‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Already Fallen

" I've already fallen for her, I wish upon a star, I only have one wish, shooting star hear me, I've already fallen baby, and there's no turning back I've already fallen." - Tony Oller

Brad was surprised to see Melody walk in the door still in the clothes she wore the day before. It was obvious she had stayed somewhere else last night. She didn't say anything to him when she passed by him on her way to her room.

He walked in after her and stood by the door. She glanced at him while she rummaged through her closet in search of something new to wear.

"Where were you last night?" Brad asked trying to sound uninterested.

"I fell asleep at Nick's." Melody answered. She decided to wear a black v-neck and a pair of faded ripped jeans with her converse.

"You fell asleep there?" Brad asked confused.

"That's what I said."

Melody shut her closet door and turned around. She gave a pointed look at Brad. He left the room for a second he still wanted to talk to Melody about Nick.

"What are you doing?" Kelsey asked her brother.

"Waiting for Melody."

Kelsey walked away from Brad leaving him waiting outside of Melody's room. Finally the door opened and Brad walked in. Melody sat down at her vanity to do her hair and make up.

"So what did you and Nick yesterday? You were gone all day." Brad asked. He sat down on the edge of Melody's bed behind where she was getting ready.

"We went to the beach. Then to Nick's for dinner." Melody answered. "And we were watching a movie when we fell asleep."

"Oh." Brad said sadly. He didn't like Melody hanging around someone else. "Are you hanging out with him again today?"

"Yeah. He's going to be here soon."

Brad sighed then left the room. Melody watched him leave confused by his behavior. She didn't want to think about Brad's mood swings right now, it was too tiring. She finished applying mascara and eye liner then focused on her hair. After brushing all the knots she straightened it and let her bangs do whatever. She picked up her purse then walked out of her room and to the kitchen.

"You look nice." Kelsey commented. "Got a hot date?"

"No. Nick and I are-"

"Banging each other senseless?" Kelsey interrupted Melody.

Melody blushed making her look even more stunning. "No we are not."

"Sure." Kelsey said rolling her eyes.

"What I was going to say," Melody said ignoring Kelsey's inappropriate mumblings. "We are going to finish the rest of the album today."

"Right. Interesting fore play." Kelsey mused. "Sounds kinda kinky."

"Oh shut up." Melody said embarrassed.
A knock at the door distracted Kelsey from whatever she was about to say. Melody quickly answered the door.

"Hey." Nick greeted when Melody opened the door.

"Hey." She said. She looked over her shoulder at Kelsey. "Bye."

"Later. Have fun, but not too much fun."

Melody pushed Nick to the elevator down to the lobby. Nick looked at Melody amused.

"In a hurry to leave?"

"Yeah Kelsey was being Kelsey." Melody tried to explain.

"Ahh I see." Nick said with a chuckle.

Melody leaned against the wall of the elevator and closed her eyes. Then suddenly the elevator began to shake and then the lights went out and it stopped moving completely. Melody looked at Nick hoping he knew what to do. He opened the emergency phone door and tried it.

"Nothing." He said with a sigh.

Melody looked through her purse in search of her phone. "I can't find my phone!" She said exasperated.

"Don't bother looking for it. There's no signal." Nick said fiddling with his phone. He was lying there was a signal but he decided to put his plan into action and this was the perfect opportunity.

"Great." Melody said a panic attack was starting to form inside of her. "Just great."

Nick saw Melody struggle to breathe. "Melody, just take a deep breathe." This was not part of the plan.

Melody tried but it wouldn't work. Nick sat her down on the ground and then sat next to her. He stated to breathe with her trying to calm her down. Melody finally began to breathe slower as she calmed down.

"You OK now?" Nick asked concerned.

"Yeah, thanks." Melody said smiling at Nick.

"Your welcome." He said relieved she was OK now. "Well it looks like we'll be here awhile."

"Looks like it."

Nick leaned back, his head resting against the wall behind him. He closed his eyes and tried to think of what to do.

"Some one will notice the elevator soon right?" Melody asked, her voice sounded small from the fear of being stuck in an elevator.

"Hopefully." Nick said unsure. "In the mean time what would you like to do?"

"Keep my mind off of the elevator malfunction."

Nick sat up sat up straighter and turned his whole body towards Melody. "Alright, what's your favorite color?"

Melody glanced at Nick confused. "Blue."

"Mine too!" Nick said smiling. "What's your favorite instrument?"

"Piano." Melody said starting to catch onto what Nick was doing. "What about you?"

"Piano, defiantly." Nick replied. "Favorite food?"

"Pizza." Melody answered quickly.

"Mines a nice steak." Nick said rubbing his stomach imaging the steak.

"Nice." Melody said. "Favorite song?"

"That's an unfair question!" Nick exclaimed.

"How so?"

"I don't have a favorite song. I have many." Nick explained.

"Alright. Tell me the first song you think of."

Nick looked at Melody and made split decision. "I Want You Back."

"The Jackson 5 song?" Melody asked slightly confused.

"Yeah." Nick said with a nervous laugh.

"Why that song?"

"Because it reminds me of," Nick paused judging what to say. "Of you."

"Me?" Melody asked torn between surprise and confusion.

"Yeah. I wish we could go back to the way we were before the whole Kay situation." Nick said quietly. "I mean we pretty much are but it’s different."

"Yeah it’s fucking different." Melody said the memory of catching Nick kissing her best friend came back to her.

"You’re mad." Nick stated. He regretted bring all of this up.

"Hell yeah I'm mad. You kissed my best friend when we were together.” Melody said her eyes narrowing at Nick.

"I didn't kiss her she kissed me." Nick said annoyed. "How can you not know that? And technically we were not a couple."

"I don't want to talk about this." Melody said looking away from Nick.

Nick sighed and counted to ten before speaking again. "I'm sorry about what happened in New York."

"Fine. Whatever let's not talk about this." Melody said. She really did not want to be reminded of what happened in the past.

Nick sighed frustrated with Melody for still being mad about New York. He really didn't kiss Kay she kissed him but Melody didn't understand that.

"I'm sorry I got upset." Melody reluctantly said.

"It’s all good." Nick said smiling reassuringly.

Melody looked into Nick's brown eyes and wanted nothing more then to kiss him; it seemed Nick had the same thought about Melody. Nick leaned forward, Melody stayed where she was letting Nick go the whole way. Just as they were about to kiss the lights flickered on and the elevator began to move again.

"Really?" Nick exclaimed.

Melody just laughed and stood up from the elevator floor. She held her hand out to help Nick up. He stood in front of her and smiled warmly at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! Hope you like this very filler-y chapter!

The song I used for this one is a new Tony Oller song you should defiantly check it out!