Status: I love you all!

Faith Maria Winter

The Trap

I fell asleep easily, more easily then I would’ve liked. I woke up to Logan pulling me from the coffin by my neck.

“Get dressed,” he ordered, pointing at the door. I stood in the room, not wanting to move. He glared at me, grabbing my neck again and pushing me out the door, “I said-”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. Despite the pain he gave me, I tried to hug him. His hand lowered from my neck, allowing me to get close to him, “Seeing Blake caught me off guard, that’s all. I never would’ve left you...I…”

“So you’ve learnt your lesson in one night?” Logan asked me, running his fingers through my brown hair.

“There was nothing for you to teach me,” I smiled, gazing into his eyes. So like Blake’s, yet not the same. Blake’s eyes were always filled with sorrow, while Logan’s were filled with pride and an evil that I found very attractive. I leaned towards him, kissing him lightly. I waited until I knew I was in love to kiss someone. In the end, I ended up waiting for the first 16 years of my young life before finding the person I wanted to kiss.

Logan backed away.

“That was unexpected,” he told me, grinning lightly, “You’ve never kissed me,”

“I want to kiss you,” I told him, stepping towards him.

“Do you?”

“Yes, why wouldn’t I?”

“Because I’ve abused you for the past hours,”

I stopped, a terrible pain shot through my heart. I stared at Logan, feeling my heart explode. He was still smiling, as if this was a joke. As if abusing me was a joke. My eyes narrowed and a turned around, stomping up the stairs. I heard him following me, I felt his smile. This didn’t make any sense to me. Before Blake showed up, he was charming, and now he was cruel, even to me. I apologized to him; I showed him that I loved him. I did anything I could to please him, why was he treating me this way?

A new servant waited for me in the bedroom. She had blond hair despite her dark skin. Her face had deep cuts in it, and her eyes were deep and tired. At first I was confused, wondering where the pleasant little girl from yesterday was. Then I remembered that I had Logan kill her…

“‘Evening, Miss,” the girl bowed, “What shall you be wearing tonight?” She didn’t look at me; she looked behind me when she asked. I turned and saw that she was asking Logan, like his opinion was more important than mine.

“I think…” Logan walked over to the closet, taking out a pink dress that barely covered my knees. It had short ruffled sleeves and pearl embroidery on the front. It was...so inappropriate for any formal occasion.

“Logan, what are we doing tonight?” I asked him as the girl brought the dress to me.

“You’ll see,” he grinned, leaning against the door frame. Both the servant and I stared at him, waiting for him to leave. He didn’t appear to be moving anytime soon, so the girl walked over to me and started to try to take my night gown off. I pushed her away, glaring at Logan.

“Do you mind?” I asked with razors in my voice.

“I thought you loved me. This should be no big deal to you, my sweet,”

My heart took another punch, and I turned around. The girl helped me out of my dress and helped me into the pink one. It took about three minutes, because there wasn’t much to do with the small dress Logan wanted me to wear. I heard him chuckling when I was changing, and shot him a dirty look. I looked around for the shoes to go with my dress, but there were none. Also, Logan told me to keep my hair down.

“Why on earth would I keep my hair down? Where are my shoes?” I demanded, following him down the hall.

“Tonight, we won’t be seen by humans,” he told me, “You said you loved me, well, I’m putting your love to the test,”

My face got paler than it already was. I was frightened as to what he was planning...though I had an idea, and I didn’t like it. There was no carriage waiting for us, Logan took my hand and we ran as fast as our vampire legs could take us. Since Logan was basically pulling me, I ran faster than I ever had before, and it was thrilling. I would’ve enjoyed it more if there wasn’t something terrible awaiting me when the run ended.

Logan pulled me into a cemetery. Actually, it was the cemetery where he had found me, where Blake had lost me.

I gulped. It was where we first met.

“Logan…” I pulled my hand away from him and took a step back, “Maybe we…”

“You love me, right?” he asked me, reaching into coat, “I want you to prove it to me,” He took out a rather large dagger and handed it to me. I took it, trying to understand what he was doing.

“What am I to do with this?” I asked him.

“You’re going to kill Blake for me,”

“What!” I dropped the dagger and backed up. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open.

“Faith,” Logan started, taking me in his arms, “I love you too, but we can’t live peacefully if he’s still alive. He’s our enemy,”

“Our enemy?” Blake had never given me a reason to hate him.

“Yes,” Logan’s voice was soft and comforting, “Lovers share everything, right? We share our hatred. I hate Blake; therefore, if you love me, you should too,”

I thought about it. I guess that made sense. He made Logan mad; Blake shouldn’t be allowed to live.

“Okay,” I told him, stepping out of his arms, “I’ll kill Blake,” Logan looked pleased. He took my face in his cold hands and kissed me lightly, before running into the trees to hide. I might not have been able to smell or see him, but I knew he was somewhere near me. He wanted to see Blake die...and he wanted to make sure I did as I was told.

I hid the dagger under my small dress in my under garments. I really wished that Logan had given me more clothes, and then it dawned on me. Blake seeing me this way, he’d never suspect I wanted to hurt him. He’d think I wanted to…

I leaned against a tombstone, getting ready for a long wait ahead of me. I was surprised to see Blake, Marcus and Isaac come through the trees only ten minutes later. I expected that they’d have stayed out all night, dining on plenty of young girls.

“Faith?” Blake was the only one who seemed glad to see me. Marcus and Isaac were glaring at me, looking me up and down, “Why are you here?”

I took a deep breath and stood up straight, walking over to him. Marcus and Isaac took a few steps, to block Blake from me. Blake didn’t say anything to stop them.

“He asked you a question,” Marcus sounded colder than usual.

“I heard him,” my voice was equally cold, “I had planned on telling him, I just didn’t want that large gap between us,” I put my hands on my hips, “Do you plan on letting me near him?”

“No,”

“Too bad,” I took a step forward, Marcus took a fighting stance, but he wasn’t actually expecting me to do anything. I gave him a tiny smile, before delivering a powerful kick to his chest, sending him flying back. Isaac sprang into action, arms in front of him, ready to grab me. I ducked down a bit and grabbed his hands. I fell onto my back and pressed a foot against his chest, flipping him over me. He landed behind my head, and didn’t jump up. Both he and Marcus were too shocked to move. I walked to Blake, who still didn’t move, “Blake…”

“Faith, what on earth?” he demanded, looking at his wounded friends, “When did you learn you fight like that?”

“I never really learned anything,” I told him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders, “It just came naturally,”

“That’s because you were turned by Logan,” Blake spat, “Anybody who’s ever been turned into a vampire by Logan always ends up being a fierce killer. They thirst for blood more than other vampires, they crave fights more than other vampires...fighting comes second nature to them,”

“What’s wrong with that?” I asked. I noticed that Isaac was standing right behind me. I felt his stare; it sent a shiver up my spine.

“After a while, you become a true monster,” Blake told me, keeping his hands at his side. His eyes never met mine; he kept looking at Isaac, “Isaac was bitten by Logan,”

Shocked, my arms dropped from Blake’s shoulders and I spun around. Isaac nodded once. I followed his eyes as he looked down at me. His stare was directed at the top of my legs. At first, I was disgusted, and then I thought of where I was keeping the dagger. My eyes widened slightly. He looked back up, and stared into my eyes, a small smile flashed onto his face. His eyes were like mine, black. I’d never noticed before.

“Do...all of Logan’s victims have black eyes?” I asked. Isaac didn’t say anything, he kept staring at me, I turned to look at Blake.

He shook his head, “Only the worst ones,”

“What do you mean? ‘Worst ones’? Isaac and I...we’re…” the realization hit me in the chest like a boulder, “We’re the biggest monsters?”

“That’s why Marcus hasn’t stood up yet, Faith. That little kick knocked him out. Isaac was even shocked by the attack; it threw him off his guard and you ended up flipping him. I don’t know what’s happened in your life, Faith, but it’s left you with enough hatred that it, mixed with Logan’s venom, has made you a true killer,”

“Why didn’t you tell me this yesterday?” I asked him, looking over my shoulder at Isaac, he was taking small steps toward me, “I think I deserve to know if I’m going to be evil,”

“Didn’t Logan tell you?” Isaac asked me. Hearing his voice made me jump. It was so smooth, yet harsh. Just like Logan’s had sounded when I first met him, when he was going to kill me.

“Obviously not!” I turned around, “Oh!” Isaac was right in my face. I wanted to take a step back, but Blake was in my way, “Get away from me,”

“Why? Are you frightened?” Isaac asked me, his grin grew.

“Never. I just don’t like people this close to me,”

“What about Blake and Logan?”

“They’re different,”

“How?”

I just glared at him. Isaac laughed quietly and grabbed my waist. He threw me aside. Before I could get up, he was on top of me, pinning me down.

“Get off me!”

“Forgive me,” he said, reaching up my dress.