Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 48

I looked around and saw that I was back in a familiar place that I'd been before. "I would say that I'm happy to see you again, but not under these conditions," I heard his voice and turned around.

"Jeff?" I asked, tears pulling in the back of my eyes. He looked better than ever. He was glowing almost.

He nodded. "It's me."

"Where's Steven?" I asked confused.

"He's around. I asked if I could talk to you alone first." His face turned serious. "You need to be careful, Kels. This wasn't a random person who did this to you. And don't ask me, because I can't tell you. Just promise me that you'll be careful."

"I'll try my best."

He nodded and kissed my forehead. "That's all I can ask for. Now, I know there's someone that's anxious to see you." He turned and I saw Steven. I ran over and gave him a hug.

"Hey, Little Sis," he said, laughing softly.

"Why do I always end up here when something happens?" I asked confused.

"Because this is your happy place that you dream of to get away from everything. You dream about it all the time. But, you just let your nightmares get in the way," he explained.

"I see... So, how much time do I have? Or am I even going back?"

"That's totally up to you. Though, I'm almost positive I already know what your decision is," Steve said, smiling.

*Jimmy's P.O.V.*

"If I ever get my hands on that bastard... Oh, he will die a long and painful death," Coby said, pacing up and down the waiting room.

"Cob's, sit down man. You're making me nervous just watching you," Pete said.

I looked over to Alex. He was just sitting there... Kels' blood still on his shirt, as he sat there, staring at the floor. I went over and sat next to him. "Alex, you can't blame yourself," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.

He looked up at me with bloodshot eyes. "I was standing right there... I was right in front of her." He chocked out, before breaking into sobs again. Hayley came over to comfort him as I went to check on Bam. He was the second worst to Alex.

"Have they said anything yet?" He asked anxiously.

"No, I'll tell you when I found out anything."

"Who the fucking hell would do that? What could Kelsi possibly have ever done to them to do that to her?"

"Sometimes, things just happen. We can't explain them, but they happen."

"Haner family," A doctor in a white lab coat called. The whole waiting room was filled up with all of us. So, he got pretty freaked out when we all stood up. The band and I walked over, standing behind Brian for support.

"I'm her father," he said.

"Right, your daughter is lucky to be alive, Mr. Haner. She has five wounds. Luckily we were able to stitch and bandage them up. From here out, it's all up to her."

"Can we see her?" Zacky asked.

The doctor looked at us skeptically before nodding. "Two at a time. I can tell you're all attached to this young lady."

We all followed him to her room... Literally. All of us. When we got there, they told Bri and I to go in first.

My heart broke as I saw her laying on the bed. She was so pale and fragile, again. The shot wounds were in her back, so she didn't look any different in that category.

I took her hand in mine and kissed her forehead. "Come on, Munchkin. I know you can pull out of this. You're strong enough. Fight back." And I did believe she could pull out of this. She'd proved how strong she was before this. This was nothing compared to the rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, be honest, who thinks she's dead?
I love freaking you guys out :) lol