Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 43

That night, I met Alex on the side of his stage. When they were done, he walked off, gawking at me. That was a confidence boost... "What are you wearing? Your dad's going to flip," he said, looking me over.

"I don't care. It‘s nothing bad," I said, rolling my eyes. I was in a denim skirt that was at least to mid-thigh, a black tank and simple black heels. Out of the ordinary? No. I was going to show my father that he wasn‘t going to be able to get to me. I also had to reassure myself about that one, too… "So, everyone's going out to party tonight. Feel like going with me?" I asked, smiling.

Hey, it was time to move on. I couldn’t be stuck over some stupid, high school boy for any longer. I was turning over a new leaf. Well, at least trying to.

"Like, a date?" He asked, smiling slyly.

"Sorry, Hun. You're not that good. You'll have to prove your worth it first," I said, turning and walking away.

"Oh, I'll prove it alright," he said, putting his arm around my waist.

We were at some random club that a bunch of us came to. I wasn't of legal drinking age yet, so Alex was buying me drinks.

I was getting a lot of stares from different guys, and I could honestly say, I didn't mind. I was constantly out on the dance floor and Alex was usually with me, unless he was getting us drinks.

"Kels? Is that you?" Gerard asked, looking at me confused.

“Hey, Gee,” I said, smiling.

“What’re you drinking?” He asked, frowning at the cup.

“Please don’t start on me, too,” I sighed, looking away from him. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go back to having a good time.” I left Gerard and went back to dancing with Alex. It felt good to just let loose and have fun, not caring about anything else.

I deserved that much, right?

"Sorry, but we need to interrupt." I turned to see Coby and Gerard.

"God! Can't you people let me have any fun?!" I was starting to get annoyed.

"Is this really how you want to spend your free time now, Kels?!" Gerard yelled over the music.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I shot back.

“You’re going to randomly turn into an alcoholic because of something your dad said earlier?” What was so wrong with drinking?

“Just because I have a few drinks, does not mean that I’m going to become an alcoholic.”

“This just isn’t like you, Kels,” Coby said, frowning.

“I know it’s not, and I’m fine with that. I don’t want to be the old Kels anymore. I want to start having fun.”

This went on for another month. I would party every night, wake up with a hang over, and do it all over again. I know I had told myself I was never going to be like this, but for some reason, it just felt so… Good.

Alex was my new 'fling', or whatever you want to call it. I told him I didn't believe in boyfriends anymore, and he said he was determined to change that. We’ll see.

Everyone asked me why I all of a sudden chose to lead this life style. My only response was 'It was fun'. But, in all reality, it just gave me an excuse to hide. Hide from my dad, hide from my past, hide from my insecurities. Of course I wouldn't admit to that though.

I was currently at another club, dancing with some random guy. That was, until I was pulled away and dragged outside. "What the hell?! Let go of me!"

"No! I'm not going to stand by and watch you ruin your life anymore!" Coby yelled.

"Then don't watch! Look away! It‘s not like my life is suddenly spinning down the drain!"

He stared at me, long and hard. "No, Kelsandra. This is going to stop here and now."

"Like hell it will," I said, crossing my arms. He shook his head, before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

He sat me on his bed in his hotel room, before walking into the bathroom. He came back with a mirror and a wash clothe. "Tell me what you see," he said, handing me the mirror. I looked at the mirror and... I didn't see myself. I didn't recognize this girl. "Here." He handed me the washcloth and I wiped all of the make up off. "Now, look again. Who do you see?" I still didn't know who I was looking at. I sighed, laying the mirror on the bed. "Talk to me, Kels," he said softly, sitting on the bed next to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I guess... I'm just confused."

"About what?"

"Everything..." I stood up and walked out onto the balcony that the hotel room had. I sat on one of the chairs and looked out to the city.

What had gotten into me? Was what Coby did enough to snap me out of it? Could I snap out of it?
♠ ♠ ♠
... I don't even know what to say anymore? comment? thanks!