Long Way to Go

Can't Tell The Difference Between This And That

=Mikey’s POV=

“I thought your mom was going to chew my head off at one point.”

She does that—it doesn’t take much, all someone has to do is remotely cause Gee or me pain and she’s on them.

“Yeah, what’d she say to you?”

He gave me a smirk; “That she wouldn’t want to see you with anyone else.”

I was puzzled; “Anyone else?”

He smiled; “Yeah, anyone other than me.”

I pressed my lips to his once more and laid him down. I straddled his waist just content in kissing him. His hands on my hips, my own in his hair—I was happy. I pulled away and lay down next to him. He put his head on my chest as I played with his hair. Our free hands intertwined with the other.

“Mikes?”

“Yeah?”

“What, what is this? What are we doing?”

That was a good question. He just left me behind, no goodbye, didn’t contact me while he was gone—just disappeared. He’s back and it’s apparent I’m still very much in love with him—even more so now that I’m getting to know the person he’s become.

“Well, what do you want it to be?”

I’d love to give us a shot—more than just best friends. We’d still be best friends, but we’d also be so much more. I know there’s still parts of the old Frankie in this new one, and Ma’s right, I need to take him as he is—not who he used to be.

“I, I think I’d like to try having you as my boyfriend.”

I smiled; “I think I’d like that too.”

We moved closer—if that was even possible—and just held each other as we drifted off to sleep. I could hear and feel his breathing evening out—my own not far behind his. He was back—he was here—he was home.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the delay...hope you enjoy this...i'm not sure if i should just end it here since i really don't know where to take it....or i could write another story with the background to this one...i don't know...so if you're still reading this, could you let me know if you think i should keep going or start something like a 'prequel' to this one? HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! =]