‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 30

Oh, oh my love
Oh my darling
I’ve hungered for your touch
A long and lonely time


Naomi turned, meeting Gerard's eyes across the room. She gave him a gentle
smile as he began walking toward her, already feeling short of breath as she
watched him.

And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine


No words were spoken as he approached, taking her in his arms. They stared into each other’s eyes before Gerard wrapped one arm around her waist, giving her a soft smile. Naomi felt her heart thudding in her chest when he took one of her hands in his, bringing it to rest over his heart.

I need your love
I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me


Naomi sighed when his hand started rubbing soothing circles along her back. Their eyes never broke contact as they slowly moved together, swaying to the soft beat.

Lonely rivers flow
To the sea, to the sea
To the open arms of the sea


The murmurs of the crowd faded into the background, leaving the music to wash over them, surrounding them.

Lonely rivers sigh
Wait for me, wait for me
I’ll be coming home
Wait for me


Gerard fought the tears from coming to his eyes as Naomi squeezed his hand, understanding the meaning behind the simple gesture.

Oh, oh my love
Oh my darling
I’ve hungered for your touch
A long and lonely time


Naomi slowly let her head fall to his chest, moving her hand until it was resting directly over his heart. Gerard took a deep breath, covering her hand with his, brushing a tender kiss along the top of her head and closing his eyes.

And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine


Both lifted their eyes to look at each other, feeling the rush of emotions coursing through their bodies before their lips met in a tender kiss.

I need your love
I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me
God speed your love to me


They broke away from each other, short of breath as the final few notes faded into the distance. Everything seemed to slowly come back to them as they stayed wrapped in the other’s embrace, neither wanting the moment to end but knowing that it was inevitable.

They turned away, Gerard's hand still clasping Naomi's, leading her off the floor. They ignored the curious looks they were getting from the people who knew them as the ‘History teacher’ and ‘Jo's friend’.

Naomi could see her mother watching them, a hopeful expression on her face, obviously wanting her daughter to be happy. Gerard pulled her into a more secluded area, turning to face her. He let his hand slowly trace along Naomi's cheek before brushing his lips to hers in an intimate kiss.

“Come home with me tonight,” he whispered against her lips, his fingertips grazing her exposed skin.

Naomi didn’t trust a verbal reply as she nodded, her entire body shaking with want and confusion.

Gerard pulled her to him, practically crushing her with the force of his embrace.
She clutched at him, feeling the desperation seep into her as they held each other.

------

The song is “Unchained Melody” sung by…Well, sung by a lot of people, but the version I’m thinking of is The Righteous Brothers. This story is coming to a finish soon =(
I'm so sad about that.. *Sobs* There's roughly.. About 5 chapters left to do =(