‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 8

Naomi spotted his car even before she pulled onto Revello. “Perfect,” she muttered, throwing her car into park and stepping out. Gerard got out of his car, staying where he was.

She stood next to her car for a moment. It was clear that it was up to her to make the next move. Either go into the house and put the past behind her for good, or give him the chance to talk to her. With a sigh, she took a few hesitant steps toward the street, letting him walk the rest of the way.

“Naomi,” he said with a nod of his head.

“Hello, Gerard,” she said quietly. “What are you doing here?”

“I needed to talk to you,” he said softly, looking into her eyes.

“Okay,” she agreed, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Where’ve you been?”

“School,” Naomi said softly. “Dad surprisingly pulled some strings and got me enrolled in Pepperdine.” Gerard's eyes widened as Naomi continued. “I’m working on my Bachelor’s degree. I’m halfway finished.”

“That’s…that’s wonderful, Naomi.”

Naomi nodded, unable to make eye contact with him as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“What about money?” Gerard asked, guilt lacing his words.

“Another shocker…Mom talked to Dad and he paid for all the prenatal care.”

Gerard's eyes widened. That was the last thing that he’d expected to hear.

“She said that it was the least he could do and he apparently agreed,” Naomi murmured.

Gerard hung his head, knowing that it was the least he could do, not Naomi's father.

“And…the baby?” he asked quietly.

“Michael,” she whispered, finally looking at him. “His name is Mikey.”

Gerard gave her a gentle smile. “How is he?”

“He’s amazing,” Naomi said with a soft smile, forgetting who she was talking to while discussing her pride and joy. “The sweetest, most loving littleboy in the world. He’s really smart, knows just how to test people. He’s got my mom trained to do anything he wants. He knows he can get away with it.”

Gerard felt the lump in his throat. “Do you think I could…”

“You want to meet him?”

“If you’re okay with it,” he said softly. “I don’t want to do anything to upset you.”

Before Naomi could answer, a silver Mercedes pulled in the driveway. Gerard looked at it questioningly as the door swung open, revealing a tall, dark-haired man in a suit.

“Hey, babe,” he said with a smile to Naomi as he took off his sunglasses. “Sorry I’m late.”

Gerard's brow furrowed as the man approached. He felt as if his heart shattered when he saw the man take Naomi in his arms and leave a tender kiss on her lips.

Naomi pulled back with a flushed face.

‘I really didn’t want to go through with this right now,’ Naomi thought to herself. ‘It was going to happen sooner or later, but could he have worse timing? He was supposed to be here this morning.’

“Gerard,” she said softly. “This is Billie.”

That was it. No other introduction was needed. Gerard understood the role this man played in her life, and he felt the last remains of hope drift away.

----------

I WANT ROMANCE! Dammit.. =(
Please, please take a look at my new story? Im trying something new.. And I would love some feedback..