Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 38

I sat there as Bam continued to skate. I remembered when Jeff tried teaching me. It wasn't such a good idea to say the least.

"You skate?" I looked up to see Bam standing in front of me. I shook my head no. "Have you tried?" I hesitated, but then nodded slowly. "Well, why don't you try again?"

Why was he even talking to me?!

"If you try it, I might leave you alone," he said, smirking. I sighed and stood up. What the hell? I have nothing better to do. So why don't we entertain him a little. "You know the basics?" I nodded and took his board. He stood in shock from how I willingly took the board and just went.

I was slowly skating around aimlessly, trying to keep from hurting my knee. "Kels?! What're you doing?!" I heard Dad's voice. I looked over to him and gave him a questioning look. I was just on a skateboard. What's the bid deal?

"Kels! Watch-" Before they could finish, I collided with something... Hard.

I just lay on the ground, laughing. Yes, laughing. Don't judge! "Are you ok?" Bam asked, helping me up.

"Yeah," I said, brushing myself off. "And that's why I don't skate," I said, handing him his board back. I turned to see everyone looking at me with shocked expressions. That's when I noticed... Bam got me to talk without pestering me! I just felt at ease around him. I looked back at him, and he was just standing there, with a cocky grin.

"How the fuck did you do that?" Zacky asked. Bam just shrugged.

"Maybe because he doesn't keep trying to get me to talk," I grumbled, sticking my hands in my sweatshirt pockets and glaring at the ground.

"Um... Hey, guys. It's time for sound check," One of the roadies said, walking over.

"I'll be on the bus," I mumbled, starting to walk away. I got a few steps away, before someone turned me around and pulled me into their arms.

"Please keep talking. I love your voice... I'll kidnap Herold if you don't," Jimmy said, rubbing my back.

I laughed quietly and hugged him back. "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh... I would."

"Go play your show," I laughed, shoving him playfully.

"It's just sound check, Sweetie!" He laughed, walking away.

I turned and saw how far the bus was and groaned. "Hey, Coby," I said, smiling innocently.

"Oh no, little girl. I’m not going to be part of you being a hermit crab," he said, crossing his arms.

I sighed heavily, shaking my head. "I'm not being a hermit."

"Then what do you call staying locked up and away from everybody all the time?"

I looked at him, before turning and walking away. I would limp all the way if I had to. "Hey, Kelsi! Wait up!" I didn't know who it was and didn't care. I was tired of people thinking I was depressed and just wanted to be away from the idiots. I just liked my space! How hard was that to understand? "Wow, you can walk fast for someone who just had surgery on her knee." I turned my head slightly to see Alex Gaskarth from All Time Low. "So, where you goin' in such a rush?"

"The bus."

"I have a better idea. Why don't you come hang out with some of us? We're all going to get to know each other with everyone we don’t know, since we'll be spending a lot of time together."

"I don't know..."

"Oh, come one. I think Coby and Bam will be there."

"I'm not getting out of this, am I?"

He smiled and shook his head. "Nope."

"Fine," I said, glaring at him. "But you're carrying me." I didn't actually think he'd do it!
♠ ♠ ♠
:) So many comments! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Ok back on topic. I see we have some Bam lovers out there, hmmm? Maybe I'll start a Bam story? What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure I didn't learn anything in math today because I was too busy writing this for you guys. That's how much I love you all :)