Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 36

*Time Elapse: Currently May 2nd*

I was recently laying on Aaron, who was laying on the couch, when I heard a bunch of voices coming through the front door. "I told you guys not to bring strays home anymore!" I called to them, laughing.

"Hey! That hurts my chocolaty fillins!" I looked up to see the infamous Frank Iero.

"Frankie! Why didn't I know you guys were coming?!"

" 'Cause it was supposed to be a surprise, Miss Smarty Pants," Gerard said, sitting on the other couch.

"What? No hug?" Ray asked, pouting.

"I'm too comfortable." I laughed.

"She had a hard day at school," Aaron said, running his fingers through my hair.

"How come?" Dad asked concerned.

"Maybe because I'm going to be out of school for two weeks and I decided to make all of my work up before that?" I laughed sarcastically.

"And that is precisely why we are here." Frank smiled as he sat on the floor next to the couch we were laying on.

I looked at him, then to Dad. "Daddy! You can't leave me here alone with him!"

"You won't be alone with him. Gerard, Mikey, Bob and Ray will be here, too."

I looked up at him with even wider eyes, if possible. "Daddy! You can't leave me here with them!"

"Hey! That's not nice. We came out to take care of you," Frank pouted.

"I'm just kidding, guys. Thank you for caring so much about me," I said, playing with Frank's hair. God, I’m turning into Beth…

* * * * * * * *

The next day I went in to get surgery done on my knee. Yes, I would be on crutches for about seven weeks, or until I felt that I could walk without them. This gave me a few weeks to be off them before tour.

It was settled that I'd be a part time Merch Girl with Val. The other girls were staying home this tour, but would come to visit. It was going to be almost a year long tour with a bunch of amazing bands.

Coming back to the present, I'm sitting in the studio, watching Jimmy and Zacky being weird... What else is new?

"Guys, do you ever get anything done?" I looked up to see Papa walking in.

"Papa! Please tell me you've come to save me!" I said smiling.

"Save you?! Little girl, for your information, we are the shit," Jimmy said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Papa looked at him, then back at me. "Quick, I'm parked out back. I'll distract them while you run."

"Very funny, Papa. But, I won't be doing any running," I said, pointing down to my knee.

"I know, Sweetie, that's why I came. To check up on you. Gerard and them are taking a little longer than they thought, so I said I'd come pick you up."

"Ok, that's fine. We can watch movies!"

He chuckled. "Sounds good. Go ahead and tell everyone bye. I'll meet you in the car."

When we got home, I went to the couch to lay down. Normally around this time of day now, I'd take a nap. These pain pills were crazy! At least I wasn't talking to pillows or teddy bears again...

I woke up holding, Herold, he's the stuffed duck Jimmy got me for my birthday, if you're wondering. I smiled, knowing Papa most likely brought him down to me. I looked up and suddenly saw Aaron sitting there. "Hey, how long have you been there?" I asked, slowly sitting up.

"Just a few minutes," he said, shrugging. Something about him didn't seem right. But, before I could question it, Frank and the others came in. Always perfect timing, Frank.

"Hey, Kels! We brought Chinese," Gerard said, holding the bag up.

"Cool, I'll eat in a little bit."

We started a conversation that led to the topic of college. "Well, I'm going to start off with on line classes so I can go on tour with the guys. After that, I don't really know what I'll do. I haven’t really thought about it, so I'm not too sure," I said, shrugging.

"What about you, Aaron?" Mikey asked.

It looked like he tensed up, but then quickly shook it off. "Um, I got my letter telling me I was excepted to San Diego," he said in quiet voice.

"That's great!" I said, smiling. He just returned it with a small smile. Alright, something was wrong, and I wasn't liking this. "Can I talk to you in the other room for a minute, Aaron?" I asked, standing up. Frank went to hand me my crutches, but I walked away without them. I was being stubborn right now, and they would just slow me down. "What's wrong?" I asked as soon as we were out of the room.

"Nothing, Kels," he said softly.

"Bullshit, Aaron... Tell me, please," I said in a softer voice, but still stern.

"I... I don't want you to get mad at me... Or hate me." My stomach started twisting into knots.

"What do you mean?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "I came to tell you... I don't know if this is going to work."

I stood there, not knowing what to say. "What do you mean? You don't know if what will work?"

"Come on, Kels. I'm going to be in San Diego and you're going to be on tour! We'll be thousands of miles apart for God knows how long!"

"But I'll be two hours away when I come back, Aaron! Dad and the guys have gotten through being away from the girls when they tour! What's the big deal? Why are you suddenly bringing this up?"

He started backing up, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, Kels. I can't do it... Maybe we'll find each other again. But... For right now, I think it's best if we end it before either of us have a chance to get hurt," he whispered, before walking away.

I stood there for the longest time, staring after him. This couldn't be happening. Everything was going perfect... Wasn't it?

"Kels... Baby, are you ok?" I heard Papa ask, coming up behind me. He gently turned me to face him. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked frantically, brushing the tears from my cheeks. I didn't even know I started crying.

I shook my head slowly, before walking back to the living room. I sat on the couch and just stared... I stared at nothing, but my mind was thinking. I was numb again.

*Brian's P.O.V.*

"Guys! We're back!" I called, walking through the front door.

"Brian." Papa walked up to me with a sad look in his eyes.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"I think something happened between Aaron and Kelsi," he said softly.

My fists clenched. The first thing that ran through my mind, was that I would kill him. I walked into the living room to see Kelsi sitting on the couch, holding Herlod to her chest. Pinkly was sitting in her lap as she lay her head on Michelle's shoulder. She was just staring off into space.

"She's been like that for the past couple of hours," Mikey said quietly.

"The damn dog won't let anyone but the girls go near here, either," Frank warned, sending a small glare to Pinkly.

I sat on the coffee table in front of her, trying to get her to look at me. "Kelsi? Baby, are you ok?" That seemed to snap her out of her trance. She tried to keep a blank face, but her eyes held everything.

"He promised, Daddy... He promised." My heart broke. I didn't want to see my little girl like this. Michelle moved over and I took her spot. I held her in my arms, as she kept staring.

From this day on, I vow to never let any boy near her like that again. It just made her vulnerable and hurt. I was going to make Aaron feel the same way, and I knew the guys wouldn't object in helping. There's plenty of land from here to New Jersey to spread his body.
♠ ♠ ♠
*hides behind something* Don't kill me! You know it had to be done! Everything was just so happy and butterflies.

Thank you to everyone who comments! :) They make me happy

So? Anyone hate Aaron?

Also, if you don't mind listening to country, go listen to Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You - by Kellie Pickler. It pretty much sums up how Kelsi's feeling and it's a good song too!