Vampire Himemeya (Vampire Princess)

Chapter 13

When I walked out I ran into what seemed like a brick wall. "Excuse me," I said quickly then brushed my dark jeans off and finally looked at the walking wall. "Kazuki!" I barely got the name out in time before he held me in a tight embrace. 

"Anju," he whispered softly into my hair. 

"Where the hell were you?" I finally asked after he let go.

"I went to town. You were looking for me?" He gave a cocky smirk then intertwined his hand in mine.

"Well, yeah. Your sister sent out a worldwide search. Have you seen her? She's been worried sick."

"Relax. Jeez, Rini. She's the first person I saw. Why you guys freaking out?" I looked at him for the first time since he'd been back. His scratches were all healed up and he was walking perfectly fine on his foot. I looked up at him and remembered he had asked me something. "Uh what?" 

He laughed then shook his head. "Never mind. Want to go by the beach?" I looked at him skeptically then finally gave in when he pouted and gave me that puppy dog look that just screamed "adorable." 

Nemu had left us and next thing I knew, were walking on the beach with our shoes in our hands. "So what's up with you?"

He looked at me then shrugged and turned his gaze back to the almost black ocean. "Nothing? Should something be?"

"Well, no. But you've never wanted to hang out with me. Ever. What's with that? If this is some kind of prank, let me know now so I know." After it came out my mouth, I knew how much of a bitch I sounded. Kazuki stopped walking then turned to me. "I'm not playing with you. Okay? Sorry, if that's what you think but I'm not in this for anything." 

I mustered all the courage I had and finally asked the question that had been bothering me since he first started acting different. "Then why have you never looked at me until recently?"

"Ever think I was scared?"

I looked at him in disbelief then shook my head. "You're Kazuki. You don't get scared. Why would you be scared? I'm just Anju, the girl you've known for basically forever."

"No," he shook his head. His perfect black hair moved just in front of his now blue-green eyes. "you're different. You aren't the same little girl that annoyed the crap outta me when we were kids. You've grown up. We both have. I guess I've been acting weird because I'm now figuring that out." I looked up and him and when our eyes met, a smile spread across his face. 

"What are you smiling about?" I asked him.

"Nothing. Well, you."

"What'd I do?"

"You're just adorable," he said as he smiled then led us near the ice cold water. I looked away when I noticed he was staring at me with those bright eyes of his. I couldn't help but notice that his eyes were becoming more and more blue. "So, you ready?"

"Ready for what?" I asked him. 

"To go swimming of course," he spoke as he started undressing. "Instead of gawking at me why don't you just come in?" He chuckled and started taking off his pants until he was just in his underwear. Finally registering what he said, I covered my eyes with my hand and replied, "I'd rather not. Could you put some clothes on? Besides, it's freezing." 

He just shrugged then ran full speed into the water. I watched with disbelief as he went under the water and played in it like he was still seven. Laughing, I yelled, "Get out of there! You'll freeze to death. Aren't you cold?"

He shook his head dramatically and grinned, "Nope. Can't feel a thing!" 

"That's probably because you're numb," I teased.

"Oh s-s-shush," he shivered as he said the last word.

"See? You're gonna get sick. Come on. Let's go get hot chocolate. I wanna talk to you anyway." 

"Fine," he sighed then walked out. He grabbed his clothes and we started heading back to the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one day? <3 it feels good to be writing again. ^.^ comment/subscribe??