Vampire Himemeya (Vampire Princess)

Chapter 7

I turned to see Kazuki standing there just looking at me. "Aren't you too old to be playing in the sand?" he said with a smirk.

"Aren't you too young to be a creeper? How'd you get down here anyway?" I replied.

"Touché. And lots of work," he said as he tried to sit down. I walked over to help him steady himself.

"Thanks," he said to me gratefully.

"So, why are you here?" I asked after an awkward moment of silence.

"My sister couldn't find you so she started telling me about her date. And well, let's just say I'll be using the bathroom for a while." We both laughed as we looked out at the now dark sky.

"But, why here? Nobody ever comes to this side of the beach."

"I do," he said as he patted to bench signifying that he wanted me to sit next to him. 

"Oh," I said as I sat down. "Look, about before," I started but was afraid to finish.

"What about it?" 

"It's just...this isn't like you; at all."

"How would you know? To you I'm just a servant." He looked at me and I couldn't help but think about how beautiful they looked in the moonlight.

"What makes you think that? I've tried being nice to you. And you just give me a sarcastic reply every time."

"I'm rude? You brush me off because you're some high an mighty princess." Ouch. 

"Well, if I'm that bad, why'd you try to kiss me?" He was taken back by that and took his time to find an answer.

"Well..because I like you." Whoa. Wasn't expecting that.

"Oh. Well I like you too." Wait. Did I just say that?

"Really? I thought you couldn't like someone like me." Kasuki looked down to hide his red face. Though it didn't do much.

"'Someone like you'?" I got scared that he was going to say 'not a vampire.' But Mitsuki wouldn't tell him, would she? He was her brother but she promised. And I was a bad best friend to even think that.

"Yeah..ya know...not royalty." I sighed with relief then laughed.

"See? You don't know me as well as you think."

"Maybe I should get to know you better." He moved in and kissed my lips softly then sat up as if a sudden bit of lightening struck him.

"Um. Well." He laughed. Then said,

"First kiss?"

"Uhhh. Yeah.", I looked away, embarrassed. Then I felt a hand gently turn my chin.

"What's the matter? You don't like me, do you? I'm sorry if I offended you Princess."

"No. Not even close." He smiled at my response and put his arm around me; causing me so shiver.

"Then what's the matter? Are you cold? Here.", he said as he handed me his hoodie. Little did he know, he was the reason I shivered and why my heart was beating a mile a minute.

"Its just that I would never have guessed you liked me."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Dont apologize." I leaned in and kissed him. He didn't hesitate. He kissed me slowly but strong confident moves. It was perfect. He was perfect. Nothing could be more perfect. We stopped after a while and I was just cuddling next to him.

"I should get you home. It's getting late. Not that you need beauty sleep." I giggled at his compliment.

"Im not tired. But you need your rest."

"I don't need rest. I'm a fast healer.", he said as her played with my hair.

"Yes you do. The doctor said so."

"Oh whatever. Your really beautiful, Rini.", he said and adressed me by my middle name again.

"Thanks. This is um...I dunno. Weird. We've known each other for years. This is just unexpected."

"I know. But I've liked you for a while now. Just think how Mitsuki is going to react." I jolted up and hit his chin with my head.

"Ouch."

"Im so sorry. Are you ok? How could I not think of Mitsuki? She's my best friend and I didn't even think of her."

"Relax. I've talked to her."

"You have? Wait. Huh?"

"Shes known Ive liked you."

"And she didn't tell me?"

"I made her promise." I smiled when he said this because it gave me the flashback of her and I pinky promising.

"Oh. Well I want to tell her."

"Fine by me. Now come on. You should get to bed."

"Ok." I got up and helped him walk to his room. The whole way there we walked hand in hand. He even kissed me goodnight. I was going to have to call Mitsuki and tell her everything. If she found out from her brother, she never speak to me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote two chapters in a day. I feel proud of myself. XD
hope you like it. Comments are always welcome :)