Status: Complete.

You Leave Me Breathless

Analyze

[Trinity]

As soon as we got back to our apartment, I hobbled over to the sofa and pulled out the piece of paper in my pocket. Peyton sat next to me a minute later, holding a bundle of ice wrapped in a tea towel to my swelling ankle.

“Alex found our mother,” I whispered.

“What?” Peyton gasped.

I handed her the piece of paper.

“Nancy Freeman, 12 Ward Street. Was that all?” Peyton frowned.

“No, there was a whole address, but I didn’t get the chance to look at it or write it all down – Alex came back and I had to run out the window,” I explained.

“Hence jumping off the balcony,” Peyton sighed.

“Mmhmm,” I mumbled.

“So what do we do?” Peyton asked.

“We go to every single state, city and town. We go and find her,” I said firmly.

“We leave,” Peyton said monotonally.

“It’s the only way,” I whispered.

“I guess I better start packing then,” Peyton sighed.

“I’m sorry, Pey. I know how much Frank means to you,” I said apologetically.

But Peyton shook her head, smiling weakly.

“Mikey means more to you than Frank ever meant to me. But you mean the most to me. You sacrificed your happiness to help me. I’ll sort everything else out,” Peyton said firmly.

I looked at her for a second, before smiling.

“Thank you,” I said honestly.

Peyton didn’t reply. She didn’t need to. She could feel my pain well enough.

*

It took me four hours to pack all my clothing, shoes, make-up, bags, and random shit in suitcases and duffel bags. My Chemical Romance music was blasting the entire time and tears were falling down my cheeks the entire time. I’d also been drinking straight vodka the entire time, meaning I was very drunkenly singing along.

Well, when you go,
So never think I'll make you try to stay,
And maybe when you get back ,
I'll be off to find another way.

And after all this time that you still owe ,
You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know,
So take your gloves and get out,
Better get out,
While you can.

When you go,
Would you even turn to say,
"I don't love you,
Like I did,
Yesterday."


I choked on a harder sob, sitting down on my bed in a crumpled heap. I don’t know how I’m going to survive without Mikey. He’s my life. He holds my heart.

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading,
So sick and tired of all the needless beating,
But baby when they knock you,
Down and out,
It's where you oughta stay.

And after all the blood that you still owe,
Another dollar's just another blow,
So fix your eyes and get up,
Better get up,
While you can,
Whoa, whooa.

When you go,
Would you even turn to say,
"I don't love you,
Like I did,
Yesterday."


Peyton opened my door, looking at me sadly.

“I’ve got to go out now,” she said softly.

“Where?” I slurred.

“I’m going to the bar to tell Connor we’re quitting, and then I’ve got some other things to do,” Peyton explained.

“Mkay,” I mumbled.

“Love you,” Peyton murmured.

“Love you too,” I murmured back.

Peyton shut the door, leaving me to taking another mouthful of Grey Goose.

I don't love you,
Like I loved you,
Yesterday.


*

[Peyton]

I hugged Tori, Kim, Drew, Matt and Connor goodbye, before walking out the front of the bar. I’d told them exactly what had happened so they would understand exactly why we have to leave. I’d already been to apartment company, telling them we were moving out. My next stop? Frank and Mikey’s apartment. I had to explain to Mikey why Trinity broke up with him. I couldn’t let her leave with a broken heart like this. I knew she would never heal if I did. I parked the car and cut the engine, quickly hopping out and running up to the apartment. I knocked on the door, chewing my bottom lip. I knew I wouldn’t be that welcome.

And I was right. Gerard opened the door, anger flaring in his eyes when he saw it was me.

“What the fuck has your sister done to my brother?!” Gerard yelled.

Frank and Lindsey ran into the corridor, their eyes widening when they saw me.

“I need to speak to Mikey, Gee. Let me past,” I said firmly.

“Not until you tell me why your fucking sister has made him not leave his room!” Gerard roared.

I growled and punched him in the jaw, sending him falling to the ground.

“Sorry,” I apologized to Lindsey.

She sighed but nodded. I stepped over Gerard’s groaning body, and walked towards Mikey’s room.

“Babe, what’s going on?” Frank frowned.

“This is something I need to do alone. I promise I’ll explain later,” I said softly.

Frank’s eyes filled with worry but he nodded, pecking my lips in a kiss. I sighed and opened Mikey’s door, stepping into the room. He whimpered when he saw it was me. I shut the door behind me, going to sit on Mikey’s bed next to him.

“Why?” he whispered.

“I’m going to tell you, but you can’t say anything until I finish talking, okay?” I said firmly.

Mikey just nodded. It pained me to see him looking so miserable, but I knew this was nothing yet.

“When we were at the mall on Christmas eve, Trinity bumped into her ex, Zack. He told her that my ex, Alex, had something to give me, but that Alex wanted to tell me in person. Trinity tried to get the information out of him, but he refused. Yesterday, my ex Alex, told me that he had information I’ve been wanting my whole life. Information both Trinity and I want. But he told me that I had to fuck him to get it,”

“But Frank...”

“Don’t interrupt! When I told Trinity, she refused to let Alex take advantage of me like that. After a short while she said that her ex Zack only tells the truth after sex, as he can’t stop himself,”

Mikey started crying as he realized where this was going. My heart pained for him even more.

“That’s why Trinity broke up with you. She’s not a cheater and she couldn’t do that to you. I tried to talk her out of it, but she said it was the only option if I didn’t go near Alex. She sacrificed her happiness and her love for me. It’s my fault that you and Trinity aren’t together,” I finished sadly.

Mikey looked into my eyes, tears still falling from his cheeks.

“W-What was the information?” Mikey said suddenly.

“What?” I asked, shocked.

“I’m assuming Trinity...seduced Zack. What did she find out?” Mikey choked.

“Alex found our mother,” I said softly.

“Your mother?” Mikey gasped.

“Mmhmm. We’re going to find her, Mikey. We’re leaving tomorrow,” I confessed.

“But Frank...”

“And this is why I’m here. I need to get back to Trinity now. She’s drinking herself into a stupor. She’s heartbroken, Mikey. So I need you to call everyone together and bring them over to our apartment. Can you do that for me, Mikey?” I said sadly.

“I can do that,” Mikey nodded.

“I want to give you the goodbye you deserve,” I smiled.

“Thank you,” Mikey said sincerely.

“Don’t,” I chuckled.

I hugged him tightly, before getting up. Mikey got up too and followed me out the room. Lindsey, Frank and Gerard rushed over to us, all speaking at once. I just smiled weakly at Mikey before pushing past them and leaving the apartment. They can wait to hear the explanation.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the next chapter is the last chapter, and then the triquel will start.
Stoked to start writing the triquel actually!
I'll put the link up to it when I post the last chapter =]

Comments?
xo