‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Near To You

"Pain like this shouldn't have to be experienced I'm still reeling from the loss, still a little bit delirious. Near to you I am healing but it's taking so long." - A Fine Frenzy

Melody looked through her closet trying to find an appropriate outfit for her meeting. She didn't know what she was supposed to wear when meeting a super star, well she didn't know exactly who this person was but she assumed they were really famous. Frustrated to the point where she wanted to give up she stalked out of her room and to Kelsey's room.

"Can you help me?" She asked Kelsey, who was texting on her phone.

"With what?" Kelsey asked not looking up from her phone.

"Picking out an outfit." Melody grumbled miserably.

"Sure." Kelsey said. She put her phone in her pocket and stood from her bed. "I think wearing my clothes would be your best bet."

Melody reluctantly tried on ever article of clothing Kelsey threw at her. Each outfit was over the top and flashy, so in other words not Melody. Finally with only a half an hour until Melody had to leave they found the perfect outfit, a pair of dark jeans and black and Grey tank top. I slipped on my Converse to add my own style to the outfit.

"Thank you!" Melody said hugging Kelsey tightly. "You’re the best."

"I'm just doing my best friend duty." Kelsey said with her loud laugh. "Now go!"

Melody ran out of the room and grabbed her purse. "Brad let's go!" She yelled opening the front door.

"Alright." He said walking to the door.

Melody looked Brad up and down. "Is that really what you’re wearing?"

Brad looked down at his attire.

"Yeah?"

"You couldn't find a nice shirt or clean pants?" Melody asked her stress levels rising again.

"It’s not that big of a deal, Mel." He said smoothing out his shirt.

"Fine. I don't have time for this." Melody said with a frustrated sigh.

They walked out of the house and into the hot LA afternoon. The car ride to the meeting was tension filled for Melody; this could be her big break which made her extremely nervous. Brad parked the car in front of the house the meeting was to take place in. It was a large house with bikes leaning up against the front and a fence surrounding it.

"Oh man this is scary." Melody mumbled her breathing becoming fast and labored.

"Don't worry I'll be right here." Brad said with a reassuring smile.

Melody nodded then opened her car door. The hot breeze hit her face calming her down greatly. She took a deep breathe then entered the gate.

*****

Joe waited anxiously for the arrival of what he believed would be his brother’s savior. A car had pulled up in front of the house but no one had left it.

"Maybe they won't show up." He said to Garbo and Karen.

"Joe stop worrying." Karen said placing a hand on top of Joe's muscular arm. "They are probably just as nervous as you are."

A knock on the door made the whole room go silent. Garbo quickly stood and went to the door. The sound of voices could be heard in the den where Joe and Karen were waiting.

"You did wake Nick up right?" Karen asked. She didn't let it show but she was worried Nick wouldn't show.

"Yeah. He's getting ready right now."

Two people walked into the room with Garbo, the girl was standing nervously next to the guy.

"Joe, Karen, this is the song writer I was talking about Melody Crenshaw." Garbo indicated towards the girl with long dark hair and bright blue eyes. "And her friend Brad."

"Hi I'm Joe Jonas." Joe said shaking hands with Melody and Brad. "This is my girlfriend Karen Armstrong." He said smiling at his beautiful girlfriend.

"Did you say Jonas?" Melody asked.

Her heart dropped as she realized what she just walked into. This was going to end badly if HE was here.

"Yes-" Joe was cut off by the entrance of Nick.

Melody averted her eyes from Nick as he walked over to his brother and best friend. He had changed since Melody had last seen him three years ago. His hair was longer and had even more curls, if that was even possible. He wore a simple white v-neck shirt, like always, with plain jeans. In Melody’s opinion he looked gorgeous, but there was a difference to his face that Melody did not like. His eyes were blood shot from a night of restless sleep the night before, and his cheeks were sunken in slightly from all the skipped meals. Nick didn't look healthy any more he looked depressed, his eyes lost their laughter and brightness.

"Nick, this is the song writer we talked about." Joe said.

Nick looked over at Brad and Melody, his gaze passed over Brad to Melody. He looked her up and down but when he looked at her stunning face he was surprised. There were the bright green eyes he had fallen for in New York years ago. Her black hair was cut shorter then it had been then and she had filled out slightly, in all the right places in Nick's opinion. Nick faintly heard Joe making an introduction but Nick didn't need one; he knew who she was.

"Hi Mel." He said he's eyes sparkling.

"Hi Nick." Melody said locking eyes with the man from her past.

"It’s been a while." Nick commented.

Brad looked just as confused as everyone else in the room at the exchange between the two. Melody moved slightly closer to Brad as she stayed under Nick's hypnotic gaze. Nick's eyes flickered to Brad; he still didn't know who he was.

"Nick, this is my roommate Brad." Melody introduced, even thought Joe had just done that.

"How do you two know each other?" Brad asked skipping over the introductions.

“We met when I lived in New York.” Melody answered.

“Well this is awkward.” Joe mumbled. He received an elbow to the gut for that comment from Karen. He glared at his girlfriend who glared back. “Can we move on to the business stuff we were supposed to be talking about?”

“Right.” Melody said nodding. “I don’t think I’m going to be able to do this I’m sorry for wasting your time.” Melody said with an apologetic smile towards Joe.

“What?” Joe asked. “But we need your help.”

“I’m sorry but this just won’t work.”

“Why not?” Joe asked getting worked up. This had to work for Nick to stop the destructive path he’s on.

“Joe, let it go.” Karen said trying to sooth him.

“No! We need her to fix him!”

“I don’t need to be fixed.” Nick said to his older brother. “Bye Melody. Thanks for nothing.” Nick said before leaving the room.

Melody took Brad’s hand and pulled him out of the house. She needed out of there she couldn't handle the disappointment on all of their faces. She knew her reasons behind saying no were selfish, but she couldn’t be around Nick. Even after all this time she hadn’t forgotten what had happened.

Nick paced his room his mind replaying everything that had happened. He couldn’t believe Melody was in his house. He had dreamed of the time he would see her again, it always ended better then it had in reality. In frustration Nick punched the wall near his locked door.

“Nick let me in!” Joe yelled while he pounded on the door.

Nick ignored his brother while he continued his pacing and thinking. He needed to think of a way to talk to her again, he had to in order to keep himself semi-sane.

Then it hit him. Garbo had Melody’s number. He ran out of his room, passing his brother at the door. Garbo was leaning against the door to the kitchen his phone out.

“What’s her number?” Nick demanded.

“Melody’s?” Garbo asked taken back.

“Yes.”

Garbo reluctantly gave Nick her number; he didn’t want to face the consequences of not listening to Nick. Nick dialed the number into his phone and hit send. He walked back to his room, again passing Joe at the entrance to the room. Finally after forever, or so it seemed to Nick, Melody answered her phone.

“Hello?”

“Please just listen to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
they finally met! and it didn't go to well! haha So i hope you like this one? haha comment please! : )