Status: Complete.

You Leave Me Breathless

Goodbye

[Trinity]

I knew my sister had done something sneaky as soon as she walked back into the apartment. I’d stopped drinking after I threw up about half an hour ago, the realisation of what I was doing hitting me like a train. So after I’d flushed the chain and cleaned my teeth, making sure my breath didn’t smell of vomit. I sat outside in the snow drinking water, letting the cold air sober me up. I’d only gone back into the apartment about five minutes before Peyton got back.

“What did you do?” I frowned.

“You’re...sober?” Peyton asked, confused.

“Not important. What did you do?” I repeated.

“I went to see Mikey. He had to know the truth, Trin, I couldn’t leave the two of you like you were,” Peyton sighed.

Tears filled my eyes and my bottom lip trembled. So Mikey knows what I did. He must hate me even more.

“They’re all coming over here, Trin. To say goodbye,” Peyton announced quietly.

“Fuck,” I cursed.

“Sorry,” Peyton apologised.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll need some more ice for my ankle though,” I sighed.

Peyton nodded and walked to the kitchen, returning a minute later with a new bundle. I got comfy on the sofa and pressed the ice bundle to my still swollen ankle. Peyton and I watched mindless television for half an hour before the doorbell rang. Peyton squeezed my shoulder supportively before getting up to answer it.

“You can’t leave!” Frank whined, throwing his arms around her.

I chuckled weakly. Once Frank had let go, Peyton let Mikey, Gerard, Lindsey, Bob and Ray into the apartment, before joining me on the sofa.

“So you’re really leaving,” Lindsey frowned, looking at how empty the place was.

“We really are,” I nodded sadly.

“Where are you going?” Ray frowned.

“To every state, city and town to find ’12 Ward Street’ in,” Peyton explained.

“That could take years!” Bob exclaimed.

“Yeah, but we need to do it. We need to find our mom,” Peyton said with a weak smile.

[1 hour later]

Bob, Ray, Gerard and Lindsey had left now, allowing Peyton and I time to say goodbye to Frank and Mikey. I hobbled to my room, Mikey following me. We sat down on my bed in silence after Mikey had shut the door.

“I don’t want you to leave, Trinity,” Mikey finally said.

“I wish I didn’t have to,” I sighed.

Mikey looked up at me, tears in his eyes.

“I’ll never love anyone like I love you,” he murmured.

“And I’ll never love anyone again. But you need to move on,” I said softly.

“No,” Mikey replied immediately, shaking his head.

“You have to. You are far too amazing for someone else not to love. There’s someone out there that will love you like you deserve, and you’ll be happy,” I smiled weakly.

“I’ll only be happy with you,” Mikey insisted.

I just shook my head and crawled into his lap, resting my head on his shoulder. Mikey held me tight to his body, as if it would mean I would never leave him.

“I love you, Michael James Way,” I whispered.

“And I love you, Trinity Rose Hayes,” Mikey whispered back.

“Can you do one last thing for me, Mikey?” I asked, lifting my head.

“Anything,” Mikey nodded.

“Make love to me tonight?” I whimpered.

Mikey just smiled and nodded, pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

[Peyton]

“So you’re really leaving, huh?” Frank sighed, shutting my bedroom door behind him.

“Yeah, bright and early tomorrow,” I nodded, sitting down on my bed.

“I know we don’t have what Mikey and Trinity have, but I’m going to miss you so fucking much,” Frank said honestly.

“Ditto,” I said with a small smile.

Frank came and sat down next to me, resting his hand on my thigh.

“One last fuck?” Frank smirked.

“One track mind?” I laughed, amused by his bluntness.

“Like you are any different,” Frank chuckled deeply.

I thought about it for a second. He’s got a point.

“Sounds good to me,” I grinned.

Frank grinned back and pressed his lips to mine in a searing kiss. This was going to be a goodbye to remember.

*

The next morning, I woke with Frank’s arms around me, our bare skin completely pressed together. I smiled and stroked my hand over his face, smiling wider as he stirred under my touch.

“Morning,” Frank said softly, pecking my lips.

“Morning,” I replied.

I eased myself out of his arms, and he groaned.

“You’re leaving now, aren’t you? I was hoping it had all be a bad dream,” Frank pouted.

“I want you to promise me something,” I laughed, pulling on the clean underwear I’d laid out the day before.

“Sure,” Frank smiled, sitting upright.

“Make Jamia the happiest woman alive,” I said softly.

Frank looked surprised, but he nodded. Good. Now I know he’ll have someone to spend his life with. Even if I don't like her.

“Come on, get up, I have to leave soon,” I chuckled.

Frank grumbled playfully but rolled out of my bed, pulling on the boxers and clothes he had worn yesterday. When we were finally ready, the two of us left my room, me holding my duvet and pillows, only to see Mikey and Trinity leaving hers holding the same.

“Hey,” I said softly.

“Hey,” Trinity replied.

“You got all your stuff?” I asked simply.

“Mmhmm, put the last bag in the car before we went to sleep last night. You?” Trinity nodded.

“Put mine in the car before I went on my errand round,” I smiled.

I couldn’t believe it. This was it. We were actually leaving.

“We should probably get going before traffic gets bad,” Trinity sighed.

I just nodded, and walked towards the front door. Trinity locked the door after her and Mikey had walked out, and we left the keys under the welcome mat for the owner to pick up. Silently the four of us walked to the car. Well, Trinity hobbled but you get my point. She leant against the car, Mikey holding her in his arms for the last time.

“I love you,” he murmured.

“I love you too,” Trinity murmured back.

I looked at Frank as they passionately kissed goodbye, smiling weakly.

“Look after Mikey, yeah? He’s not going to be good after this,” I said softly.

“Will do,” Frank chuckled.

He pressed his lips to mine gently, before pulling away. I sighed and got into the driver’s seat, seeing as Trinity couldn’t drive with her ankle like that. We stayed silent as I drove away, Trinity watching Mikey start crying through the side mirror.

“You going to be okay?” I asked softly, noticing she was crying too.

“No. But I’ll live,” Trinity replied sadly.

I squeezed her hand, before turning my attention back to the road. Here starts the new chapter of our life. All I know is that nothing will ever be the same again. We will never be the same again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End. Ta-da!
I've posted the link to the sequel, and I just want to say thank you so so so so so much to everyone that commented. You've really given me the inspiration to continue this story when no-one else wanted to read it. Please comment on the triquel to let me know you'll be reading it! I can promise it'll be a fun one =]

Running from lions
Dodger
Crazysabby
Sugar Cube
xNOMx
Airheart.101
Bull
mind_fckd
TrishaxMelissa
CherryxColoredxSkies
Barely Writer -_-
Fallen;
Princess.of.Night
Blaqrican13
Vanilla Bean
RandumbPanic
Rainbow. Unicorn.
Madalinaballerina
Stay Seventeen
Judgements.Reject
Hayleyrd7-80


Thank y'all so much! Now...head on over to the triquel!!
xo