She'll Be A Secret You Can Keep-Jack Barakat

Caught up in the moment

We arrived in Colorado and I hopped out of the van. I was oddly excited to see a boy I had only just met. As cliché as it sounded, something felt right about Jack.  Which was crazy because we had only just met.

“Lexie, where are you going!" John yelled as I weaved through the buses.

“You know, to the thing at the place!” I yelled back, jogging to Boys Like Girls bus. I knocked twice and the door swung open, Dania smiling down at me.

“Youre here!" Dee exclaimed, engulfing me in a hug and pulling me into the bus. "I’m used to touring with boys, but after knowing that I’d have you, it seems like testosterone torture!"

I laughed as we made our way to the back lounge. “What did they do?”

“Nothing, just a lot of disgusting jokes.” she grumbled, flipping off Paul as walked past the bunks.

“Is All Time Low here yet?"

“Ooh, why do you care, Lexie?" Dee asked with a smirk.

“I don’t care," I scoffed, "I was just wondering.”

“I just saw Jack walking to catering." she grinned.

“Stop smiling like that,” I laughed.

“Smiling like what?” she teased, pulling me put of the bus and towards catering. This girl was Aleta moving, it seemed.

“Smiling like—like I like—”

“Like you like Barakat?” she suggested.

“Shuddup,” I whined, making our way through the catering line.

“...And it was so big!” I heard a guy exclaim. I walked around the corner, and saw four guys, but I only recognized one.

“Lexie!" Jack yelled, potato chips spewing from his mouth.

“Hi, Jack,” I laughed. He came barreling toward me and hugged me with one hand, the other holding a paper plate filled with food. I stumbled backwards a bit, my back smacking into someone's chest.

“Hi there!" the boy I bumped into smiled, "I think we should learn each others' names before we get this close to one another." he said suggestively

“Dude, it’s Lexie!" Jack said, pulling me
To a table. He sat down and started shoveling food in his mouth.

“Wait a minute, now.  Lexie?" the boy I assumed to be Alex asked.

“Yeah, that’s me,” I said.

“John Oh's sister?” he asked. I nodded. “I was totally kidding about you being Jack’s girlfriend and you two having phone sex.” I gave him a quizzical look and turned to face Jack.

“I told him about John chasing Garrett around the hotel.” I smiled and nodded.

“Ah,” I said. “Just don’t piss me off, and I will not tell my brother.”

“Oh, thank God!” Alex yelled, getting down on his knees and hugging me. “I love you!” He kissed my cheek repeatedly, the other bands giving us weird looks.

“Gaskarth, what are you doing?” We turned to see John, Garrett, and Dania all heading towards out table. That girl was always somewhere. Alex got off his knees and moved to sit next to me at the table so I was sandwiched between him and Jack. His arm went around my shoulder, and he crossed his legs.

“Just showing our girl Lexie some love.”

“You guys were not very nice to her at the hotel,” Jack laughed, shaking his finger at them.

“Not true,” John said, already eating a sandwich. It amazed me how much these boy ate.

“Were they nice to you?” Alex asked.

“Not Garrett,” I answered.

“But I’ve already been punished!” Garrett said, throwing his hands up.

“Multiple times,” John said with a grin, but I could see him eyeing Jack carefully. “I take it you’ve met All Time Low, then."

“Actually, I really only know Jack and Alex," I answered, slightly embarrassed.

“Oh!” Jack said, grinning. “That’s Zack and Rian. Matt is our tour manager-he always carries his walkie talkie and he’s always filming, so beware.”

“Thank you for the warning,” I laughed.

“Dee, Lexie!" Alex exclaimed. We both looked at him. “We play at 3:10 , you both better come to our set.
“Uhm...."
"Deal!" Dania grinned, putting on her sunglasses.

“Awesome!” he smiled.

--

That night I watched All Time Low’s set, laughing every time Jack looked at me and made a funny face. Half way during the set, Alex tried to pull me and Dee on stage, but I clung
To Flyzik while Dee punched Alex in the gut. No way in hell was that boy bringing us on stage.

Alex introduced the last song, and Jack stuck his tongue out at me. I shook my head and laughed.

“I think Barakat likes you,” Dee sang

“No way." I disagreed. “We barely know each other.”

“Doesn’t matter. I spy chemistry!"

"Whatever you say." I laughed.

“Dee!" We looked up and saw Paul and Bryan. “Come help us pack up the merch!"

“Later, Lexie!" She waved, making her way to the boys. I heard the bridge to Poppin' Champagne start, so I made my way off the Hurley stage and began  walking around, counting all of the lids I saw wearing The Maine merch
“Hey!" I turned around and saw a very sweaty Jack.

“Hey.”

“So, what did you think?”

“I think you are very full of energy.” He smiled.

“That I am. Maybe too much energy.”

“No such thing.”

“Ive been meaning to ask you something, Lex."

“It's true, John is really my brother. I tried for years to prove that I was adopted, but apparently we have the same nose, so we're definitely related."

Jack laughed. “Not that.”

“Then what?”

“Well, I was kinda wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight. Just us, without all the guys and Dee."

“That sounds nice," I smiled.

"I know an awesome icecream place nearby. They make their own stuff." 

“You would want to go to an icecream place," I chuckled.

Jack’s face lit up, and I smiled again. “Awesome." he grinned, I'll pick you up at 5, okay?"

“sounds good." I agreed.

“Okay, I’m gonna go help the guys before you realize you probably should have said no.” I laughed. 
“But I can’t wait for tonight, Lexie."  He started walking away and I sighed.

“I can’t wait either,” I giggled.

Jack was turning me into a giggling schoolgirl, but I certainly didn't mind.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoop whoop, updaaate :)