‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Nothing

“Come on Nick, look happy!”

“Shut up, Mike.” Nick said rolling his eyes. “You know I’ll be happier when we’re at the club.”

“Is Grace going to be there?” Mike asked.

“Probably, but I don’t care.” Nick replied. “I broke up with her; I’m not going out tonight to see her.”

“Yeah, Mike, he wants to forget the mystery women.” The man on Nick’s other side said with a laugh.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Drew.” Nick said his stomach turning at the thought of Melody.

“Whatever man, all I know is you are better off without her. When you were with her we never saw you!” Mike added. “Have a few drinks with us and you won’t even remember her name.”

Nick hoped he was right because for the last two weeks she was all he could think about. Kelsey had tried to call and explain things to him but it was no use Nick wouldn’t listen to her. His drinking had increased to almost more than before, in fact only the day before he had been drunk for a day straight, and tonight would be no different for him.
Not too long after they arrived at the club Nick was completely gone. His friends encouraged him to drink more as they all danced with as many women as they could get their hands on. He was able to laugh along with them until he saw a girl who looked like Melody. It was like he had seen a ghost, he stopped mid-laugh and stared at the girl across the room. She was talking with another girl and upon a closer look he realized it was not the girl he had hoped to see.

“What’s up?” Mike asked noticing Nick’s change in mood.

“Let’s get out of here, this place sucks.” Nick said drinking the last of his drink and walking towards the exit.

“Why’d we have to leave?” Drew asked irritated. “I was about to get a girls number!”

“Come on all those girls were fucking ugly.” Nick said laughing. “None of them compare to-.”

Nick stopped as her name was about to leave his lips. Mike and Drew exchanged looks of confusion.

“Compared to who?” Drew asked.

“Melody.” Nick said with a shaky laugh. “None of them were as beautiful as Melody.”

“Well I’m not looking for beautiful, just easy.” Drew said laughing. “Where are we going?”

Nick looked around him and saw a familiar building he remembered seeing while driving to Melody’s apartment. Drew and Mike kept walking beside Nick talking about the girls they had seen at the club. Nick took out his phone and scrolled down to the name that haunted him. He waited impatiently as the phone rang.

“Oh no, what are you doing?” Mike said noticing Nick with his phone. “You do not want to drunk call someone.”

Mike attempted to grab Nick’s phone, but due to his impaired state he missed and fell. Drew was laughing so hard he could barely breathe while Nick ignored his two friends.

“Hello?”

Nick’s heart stopped as he heard her voice. He glanced at his friends who were sitting on the ground laughing.

“Hi, Mel.” He finally said.

“Nick, what do you want?” Melody asked her tone harsh.

“I wanted to tell you, I love you. I’ve always loved you. When I told you I only said that to get you into bed with me I was lying to you. I would never do that to you. It killed me to see you hurt like that. It killed me even more when I saw you bloody and unconscious; I wanted to murder whoever did that to you. Melody, I love you.” Nick said his words slurring together as he tried to get all of his thoughts out.

In response to Nick’s words Melody hung up the phone, Leaving Nick to hear nothing. Nick looked at his friends who were watching him with looks of concern.

“I am not drunk enough to deal with this.” Nick said laughing.

He tried to play it off as if he wasn’t crushed by that phone call. They laughed with him and agreed to go to the nearest bar. Around the next corner they found what they were looking for. After deciding they were done at that bar they began their journey to the next bar. The streets they took were the same streets that lead to Melody’s house, realizing this Nick drunkenly smiled.

“I’m going to her house!” He exclaimed.

“Whose house?” Drew asked laughing at his friend.

“Melody’s!” Nick yelled with a wide smile.

“Nick, shut up.” Mike said rolling his eyes. “You’ll get us thrown in jail.”

“But I want to see Melody!” He said his voice still raised. “I know she can’t not talk to me if I go to her house!”

“She could call the cops.” Mike reasoned. “Let’s just go find somewhere to drink.”

“No, I want to see her.” Nick said his playfulness turning serious.

“Alright man, but if this turns out bad it’s your fault.” Mike said shrugging. “Lead the way.”

Nick began the short walk to Melody’s apartment. Nick kept telling himself if she saw him she would have to take him back. Drew and Mike were oblivious to their friends actual pain and thought this would be a funny thing to see.

“Will you guys stay down here?” Nick asked with a laugh. “I don’t want her to feel weird.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Drew said rolling his eyes. “Just don’t take too long I want to find a girl to bring back to my place.”

Nick stumbled up the stairs to Melody’s floor and found her door without any trouble. He knocked loudly trying not caring what time it was.

“Mel!” He called through the door.

He kept knocking and calling for Melody until finally the door swung open to reveal the girl he wanted to see. She wore a blue V-neck shirt and short black shorts; her hair was up in a messy bun on top of her head. She wore no make-up but she still looked beautiful to Nick.

“What are you doing here?” Melody asked angry.

“I needed to see you.” Nick said with a goofy smile.

“Are you drunk?” Melody asked narrowing her eyes at Nick.

“Maybe, but that’s not why I’m here. I needed to tell you how sorry I am for hurting you and-.” Nick began but was cut off Melody.

“Go away, Nick, I don’t want to hear it.” Melody said pushing the door shut. “If you don’t leave now I’ll call the police.”

“But Melody, I love you.”

Melody gave Nick one last look before shutting the door in his face. Nick was left in the silent hall with nothing to do but go to where his friends were waiting. The rest of the night Nick spent trying to forget Melody with anything he thought would help, but no amount of alcohol could keep her out of his thoughts. He took a girl home that night hoping a meaningless hook-up with some girl he didn’t know would take his mind off of her, and it did for a little while. When all of the fun was gone he was left with nothing but thoughts of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't add any lyrics at the beginning because this chapter was based off of the song "Nothing" by the Script. I'm not very good at writing about being drunk seeing as I have never been drunk so I hope I did a good job with that. well I hope you all liked this one! : )
comment!!!