‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Keep It Real

"You dream about the day when the songs that you play are blasting through the speakers in your car, then it comes in a flash and you hear the crowd screaming out your name for the encore." - Jonas Brothers

Melody paced nervously backstage as she waited for her turn to show her talent to the massive audience that assembled. She had never played in front of this many people, ever. She knew Brad and Kelsey were in the crowd somewhere cheering her on.

"Miss, you're up next." The stage manager said motioning for Melody to follow him.

Melody followed the man, and tried her hardest to keep from running away. She stood by the stage watching the performer currently on there. The guy on stage sat in front of a mic with an acoustic guitar singing about his lost love in a thick southern accent. He ended the song with a long high note and a very dramatic bow.

"The announcer will announce you and then you go up there." The stage manager said as he left Melody's side.

Melody stared at the stage her nerves hitting a new high. She wasn't sure she could do this, not in front of hundreds of people. She thought about how all the Broadway Performers must feel when they step out on the stage the first time, she even thought about him. He told her how he was always nervous before a show but he never let that stop him from doing his best every concert. Her last thought right before her name was announced was her mother, and how proud she would be.

"Our next act is Melody Crenshaw!"
Melody took a deep breath and cleared her mind as fast as she could as she walked onto the stage. She sat at the piano sitting in the middle of the stage.

"Hello my name is Melody and the song I'm going to play is a song titled "Train Wreck". I hope you all like it."

Melody played the best she had ever played. Her heart raced as she let her heart slip into the song and give the song emotion. She thought about the boy that had inspired her to write this song; the same boy who inspired all of her songs lately. The person described in the song may not be him but the love described is about him. As the song ended Melody looked out at the crowd and saw people on their feet moving along to the song.

"Thank you." She said into the mic.

She stood and smiled and waved at the crowed as they applauded. She walked off the stage a huge smile on her face, performing was exhilarating. Performing was the high she needed to feel complete.

She went into the girls’ dressing room and gathered her belongings then walked into the main room. She found Brad and Kelsey waiting for her by the doors. They rushed over to her and gave her a hug.

"You were amazing!" Kelsey exclaimed.
"That was just wow!" Brad said in an agreement to Kelsey's statement.

"Thank you." Melody replied ready to cry.

"Excuse me."

The group let go of their embrace and looked at the man standing in front of them. He had dark hair that was shaggy and looked like he had just rolled out of bed. His shirt was in need of some serious ironing but his jeans looked expensive.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I'm in a hurry." He stepped forward and held his hand out to Melody. "I'm Greg Garbowsky."

Melody shook his hand and waited for him to explain why he was here.

"I'm looking for a new song writer to help my friend. He's in a, fairly, popular band and needs some help writing. Do you think you could help him?" Greg asked. "You’re an amazing song writer, I check out your stuff on line too and when I found out you were going to be performing I had to meet you."

"Thank you but I'll have to think about it." Melody said cautiously. She didn't know if this guy was for real.

"OK. Well hers my number give me a call if you decide you want to." Greg said handing Melody a piece of paper. "I hope I hear from you soon."

Greg nodded at Brad and Kelsey then walked away from the group. Melody read the piece of paper it just had the guys phone number and name.

"I've heard his name somewhere." Kelsey mumbled to herself as she watched him walk back into the show. "Where have I heard his name before?"

"Well now is not the time to discuss this. Let's go home and eat some food." Brad said throwing an arm around both Kelsey and Melody.

Kelsey shrugged Brad's arm off of her but Melody just moved closer to Brad. They walked to the car the three of them shared, and went home. On the drive home Brad and Kelsey relived their favorite parts of Melody's performance.

"You know what the best part was?" Melody asked.

"What?" They said in unison.

"Knowing you guys were in the audience."
Kelsey looked back at Melody in the review mirror. They smiled at each other both knowing they were best friends and nothing would change that. Brad tried to make his heart stop beating as fast as it was, but that was what Melody did to him.

"That was defiantly the best part." Kelsey agreed.

****

After a dinner of home made pizza and chocolate cake the trio sat in the living room. Kelsey held a book in her hands while she lounged on the love seat taking up the whole space. Brad had an arm around Melody as they sat on the couch in front of the TV and the remote in his hand as he flipped through channels. Melody dozed softly, her head resting on Brad's shoulder.

"You know she only thinks of you as a friend." Kelsey said to Brad looking at his arm around Melody.

"For now." Brad replied with a sly grin.

"Brad, she doesn't want to date and you know that." Kelsey said trying to reason with her brother.

"Maybe I can change her mind."

Kelsey shook her head and gave up on her brother, there was no use. He was infatuated with Melody and nothing was going to change that right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been a while, i've had a very hectic couple of weeks, But I hope this makes up for the wait? This chapter isn't the best thing i've written but it'll have to do.

Comment!!!!