She'll Be A Secret You Can Keep-Jack Barakat

First date

“Why do you keep pacing around?” John asked as he stared at the television in the back lounge. He and Garrett were in a heated game of Modern Warfare 2.

“Wha?" I asked, stopping and looking at him.

“You’ve been walking in a little circle for the past ten minutes,” Garrett smirked as John began pushing the buttons on his controller repeatedly.

“I guess I didn't notice," I responded sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck.

“You’ve been acting incredibly odd, Lexie," John pointed out, "and you're pretty damn odd to begin with."

“I am not!" I disagreed.

Garrett laughed and paused the game. He placed the controller down on the couch and raised an eyebrow at me. “Please, Lex. I've watched you change your outfit three times in the last two hours."

“You watched her change?” John laughed. We both turned and glared at him.

“Well, did I at least pick the right one?” I asked, tugging at the hem of my purple tank top.

“I guess...” Garrett answered.

“Oh, thanks for the help.” I rolled my eyes, and ran my fingers through my hair and rearranged my leggings, making sure they were completely smooth.

“Why are you all dressed up anyway, Sis?” John asked with a knowing grin.

“A girl cant wear something different for once?” I asked, stomping my foot and the ground, causing both of them to laugh.

“Yeah, Lexie,  but you’re on tour with a bunch of guys and Dania. So unless you’re going out with one of the guys—”

“Or Dania." Garrett added with a smirk.

“—Or Dee, you wouldn’t get all fancy on us.” I stared down at the ground, biting my lip and pulling my foot in and out of my flats.

“Oh my God,” Garrett said. I looked up quickly, wondering what was happening. He pointed at me, and amused look on his face. “You’re not!”

“I’m not what?” I asked.

“You’re going out with Barakat!”

"wh-what?"

“John Oh,  she’s going out with Barakat!”

“N-no, I’m not.”

“Then why are you stuttering like Pat?” John laughed.

“I-I’m not!” They both started busting with laughter. “Shut up!”

“I can’t believe,” Garrett breathed as he sat down on the couch and clutched his stomach. “That you’re going out with Barakat!”

“I’m not,” I said sternly, crossing my arms over my chest. “We’re just hanging out.”

“Doing what?” John asked.

“We’re going to an icecream shop."

“So...do you like Jack?” John asked.

I bit my lower lip and thought for a moment. "Yeah." I smiled, "I think I do."

"Well then you have my blessing." John smiled. I joined him on the couch and kissed his cheek.
"Thank you, Johnny."
"Its no problem." he smiled, "But shouldn't you be going?"
I nodded and got up from the couch, waving goodbye to the boys and exiting the bus in search of Jack.
I weaved through the buses, finally making my way to All Time Low's bus. I knocked, and within a few seconds the door swung open, revealing Jack.

“Hey!” Jack said happily, putting his iPhone back in the pocket of his black skinny jeans. I smiled at his outfit; black skinny jeans, and a bright blue t-shirt. "I was just about to go to your van."

I smiled as Jack opened the passenger door of a small Nissan for me. I climbed in and buckled my seatbelt. "So where is this place?" I asked.

“It's a little ways down, there's countryside and farms, so the icecream is all fresh made."

“How convenient,” I smiled. Jack put the car in drive and pulled onto the main road, the crowded warped
Tour fairgrounds and busy street eventually turning to the peaceful
Countryside. I kept stealing quick glances at him as he concentrated on the road.

“So I have a confession to make,” he said, grinning slightly. “I looked up things to do yesterday before I asked you out.”

“That’s cute,” I giggled.

“I'm glad you think that." he chuckled, running his hand through his dark hair. 
  He flicked on his blinker and pulled into a gravel parking lot crowded with cars.  He quickly took one of the few available parking spots, opening my door for me as I got out. He laced his hand with mine as we joined the long line of people waiting to order at the window. My cheeks reddened as I noticed him stealing little glances at me every so often.

"What?" I asked playfully.

"It's nothing." he smiled, giving my hand a little squeeze, "you just look really pretty tonight."

"thanks. You look good too."

Jack wrapped a protective arm around my waist as we approached the order window.
"Hi. I'll have 2 scoops of blueberry on a waffle cone, please." Jack ordered, pulling his wallet out of his back pocket. "What do you want, Lexie?"
"Um, I'll just have a scoop of vanilla." I said, a little overwhelmed by the large menu on the wall.
"Oh come on," Jack teased, "this stuff is fresh made, pick something you can't find in the frozen food aisle of Target."
"Alright fine," I laughed, "I'll have raspberry." 
"that's more like it." Jack beamed.

He quickly paid and took both of our icecreams from the counter. We each grabbed a spoon and sat down on one of the benches.
"So how is it?" Jack asked, licking his cone.
"Its amazing." I gushed, taking another lick, "and it's so sweet."
"Not as sweet as you, though." he pointed out.
I giggled and rested my head on his shoulder, looking up at him.
"That was really corny, Jack."

"Yeah, but I told you that I would work my boyish charm on you."

"That you did." I laughed.

"And is it working?"

I smiled and kissed his cheek.
"You could say that." 

We spent about an hour at the icecream place, eventually driving home and agreeing it was probably the best icecream we had ever had. We walked hand in hand through the fairgrounds back to the van that evening.

"I had a really good time tonight," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his torso.
He nodded and leaned down, placing a soft kiss on my lips. It wasn't much, but it was enough to send sparks shooting off inside of me.
"I'll call you," Jack whispered, turning and making his way back to his bus.

I'd be lying if I said Jack Barakat wasn't a good kisser.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope you guys enjoy this, the first date is written based off of my
memory of my first date with my late fiancé. It made me smile :)