Status: Complete and edited

Love Will Keep You Up All Night

17

****
God my head hurts, Sidney thought as he sat in the terminal. During the crash landing, Sidney hit his head on the wall. Once he got the all clear from the parametics, Sidney went searching for a phone. He had to call Taylor. His coach wouldn’t let him go look for one and he was going out of his mind. He saw the news vans outside and he knew that somehow Taylor found out and she was watching the broadcasts. He had to call her and let her know that he was okay. He was going to text her this morning and let her know that they decided to leave a few hours earlier, but went against it.

Sidney got up and paced between his seat and the terminal window looking out onto the runway where they were looking at their plane. He stood there looking at everything, thanking god that no one was seriously hurt. He felt more then heard someone come up next to him.

“How are you doing?” a familiar voice asked him. He turned to face his friend.

“Jordan, I can’t find a phone to get a hold of her. I know she’s going crazy wondering about me. Hell, I’m going crazy that this is driving her crazy.” Sid said putting his head on the window.

“Did you see if Geno had his phone on him?”

“Yeah, it’s out on the plane. Along with almost everyone else’s. I hate that they wouldn’t let us bring out bags in.”

“Chill, Sid. I’m sure we will be able to roam around the airport in a little bit. Then we will look for a phone so you can call Taylor.” Jordan said placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

“Thanks man. I just….”

“I know. You’re crazy about her. We all are.”

“Again, thanks.”

“No problem.”

Jordan went to sit next Fleury and left Sidney alone to deal with whatever was going on with him.

“Taylor, I’m fine.” He whispered, wishing somehow she could hear him.

****
When I got out of the shower Katie had a cup of tea for me. I took it and went to sit out on the balcony, willing for my phone to ring. I don’t do well with stress and this was the ultimate stress for me. All I wanted was to hear his voice telling me he was okay and that we would see each other soon. Dad called me again while I was in the shower, but I didn’t feel like talking so I shot him a text.

I’m holding in. Still nothing yet.

I knew it was getting bad when mom called and asked if I have heard anything and that made me even more upset. When I was about to go absolutely crazy, I remembered that I had Evgeni’s number. I quickly scrolled through my contacts and pressed send. His phone rang and than gave me hope. Until it clicked over to his voicemail.

“Hey Geno it’s Taylor. I was wondering if you guys were okay and if Sid was with you. Please if you get this have him call me. Thanks.”

I slammed my phone shut and put my head in my hands and cried. This was so hard because no one was picking up their phones and the news had nothing new. I decided that I was going to go to the pool because there was nothing I could do sitting here and worrying.

“Do you guys want to go to the pool?” I asked

“Yeah sure, but are you sure you want to go?” Katie asked

“Yeah, I realized that I’m able to do anything sitting here or at the pool, so why not sit at the pool?”

“I hear ya. Come on.”

So the three of us got ready and walked over to the pool. We tanned and messed around for the rest of the afternoon. I did think about what was going on though, but didn’t let it effect my afternoon.

****
They were getting a new flight back home and Sidney didn’t want to be a part of it. He went to the coach and told him that he was catching a flight to South Carolina. Coach wasn’t really happy about it, but let him go. Sidney wanted to call Taylor and let her know, but found out that the next flight was leaving in twenty minutes. He talked to his team for a little bit and then boarded the plane to South Carolina and Taylor. He figured it was almost five-thirty and it was a five hour flight, he’d get there about ten-thirty and once he landed he would call Amanda and get directions to their condo.

Sidney settled into his seat and fell asleep, happy knowing that he had a plan and was going to see Taylor. Perhaps even tonight.

****
Still no news or phone calls from anyone. Mom and dad stopped calling when I started ignoring them. I needed my space, that’s why I wasn’t going out with Katie and Anna tonight. I just wanted to sit here and hope to hear from my boyfriend or his friends. I laid on the couch and watched a movie, just relaxing.

It was a little after nine when Anna and Katie got back. “We have ice cream.” Anna announced as they walked in

“We also have another movie to watch.” Katie added

“Cool.” I looked over at Katie’s grinning face. “Let me guess….Harry Potter?”

“You know me so well.”

I laughed. “Yeah well….just put it in and bring that ice cream over here.”

We sat in the dark living room watching Harry Potter and eating ice cream until twelve thirty. When we were about to head to bed there was a knock at the door.

“Who could that be at…” I looked at the clock. “Twelve-thirty?”

“I don’t know. Should we answer it?” Anna asked

“Yeah.” I walked to the door and looked through the peep hole and gasped….
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited