‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

I Gotta Find You

"I think I finally found a better place to start but no one ever seems to understand." - Jonas Brothers

Nick sat alone in his room his once forgotten guitar in his lap. It had been months since he had picked up his guitar and just strummed the strings. He closed his eyes as he played old Jonas Brothers songs trying to remember why he loved playing. His hand slipped as he tried to play a cord of "6 Minutes." Frustrated he pushed the guitar off his lap making it land with a loud bang on the floor. He put his palms to his eyes and fell back onto the bed trying to hold back bottled up emotions.

"Hey Nick, Garbo's here." Joe called from the living room.

Nick sighed and tried to pull himself together. He picked up his guitar and placed it gently in its case, it wasn't the guitars fault he couldn't play anymore. He left his room and entered the kitchen where Joe and Garbo were talking.

"Hey." Nick mumbled as he walked over to the coffee maker and poured himself a cup.

"Nick, we have something we need to discuss with you." Garbo said slowly watching Joe's reaction.

"OK?" Nick asked as he leaned against the counter.

"We think you should start writing music again." Joe said cutting right to the point.

"Why?" Nick asked trying to hide his true feelings.

Truth was Nick had been writing music, but none of it was good enough for him to continue. He was lost, Melody had been what brought him back the last time this had happened, but this time it had been years since he had written anything.

"We think it would be good for you." Joe said showing how concerned he was for his little brother.

"I'm fine." Nick said taking a drink of his coffee. "Really."

"Please just do what I ask and if this doesn't help you I'll stop trying." Joe said desperately.

It couldn't hurt to try Joe's suggestion. If Nick was being honest with himself he hated how his life had turned out. Maybe this could change everything.

"OK." Nick said with a shrug. "What do you want me to do?"

Joe sighed happy his brother was finally coming around. This could really help him.

"Meet with a song writer." Garbo said.

"A song writer?"

"Yes. Maybe she could show you how to write again." Garbo continued.

"OK I already said I would."

****

Melody picked up her phone and dialed in the number the guy from last night gave her. After a few rings a gruff voice spoke.

"Hello? Garbo speaking."

"Hi. I'm trying to get a hold of a Greg Garbowsky." Melody said nervously.

"This is he."

"This is Melody. We met last night at the show."

"Oh hi! I'm glad you called." There was a pause where Melody could hear him talking to someone else. "Have you decided yet?"

"Um, yeah I have. I would love to set up a meeting and meet with you and the person I'd be writing with." Melody said looking up at Brad who was watching her from across the table.

"That would be great! How about tomorrow around twelve?"

"Yeah that works for me."

Greg gave Melody an address to his friend’s house where they would meet. She hung up the phone after they finished with the details of the next day and sighed.

"Are they paying you?" Brad asked.

"We're discussing that tomorrow." I replied. "Do you want to come with me?"

"Sure." Brad said trying to act cool about it.

Melody smiled slightly before standing from the table stifling a yawn.

"I'm going to go nap." She said walking towards her room.

She couldn't wait for the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short and probably poorly written. I'm trying to get to them meeting but I'm having some writers block. So if it's a while until the next chapter I'm sorry.