Status: Complete and edited

Love Will Keep You Up All Night

11

****
When Sidney got off the phone with Marc-Andre, he saw that he had a voicemail and smiled. He held his breathe as he waited to hear her voice. “Good Morning.” He whispered to the phone after Taylor’s voice said it. He looked at his clock and saw that it was quarter to seven, he could still call her. He dialed her number and waited.

****
I had just gotten dressed when my phone started ringing, there was only one person that would be calling me at six something in the morning.

“Hello?”

“Good morning.” He said

“Morning. How was your flight?”

“It was good. I got in kind of late.”

“Not that late, I was being lame and was asleep by eleven-thirty.” I laughed. “So, my mom realized that I was acting different than I was before you showed up.”

“What did she say?”

“Nothing really, she did want to know if we were going out because I told her how I felt about you because I told her why I was acting the way I was after Philly.”

“Was she mad?”

“No, because I didn’t tell her that we were. I told her that we are just friends but maybe in the future we will be more. I did tell Katie though.”

“I told Flower.”

“Anyone else?”

“No, but I’m going to have to explain to the team why I was so out of whack last week. Questions might get asked.”

“If they ask just tell them, I’m not going to get all pissed because you told your friends.”

“Thanks, so does your dad know?”

“No I don’t think so. Mandy does though.”

“That’s okay, she was the one who told me where I could find you yesterday.”

“Oh…hey I have to go. Text me later.”

“Okay, I will. Have fun at school.”

Jerk. “Yeah, that’s doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen.”

“Bye, Taylor.” He laughed

“Ugh, bye Sidney. Have a good practice.”

“I plan to.”

My week pretty much went the same way, we would talk at night and then I would call him in the morning and talk while I got ready. Once I was at school he would text me all day, unless he was at practice or doing something. He had a game on Saturday and like I did with every Penguins game, I sat in the living room with dad and watched the game. When Sidney scored, dad cheered and I clapped. I waited about twenty minutes before I called him to congratulate him and the rest of the team. We didn’t talk long because they were all going out to party.

****
This week has been amazing, Sidney was back on his game. When he went to practice the day after he got back, he had made every shot he took. His teammates were happy to have their high scoring captain back. When they were in the locker room Evgeni came up to him.

“Welcome back captain. We missed you.”

“Geno, I didn’t go anywhere. I was just in a funk and I only left for one day. I’m back and I am better.” Sidney laughed.

“Well I happy. Why you leave?”

“I had to go talk to someone.”

“Taylor?” Geno smiled.

Sidney sighed, “Yes, Taylor. I had to find out a few things.”

“Like if she liked you as much as you like her?!” Max yelled from the other side of the room.

“Yes, Max.”

“What did you find out?” Jordan asked

“I’ll just make this easier for everyone else. Taylor and I are going out, but we are keeping it on the DL because we don’t want her parents finding out or the press.” Sidney said.

“So when are we going to see her again?”

“I don’t know, she’s still in school. She doesn’t graduate until June. I might just go visit her a few times.”

“Aw aren’t you so sweet, Sid.” Fleury called and everyone laughed as Sidney blushed. He really did want her to see the team again, but there was never any time. They would have to figure out when they could see each other.

"Hey, Sid, come over tonight to watch the Devils and Sens play?” Geno asked

‘Yeah sure. I’ll bring pizza.”

“See you later.”

Sidney decided to send Taylor a text and see how she was doing.

Can’t talk right now, bout 2 take test. She responded

He sighed and put his phone in his pocket and left the locker room. Later that afternoon Sidney decided that he was going to go shopping for Taylor’s birthday. He already had the t-shirt that he was going to give her, but he wanted to get her more. But he didn’t know what to get her. It had been a while since he went shopping for a girl, well except for his sister and mom. What should I get her? He wondered to himself as he walked out to his Range Rover. Well she liked softball, writing, and reading. He drove to the mall and walked around.

****
Ugh, I hate my government class and its tests. I really wanted to talk to Sidney, but the teacher always walked around and I couldn’t risk getting my phone taken away. I had lunch next so for the next half hour I can text him. After I got my food I sat at the table with my friends.

Hey srry bout that. He walks around 2 much. What r u up 2?

As I waited for his response I talked to my friends and ate my lunch. After about ten minutes he finally responded.

Nothin much just shoppin. How bout u?

Eatin lunch

Yum

Ah no its more like yuck.

Lol then y r u eatin it?

Cuz im hungry and 2 lazy to bring lunch. How was practice?

[b[Good all the guys are happy 2 have me back to normal

Haha well im glad it went ok.

Yeah…I told them bout us.

What did they say? Believe or not I was actually worried about what they thought.

They r all happy for me. Jordan wants 2 know when he’s going to get to see u again.

Haha idk I have so much going on right now.

That’s what I told him.

=)

I have to go Tay. I’ll call you tonight okay?

Um, actually I’ll call u. I gotta work after practice.

That sucks…I’ll be waiting.

Lol okay. Ttyl

Ttyl

“Let me guess you were talking to Sidney?” Katie laughed

“Mhm, he texted me earlier during government but we were about to take a test.”

“Oh.” The bell rang and we got up. “I’ll see you later Taylor.”

“See ya Katie.”

There were only two more periods left of school, I could handle that. To my surprise though, half way through third period I received a text from the other captain telling me that practice was cancelled. That text forever brightened my day. I quickly shot a mass text to the other girls before telling Sidney that I’d call him as soon as school let out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited