‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Sunsets And Car Crashes

"I see a sense of wonder deep inside your eyes, As we're sparkling and twirling in the twilight, And after three long years, I think that we both need this, So we seal the deal in the parking lot with a kiss, And in case you, And in case you were wondering, you are like a sunset to me, You're all kinds of beautiful as you end my day, And you sweetly retire as stars chase you away" - The Spill Canvas

Melody and Nick slept on the floor that night using each others body heat to keep warm which meant they had to stay close. Nick's arms were wrapped securely around Melody, whose head was rested peacefully on his chest. Her hands curled into a fist around some of his shirt too keep him close to her.

Had it not been for the sun seeping through the blinds Nick would have still been in dream land next to Melody. He starred up at the ceiling his fingers soothingly running through her hair.

"This is a way better way to wake up." Melody mumbled as she tried to blink away the sleep.

"What? You didn't like the way I woke you up before?" Nick asked quietly.

"Not really." Melody grumbled. "I like waking up on my own."

She sat up and looked down at Nick who was now beneath her. "Good morning."

Nick smiled, his perfect teeth shinning in the sun light. "Morning."

Nick moved Melody's hair behind one of her ears, his fingers lingering on her pale cheek. Melody closed her eyes enjoying the softness of Nick's skin against her own. When she opened her eyes again Nick was looking away from her to the clock on the wall.

"It’s almost noon." He commented quietly reluctant to ruin the moment.

"I should go." Melody replied just as quiet.

Melody sat up completely and rubbed her eyes. She re-did her hair in its pony tail before standing up. Nick was already standing trying to stretch the sleep out of his body. As he stretched his arms above his head his shirt rode up revealing the perfect abs beneath. Melody openly watched as Nick stretched and practically drooled when she glimpsed his abs.

"Like what you see?" Nick asked, as he brought his arms down, sending a wink at Melody.

"Maybe." Melody said looking down at the floor searching for her discarded shoes. "Have you seen my shoes?"

"At that end of the couch." Nick said pointing to the opposite end of the couch where Melody had been looking.

Melody picked up one shoe and slipped it on her foot then the other. "Thanks." She mumbled as she smoothed her clothes out.

Nick walked into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. "Care to stay for breakfast, or lunch?"

"No thanks I really gotta go." Melody said as she walked toward the door.

"Hey wait a second." Nick laughed. "You’re not going to say good bye?"

Melody stopped by the door and waited for Nick to approach her. "Good bye." She said putting her hand on the door knob.

"Not that kind of good bye." Nick said as he finally stood in front of Melody.

Nick placed his hands on the door on either side of Melody's head. His body was so close to Melody's body she could see each freckle on his cheeks.

"What kind of good bye?" She asked her voice low as she waited for what Nick would do.

In response Nick blanketed his lips over Melody's in a passionate kiss. Melody kissed Nick back moaning slightly when his tongue entered her mouth.

Nick pulled away first so he could lean his forehead against hers. "You sure you have to go?" He panted out.

Melody ran her hand up Nick's chest to his neck. She kissed him quickly then pushed him away.

"I gotta go." she smiled crookedly at Nick then opened the door. "Bye." She said with a final glance at Nick.

Nick watched her walk down the steps to her car and waited for her to turn the corner down the street and out of sight before he shut the door. He leaned against the door and took a deep breath.

"Damn." He said running a hand through his unruly curly hair.

*****

Melody smiled into her pillow the following morning as she recounted the dream she had about Nick and her in a very not so pure situation. Her eyes slowly opened to reveal her still dark room.

"Best dream ever." She said to herself as she rolled over to face the clock. "Damn it’s way too early to be up."

She crawled out of bed and stumbled to her window. Outside the sun was just raising the dark blue skies becoming lighter as the sun rose higher.

The sudden vibration of her phone on her bedside table made Melody jump into the air. She put a hand over her heart and laughed quietly to herself. She picked the phone up and flipped it open. There was one text from Nick unopened.

You up? the message read.

Melody sent a quick response then walked back to the window. Nick's return text came back in a flash.

Are you watching the sun rise?

Again Melody sent a quick text back. The next message came back quicker then the last.

Then we're watching it together

Melody smiled at the text and its cuteness.

<3 was her only reply back. It was all she needed to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a cute filler. This will probably be my last update until the middle of August, I'm going on vaction. But when I get back I will have a lot of updates.

you can follow me on twitter to keep track of how my writing is going.

Comments please!

: )