Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 21

*Brian's P.O.V*

"Hey, is Kels home yet?" I asked Michelle, walking over and giving her a kiss on the cheek. We'd been at the studio all day.

"No, I thought she went to the studio with you," Michelle said, looking confused.

"I haven't talked to her all day." This couldn't be good...

"Call Ben or Joe. I'll call Beth," Jimmy said, pulling out his phone. We all started calling one of them until they answered.

"Hello?" Carson answered.

"Hey, is Kels with you?" I asked.

"No, she left right after school. Is everything ok?"

"I don't know. But she hasn't come home. Do you know where she might be?" There was that damn bad feeling again.

"You could call Aaron. Maybe he finally fucking grew some balls and talked to her," he growled.

"Alright, thanks, Kid."

"Let me know if you find her, please." I could tell he was just as concerned about her as I was.

"Will do." I hung up and dialed Aaron's number.

"Hello." He answered a little timidly.

"Is Kelsi with you?" I rushed.

"No, why? What's wrong?"

I sighed agitatedly. "That's what I'm trying to figure out. She didn't come home after school."

He cursed under his breath. "Has she been doing this?"

"Do you think I'd be calling you if she was?" I snapped. My fucking daughter was missing and he was being an idiot!

"I think I might know where she is. Meet me at the pier. Hurry." The line went dead, and I stood there, confused for a few seconds.

"What'd they say?" Michelle asked.

"Aaron said to meet him at the pier," I said, grabbing my keys.

"Aaron?" Everyone asked confused at the same time. I didn't have time to explain. If he knew where Kelsi was, that's all I cared about.

When we got to the pier, we ran over to Aaron. "I looked for her all over. She isn't on the pier," he said frantically.

"Not on..." Jimmy trailed off, then suddenly started running. We ran after him, going under the pier. "Kels!" I looked towards the shoreline, and someone laying.

I ran to the limp body and dropped next to her. Her eyes were closed. She looked so peaceful, not how she's been acting this last month. I looked down, and time stopped around me. The red liquid leaking from her arms made me want to cry. My baby did this to herself... Why did she do it?

"Brian!" Matt yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. Zacky and Jimmy already had her arms wrapped and she was in Jimmy's arms. "Come on, we have to get her to the hospital."

Sitting in the cold waiting room made me fidgety. I had called Papa and asked him to come down. "What's taking them so god damn long?" Johnny hissed, still pacing.

"Things take time, Johnny," Papa said. He was always the one to help keep things under control. That's why I called him...

"Kelsi Haner family." A doctor in a white lab coat called. We all jumped up. "The parents?"

"I'm her father," I said.

"Mr. Haner, your daughter lost a lot of blood. Frankly, she's lucky to be alive. We gave her a blood transfusion and hope she'll wake up soon. All you can do is wait."

"Can I see her?" My voice barely came out as a whisper. He nodded and we followed him to the room.

When I saw her laying there, she almost blended in with the sheets. She was so pale and thin. I sat in the chair next to the bed. "God, baby... Why'd you do it?" The tears finally fell as I held onto her and buried my face into the sheets. This was all my fault... If I'd only seen the signs.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) You guys are all wonderful for commenting! I love all of you! A little bit of Aaron in this one... He's not a total jackass, I promise

So? Who thinks Kels is going to live or die?

Who thinks Brian and Jimmy should kick Aaron and/or Colton's ass?

Who thinks Pete should die his hair pink? lol