Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 24

"Don't ever do that to me again. I thought I lost you," Dad mumbled into my air. I went to talk, but only a choking noise came out. It felt like daggers were going through my throat. Dad pulled back and looked at me with concern and confusion. I pointed to my throat and shook my head. "Johnny, go get the doctor." Johnny nodded and ran out of the room.

"Hey, you." Matt smiled softly, stroking my air. "You really gave us a scare there." I looked down at the blanket, ashamed. He didn't say anything else, just pulled me into his arms.

"Well hello there, Miss Haner. It's good to see you awake. How're you feeling?" The doctor asked. I pointed to my throat and shook my head again. "You can't talk?" I nodded. "Hmm, let's take a look." I opened my mouth as he looked in with a flashlight. "It seems that your tonsils are extremely swollen. You could have tonsillitis. Have you had trouble with them before?" I nodded, remembering all the problems they used to give me. "Were you sick much as a baby and child?" I nodded again. "Alright, well since you're already here, I can see about you getting them taken out." He went through explaining everything that would happen once I got them out. Dad agreed to let them do it. I was going to go in at nine in the morning tomorrow.

As soon as the doctor walked out, Kevin and Aaron walked in. They both looked a little battered up. "What the hell happened to you two?!" Beth asked, rushing over to them. "Oh, you didn't," she said, putting her hands on her hips. They both just nodded and looked at the floor. Then, she hugged them. Yes... Hugged... I don't think they were even expecting that. When she pulled away they both had smug looks on their faces. "I can actually say that I'm proud of you two. Even if you do screw up some things." She mostly looked at Aaron, then whispered something to him. He looked up and over to me.

"Um, guys, why don't we go get something to eat," Gena said, standing up from Zacky's lap. All the guys looked at her like she was on crack, but their girlfriends all slapped them upside the head and made them leave. Aaron and I were the only two left in the room.

He stood there, shuffling his feet. When he looked up at me, his eyes held sadness and regret. "Kels... I know saying that I'm sorry isn't enough... But I am. I am so, so sorry. I'll do anything I have to do to make it up to you." His voice was barely above a whisper.

I knew it wasn't his fault for how he felt. I had even let my emotions get the best of me before. I opened my arms, a signal to tell him to hug me. He smiled and rushed over to my arms. He held onto me, as if I'd turn to vapor. "I'm sorry," he whispered against my neck. I pulled his face back to look at him and shook my head. Telling him he didn't need to be sorry. He went to say something, but I stopped him by pressing my lips to his. I made sure to be gentle of his busted lip. He pulled back, smiling and kissed my forehead.

I moved over a little and pat the space next to me on the bed. He climbed in next to me and lay my head on his chest. I took his right hand and brushed over his bruised knuckles. I looked up at him questioningly. "Don't worry about it," he whispered, kissing the top of my head. I shrugged and snuggled into him.

"All ya'll bitches suck duck balls!" I heard Jimmy yell before he came into the room.

"Jimmy! Ducks don't even have balls!" Beth said laughing.

He playfully glared at her, before running over to me. He unwrapped Aaron's arms from my waist, and practically lifted me off the bed from hugging me. "Please don't ever put my through that again, Munchkin," he whispered. He pulled back and started giving me kisses all over my face. I scrunched up my nose, and pulled back, smiling. "Ha! She smiled! My baby's back!" He held me tight again. I had to give him a tittie twister so he'd let me go so I could breathe! "Ow! Damn, girl," he whined, rubbing his nipple. Everyone started laughing.

I lay my head back down on Aaron's chest and stared off. Steve was right. I was meant to be here. I think it was mostly to help Jimmy and the Berry brothers to wreck havoc. But, of course, do good things too...
♠ ♠ ♠
Do ducks have balls? lol I thought I'd just throw that in there....