Nightmare Dreams

Die Romantic

I awoke the next morning to find him sitting at the foot of my bed. As soon as he saw my eyes open he got up and headed out my bedroom door, tucking his wings away. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "What the hell?", I mumbled flushing a shade of pink as I realized I only had my shirt on. I looked around the room and saw my jeans folded on my dresser. I shook my head a grabbed a clean shirt and my jeans and quickly changed into them.

I headed to the living room where I saw him leaning against the wall lazily. "Well?", I said. "Well what?", he replied. I sighed and dropped onto the couch. We both sat in an awkward silence. "You know, you never told me your name..", I said trying to get him to talk. If this got him talking I might find out what I wanted to know. "Chad", he said quietly, "Chad Summers". He paused, "At least.. that's what it used to be." I looked up at him. "What happened? I mean.. How did you die?"

He stared at me for a second. "You won't want to know, trust me", he mumbled. I got up and grabbed his hand, which was much warmer than a normal person, and brought him to sit down. "I want to know", I assured him. He sighed and looked into my eyes, "Its a long story." I looked back into his eyes, "I have time." And with that he started to tell his story:

(Chad's POV)

"It was twenty-one years ago, a week before you were born. I was in love. I was madly in love to my fiance, Drea. But, something happened. She was.. well bitten by a.. vampire.", I paused to let this sink into Stacey. I watched the horror slowly flood into her eyes, the realization of the fact showing across her face. I decided to continue,

"She never told me. She seemed normal to me. She kept telling herself she could control it, the need for blood, but she knew deep down she was going to slip up, and she did. It was on January sixteenth that she messed up. She had forgotten to feed the night before, and she knew it. The wanting for blood increasing in her. She didn't want to turn me though. Though the transformation is mostly painless, the craving for blood destroys some, like it destroyed her. She killed me first.. She grabbed knife from the kitchen and plunged it into my heart. The last words she said to me were I'm sorry and after my heart gave its final beat as a human she drank what she could of me. And I watched it. I watched after I died. I watched her drink every last drop of my blood, and that's when I saw the truth. She never loved me. If she loved me, she would Have died right when she stabbed me and she didn't. I never found my love, not until now.."

I stopped and grabbed her hand again, leaning closer to her. She had tears rolling down her face, I wiped them away as I did when I first revealed myself to her. I watched her perfect shade of brown eyes stare at me. "You see, a Guardian angel guards someone who was born on the day they died, but you.. you were special. You, Stacey, were born at the moment I died. This is.. well very rare and it.. it makes such a difference from a regular person to guard...", I looked at her, she had a confused look on her face. I breathed in slightly getting closer to her, "What I'm trying to say is.. I think I'm in love with you."