Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 27

The next morning, or should I say afternoon, I had woken up before everyone else. I looked around and had to contain a laugh. We were pretty much a pile of tangled limbs. I looked down to find Aaron's head on my chest. I smiled and gently ran my fingers through his hair. He moved a little, before looking up at me. "Hey," he whispered.

"Hey, sleep well?"

"Yeah, I have a nice pillow." He smiled cheekily, laying his head back down.

"Dork." I laughed.

"Why are you two awake already?" Jake groaned from next to us.

"Hun, it's already noon," I said, looking at the clock.

"Yeah, well some of us didn't get to sleep until four," Beth said, rolling over and pulling a blanket over her head.

I sat up as Aaron groaned in protest. I bit my lip so I wouldn't start laughing. Ben was snuggled up to Carson, his face centimeters away. Ben signaled me to stay quiet and I nodded. "Aaron, look," I whispered, shaking him lightly.

"What?" He asked, not moving.

"Babe, seriously, look." He sat up and looked over to Ben and Carson.

"Oh that's wrong," he said, laughing softly. "Hey, Carson. Wake up, Dude," he said, nudging his leg.

"What do you want?" Carson mumbled.

"Open your eyes. There's a surprise waiting for you," Aaron snickered.

"There better not be - AHH!!! Dude, really?!" Carson yelled, jumping away from Ben.

"Aw, baby, why so cranky?" Ben pouted.

"What's all the yelling about?" Joe asked groggily, sitting up. His hair was sticking every which way.

"Nice hair, Joe." I laughed.

"Eh, shut up." He fell back down onto his pillow.

"I'm going to go start brunch," I told Aaron, kissing him and getting up.

"But you were keeping me warm. And being my pillow!"

"Ben's right there. I'm sure he'll snuggle with you."

"Woman! You are crazy in the head!"

As I finished up making pancakes, bacon, sausage, and a fruit dish, everyone decided to wander into the kitchen. "Oh, now you guys get up," I said, shaking my head.

"Thank you, Babe," Aaron said, kissing my cheek as he got a plate.

"Yes! Thank you, Babe." Joe smiled, going to kiss me, but I ducked out of the way.

"Rejected." Derek laughed.

"Good thing, too," Aaron said, keeping his eyes on Joe.

After we were done eating, I changed into clean clothes and Aaron took me home. "Hey," I greeted Val and Michelle.

"Hey, how was it?" Michelle asked.

"Crazy," I said laughing.

"I bet," Val said, eyeing my neck. I looked at her in confusion, before gasping and covering the spot with my hand.

"He didn't," I said, my eyes ready to pop out of my head.

"Oh, he did," Val said, laughing.

"You better hide that," Michelle snickered

"Hide what?" Zacky asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Nothing." All three of us said at the same time. Way to go, guys! He's so not going to suspect us now.

"What're you guys hiding?" He asked, looking at us suspiciously. We just shook our heads. "Kels, why do you have your hand over your neck?"

"I'm just standing like this," I said as casually as possible.

"Uh huh..."

"Hey, girls," Matt smiled, walking in. "Hey, Kels. How was last night?"

"Fun and crazy. We all had a good time. Carson and Ben, more than others probably..." They all gave me weird looks and I told them I'd tell them later.

Zacky snuck up on me while I was talking to Matt a few minutes later. He pulled my hand away from my neck. "Oh hell no!" Matt said, glaring at the purple spot on my neck. I smiled sheepishly.

"So that's what you were hiding?" Zacky asked, smirking.

"Dad's going to kill me if he sees!"

"You guys didn't... You know... Do anything, right?" Matt asked.

"We didn't have sex if that's what you're asking," I said, laughing at his uneasiness.

He let out a breath. "Oh that makes me feel better."

"Feel better about what?" Dad asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Nothing." We all said at the same time... Again.

He looked at all of us, giving us a weird look. "This family gets weirder everyday," he mumbled, shaking his head.

Wonder how long it took him to figure that one out!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all my readers who are supportive! :) As you know this got reported for grammar/spelling errors. I'm sorry that I'm human. But, the amazing Lynnie Vicious is helping me edit :)