‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Armortentia

“Such a beautiful irony, that we’re here together just you and me. Did angels make this place? This quiet little space just so I can see the magic reflect off our face as we’re singing. It’s hard to verbalize it oh my dear, but I’ve tried to make my feelings clear. Never thought that I would see you staring back at me, with the look of love, your eyes so emerald green as we’re singing.” – Let’s Lumos featuring. Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls

Nick stood next to his brother, his best friend, as he waited for his future sister-in-law to walk down the aisle. As soon as Nick saw Karen he didn’t recognize her, she looked gorgeous in her wedding dress. Nick glanced at his brother and saw the love in his eyes as he watched his soon to be wife walk towards him. It was easy for Nick to see how happy his brother truly was. It took a lot of energy to keep from looking out at the rows of people while Joe and Karen went through their wedding ceremony. He knew she was in the crowd, Kevin had warned him before they had to walk down the aisle with their respective bride’s maids. He also knew he wasn’t ready to talk to her; he needed to get through this night without wanting to relapse. He clapped along with everyone else as Joe and Karen shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

After the ceremony there pictures to be taken and it took longer than Nick had anticipated. For once Nick didn’t have to put on a happy face for pictures, he was genuinely happy. Although there was something missing that he couldn’t help but notice.

“Alright let’s get to the reception!” Joe exclaimed. “I wanna party!”

Nick laughed along with his family as they followed the happy newlyweds back into the building the reception was being held. Joe and Karen had planned a whole entrance that includes the whole wedding party walking in together one by one all being announced by the DJ with a personal message from the bride and groom about each person. Nick was the first to go out and he was nervous to hear what his brother and sister-in-law had to say about him.

“Everyone welcome the first best man, Nick Jonas.”

Nick walked in slowly to the front of the room to wait for the rest of the wedding party.

“Joe says, Nick is the best brother I could ever ask for. He is incredibly caring and if I ever needed him for anything he would be there. Even after a few years of downs we are still as close as ever. He is truly my best friend.” The DJ said reading a piece of paper. “And Karen says she is very happy to have Nick as a brother.”

Nick stood at the end of the line as the rest of the wedding party lined up, girls on one side boys on the other. Once again he kept his eyes from wondering and from finding the bright blue eyes. Finally the Joe and Karen walked in to a loud applause. Nick could now take his seat at his table and relaxed after a long day. He watched amused as everyone came up to Joe and Karen congratulating them.

The reception went on with Joe and Karen having their first dance and the arrival of everyone’s dinner. After dinner Joe and Karen cut their cake and shoved it in each other’s face. Nick was enjoying himself with his family, but chose not to go around and mingle with others. There was a chance of running into Melody and then there was the awkward talk with people he hadn’t seen in years. As the drinks were being drunk the party became a livelier place. It was at this time Nick knew he should leave. He couldn’t trust himself to not drink with the amount of alcohol being passed around.

“I’ll see you later.” Nick said walking up to his brother. “I better go now.”

“Alright, I understand, I love you bro.” Joe said hugging his brother tightly.

“I love you too. Tell Karen bye for me.” Nick said as he pulled away from his brother. “I don’t feel like saying goodbye to everyone, if they ask I went home.”

“Alright. Be safe.” Joe said as he watched his brother walk away.

Nick swiftly walked through the groups of people sending smiles and waves at people who called his name. It didn’t take long to make it outside, the fresh air felt well against Nick’s hot face. He walked to where his car was parked and noticed a familiar one parked next to it. He stopped and stared as a beautiful girl got out of the car. Her dark hair was curled and waved in the slight breeze that blew around the two. Her bright eyes caught Nick’s and they stayed there as she walked closer to him. Her light blue dress showed off every curve that Nick loved. He swallowed hard as she finally reached him.

“Hi, Nick.” She said quietly.

“Hello, Melody.” Nick replied. “How are you?”

“I should be asking you that.” Melody said a smile crossing her flawless face. “I’m fine. I was just about to leave.”

“Me too.” Nick whispered. “I think we need to talk.”

“Yeah I think so too.” Melody said just as quiet as Nick.

Melody tried to act like talking to Nick wasn’t making her body go crazy. All she wanted to do was kiss him and tell him she only wanted him. OF course she knew this wasn’t a good idea.

“Come with me to my place?” Nick asked nodding towards his car.

“What about my car?” Melody asked.

“We can get it later, or if you want you can follow me to my place.” Nick said with a shrug.

“I guess I can go with you.” Melody said not thinking about what would happen if their little talk turned out bad. All she wanted was time alone with Nick.

It was a peacefully quiet drive to Nick’s house. There wasn’t anything to say while in the car. Melody followed Nick up to his apartment. It wasn’t what Melody had imagined Nick’s apartment to look like. It was clean and everything had a place. It was perfectly decorated and looked as if he might have hired someone else to fill the place with furniture. Nick lead her into the living room where a nice looking couch sat in front of a large flat screen.

“This is a really nice place, Nick.” Melody said looking around the room.

“Thank you. My mom helped me decorate.” Nick said with a small smile. “Do you want anything to drink?”

“No thank you.” Melody said as she took a seat on the couch.

Nick sat on the other end his body turned away from Melody. It took all of his effort not to sit close to her but he had to keep a clear head. Melody watched as Nick looked at the black screen of the TV. The lights were low which mad Nick’s features look even more handsome.

“I don’t even know where to start.” Melody said quietly. “So much has happened.”

“I don’t want to talk about anything until I know if you are still with Brad.” Nick said glancing at Melody.

“I broke up with him. He wasn’t happy but for now he’s leaving me alone.” Melody said thinking back on the day she finally left Brad. “I don’t ever want to see him again.”

“Alright then I should tell you I ended things with Grace.”

“Why?” Melody asked confused.

“I thought I could work things out with you.” Nick admitted. “Did you get my letter?”

Melody sighed and took a piece of paper out of her purse. It looked as if it had been read many times with its frayed edges.

“I got it.” Melody answered setting the letter onto the table in front of them.

“I don’t want to have to go through everything that has happened.” Nick said picking up the letter and began ripping it up. “That’s not important. I just want to let you know I love you and I just want you to be happy and healthy, if that’s with me or someone else.”

Nick let the pieces of the letter drop form his hands and his eyes found Melody’s. There
were tears in her eyes as she looked at him. She slowly and cautiously wrapped her hand around Nick’s letting her smaller one warm his larger one.

“I’ve only ever wanted to be with you Nick.” Melody said the tears finally falling. “It’s always been you.”

Nick couldn’t find any words to say in response, he could only think of one thing. He lifted his hand to stop a tear from falling. The simple touch made the world stop and Nick leaned in. It was a soft and sweet kiss and they both wanted more.
Nick was the first to slide his tongue across Melody’s lips asking permission before going any farther. Melody hungrily kissed Nick back loving everything about kissing him. It had been so long since they had been intimate with each other they never wanted to stop. As the kissing heated up their thoughts of keeping things from going too far flew out the window. It didn’t take long for Nick’s hands to wonder to the back of Melody’s dress to unzip her dress. Like Nick Melody was working on taking off Nick’s clothes starting with his shirt and tie.

“Should we stop?” Nick asked his hands hesitating on the straps of Melody’s dress.

“I don’t want to.” Melody responded. “But if you do-“

Nick cut Melody off with a kiss.

“I don’t want to either.” Nick said letting the straps of Melody’s dress fall.

Melody pushed the straps off of her arms revealing her bare chest. Nick glanced at her half naked body for a split second before looking into her eyes. He took off his own shirt letting fall to the floor next to the couch. Melody’s eyes wondered over his toned chest before meeting his again.

“We should go to my room.” Nick whispered before kissing Melody again.

“Ok.” Melody whispered.

Melody was suddenly nervous about what was about to happen. No matter how many times Brad wanted to have sex with her she never gave in. She only hoped Nick had done the same with all the girls he had been with.

She stood up and let her dress fall to the floor leaving her only in her underwire. Nick took her hand in his and led her to the bedroom. Once the door was closed behind him they stood in front of each other looking into each other’s eyes. With one step Nick was right in front of Melody his arms wrapping around her as he kissed her passionately. Nick picked Melody up and set her down on his bed before gently pushing her back onto the bed. He took his pants off before joining Melody on the bed. Before long the rest of their clothing was gone.

“Are you ready?” Nick asked looking down at Melody.

“Yeah.” Melody said quietly.

“I love you.” Nick said as he lined himself up. “Just relax.”

“I love you too.” Melody replied kissing him quickly as he thrust into her.

Nick didn’t move as they both got adjusted to the new feeling. Nick looked down at Melody waiting for her to tell it was ok to move again. Melody moved against him, she wanted more as much as it hurt she knew it would get better.

Nick was glad to be able move again but his pace was slow. He didn’t want this too end to fast. The feeling of Melody and him joined together was driving him closer and closer and to finishing.

“Go faster.” Melody said breathlessly.

Hearing that almost sent Nick over the edge and he had to take a moment to keep himself together for a little while longer. His pace increased causing Melody to let go and finally enjoy what they were doing. With one final thrust into Melody they both came with loud moans of ecstasy. Nick pulled out quickly and lay back onto the bed.
“That was a lot better than I thought it would be.” Melody said her breathing heavy.

“Way better.” Nick agreed with a laugh. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well not the best thing I've written but I kind of like it. That was definatly a crappy sex scene but I really didn't want to write a really descriptive one. But they are back together!!! For now...I really haven't thought about what I'm going to do with the story yet. So there might be lots of fillers until I figrue everything out. Anyway I hope you guys liked! Now please comment!!!
: )