‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 20

Gerard stopped his car, surprised to see Naomi sitting on his front steps. His heart filled with dread as he jumped out and ran toward her.

“Nae? Love, is something wrong?” he asked, stopping in front of her.

“I’m okay,” Naomi replied with a tight smile. “I just needed to leave a little early…get some fresh air.”

“I’m sorry I wasn’t here. I didn’t expect you this soon.”

Gerard offered her his hand, but Naomi stood up on her own, brushing off her pants while she waited for him to open the door.

Gerard held open the door for her and watched as she entered the house with trepidation, looking around the foyer as Gerard stepped in behind her. “What
is it?” he asked, seeing her look around the house with apprehension.

“I just…I haven’t been here since…that day.”

Gerard felt his heart tighten as his mind flashed back to her words that day.

I give you everything I have and…and it’s still not enough.

But it was. It was enough, and he couldn’t tell her. It was all he ever wanted…she was all he ever wanted.

“I shouldn’t be here,” Naomi whispered, running her hands over her face but not turning away.

“Why?” he whispered, taking a step closer to her.

Naomi suddenly realized how close they were to each other. She realized that the only light in the room was the moonlight spilling through the windows of the house, casting a silvery light and shadows over anything it touched.

She felt her heartbeat speed up at his close proximity. “I really shouldn’t be here,” she repeated, turning away from him as she reached for the doorknob. Gerard covered her hand with his causing her breath to catch as she remembered the first time he’d touched her hand in such a similar way. Nobody would have expected it. Nobody would have thought that it started with something so effortless, so undemanding. That something so involved and full of such an array of emotions could have started with a simple brush of their hands.

Memories flooded through her- the kiss, the two of them in his classroom, in his car, in bed together…his bed.

Naomi slammed the door shut, turning and grabbing the lapels of his jacket before smashing her lips to his. Gerard's arms immediately wrapped aroundher waist, reflexively pushing her against the door and letting his tongue brush against hers, eliciting a soft moan from her.

------------
Muahaha! Arent I an evil little bugger =)
I'm going to leave it there.. Because Jo is here, everybody say "Hi Jo!" *Waves*
Yep. Im abandoing you for my best friend.. Arent I a whore ^^ Well I'm off to school.. I'd much rather stay here.. And update.. All day! But alas.. I cannot..
Yee shall have to wait till I get back from school ^^