‹ Prequel: Raped, and Pregnant?

17 and Pregnant.

Mrs. Claris

I loudly knocked on Mrs. Claris' door, being asked to come inside. I slowly opened it, still slightly scared, and pulled Max inside with me.

"What can I do for you, Max?", she asked, venom dripping off her voice.

"Uhm, well it's actually more about me, Mrs.", I answered embarrassed.

"Oh, please take a seat, then."

Something told me, she didn’t like Max very much. Maybe bringing him wasn’t the best idea.

"I need to talk to you about something.", I stated matter-of-factly.

"Get started right away.", Mrs. Claris smiled at me. Maybe she wasn’t even that bad, maybe Jen was right.

"Well, you see I'm kind of pregnant and I'll not be able to make it to school during the last month of the pregnancy, which you probably understand. So, I just wanted you to know that, and if I need to do something to not drop out, please tell me." Should I have told her who the father is?

"Oh, I didn’t see that coming. It's not a problem, though. Your parents just have to sign this, so I can be sure someone's looking after you. May I ask who the father is?" I knew she was going to ask that, but wasn’t it kinda obvious? Why else would I have taken Max with me?

"First of all, I don’t have parents. My mother's in a coma, and my Dad, well, he abandoned me and moved away. I'm currently living with Max. So would it be possible, if his mother just signed this? And for the father, it's him, like you may have noticed."

Now, my parents would've come in handy, though, of course, they were gone when I needed them. My luck.

"I think there'll be no other way, than letting her sign this. She'd be the one taking care of you anyways, wouldn’t she?", Mrs. Claris smiled at me and Max. I might have changed her mind about my boyfriend. Maybe him getting a baby, having responsibility for something like this, made her think of him as someone else, than the guy who didn’t care about school in the slightest, who never stuck to any of the rules.

When I first met Max, I thought of him as one of those guys too. I didn’t even want to talk to him in the beginning, seen as he was the complete opposite of me. Though after some time I just found him cute, the way he looked, the way he acted. I had never even talked to the guy, though I already crushed on him.

I wasn’t the one talking to him, though. We were assigned partners in English, where we were supposed to write this poem together. It didn’t work out at all. We were both good at writing poems, just that we wrote absolutely different kinds of them. He tried to talk me into writing something about murder or something aggressive, whilst I wanted to write a poem about love.

Nothing worked out, during the two weeks we had to get this poem done. Obviously both of us got an F on it, since we didn’t even hand in anything. The only thing we managed to do the whole time was fighting. We weren't even capable of just talking properly. Everything I said ended up in an argument, so did everything he said.

Though I still crushed on him. Something about me liked his personality, the way he was always so negative. However, I never told him about this, until we were both at Jen's party, drunk as fuck. Drunken words are sober thoughts, remember?! It was true. I was wasted, though I talked to him about how cute he was and stuff.

Max didn’t respond then, he only kissed me on the cheek, leaving me on the middle of the dance floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :D