?” the buff man said still holding the girl over his shoulder.

“SANDERS! PUT MY SISTER DOWN!” A voice yelled from inside the house.

“VAL! Did you bring food? Did you bring skittles? Did you bring- What’s your name?”

“Melody” I said staring at the very odd man in front of me.

“Well I’m Jimmy come on I’ll introduce you to everyone.” He said taking my arm and forcing me to skip into the house.

“EVERYONE! THIS IS MELODY MY NEW BEST FRIEND. ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WILL HAVE TO BRING IT UP WITH THE STALLION DUCKS!” Jimmy yelled. I heard a chorus of “Hi’s”

“The guy on the floor is Brian. The dude in the recliner is Johnny with his girlfriend Lacey. The beautiful lady on the love seat is my girlfriend, Leana. There are some other people too, but I don’t know where they are right now.”

“Hi. Where is Michelle?” I asked looking around.

“In the kitchen. Melody is that you?” Michelle said, peeking her head out from the kitchen.

“Yeah” I said as she ran to give me a hug.

“I missed you! Why didn’t you come and visit?” She pestered.

“I was busy with the studio.” I replied freeing myself from her grasp.

“Well, it’s good to see you. I’m making snacks would you like something?” she asked.

“No, I’m fine.” I said as she gave me one last squeeze then proceeded to walk into the kitchen. The same rather short girl that was thrown over Matt’s shoulders walked up to me.

“Hi, I’m Misty. Wait. Haven’t I seen you before?” Misty said.

“Hmm. Misty, Misty. Are you Misty Baker?” I asked suddenly recognizing the girl in front of me.

“Yeah. Oh I remember. When we went to New York on summer vacation two years ago.” She said pulling me into a hug.

“Yep. I still am sorry about Mason, I should have never bought him skittles and monster.” I said.

“Ha ha, its fine.” She laughed slinging an arm around my shoulder. Suddenly a very attractive guy walked into the room, hair a mess. It looked like he had been sleeping. His emerald eyes connected with mine and I froze.
♠ ♠ ♠
This special chapter is posted today for a very special reason. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY. RIP. He would have been 29. This chapter is deticated to all of the people who support the band during this hard time and to Jimmy. I hope there will be plenty of stallion ducks for you to chase in the afterlife.