Status: Complete and edited

Love Will Keep You Up All Night

21

I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon with Sidney, we shopped, we went out to lunch and we even went to the aquarium. Sidney's mood lightened as the day went on, but that changed when we walked into a store that had ESPN playing. They just happened to be showing highlights from the game when we walked in. Sidney stopped dead in his tracks and glued his eyes to the television. I knew there wasn’t much I could do right now, so I walked around the store. I would hear Sidney mumble something every once in a while, but chose to ignore it.

Finally they were done with the game highlights, but then they started talking about Sidney’s game. If it was at all possible, Sidney stood straighter as the commentators talked about how he was a little slower than normal and he wasn’t getting the shots he liked. Finally I couldn’t put up with it anymore, I walked over to him and grabbed his arm and with all my might, pulled him out of the store.

“Sid come on. Let’s go home.” I said still trying to get him out the door. He looked down at me and noticed my concerned look and his look softened. “Come on, we’ll talk at home.”

The ride back to the condo was a very quiet one, neither of us said a word or turned on the radio. Sidney was sitting in the passenger seat staring out the window and not looking at me. I hated to see him like that.

When we got back to the condo, we didn’t get out right away. I shut off the engine and turned to him.

“Sidney,” I said quietly. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah I guess….I don’t know.” He sighed.

“Let’s go up and we can talk if you want to.”

He nodded and got out of the car. I slowly got out and climbed the stairs to the second floor. When we walked in Katie and Anna were sitting on the couches watching a new movie.

“Hey Taylor, hey Sidney.” Anna said looking up.

“Hey guys, how was your morning?” I asked

“Good, this area is beautiful. We went to that little dinner over there by the Food Lion and then we walked on the beach. What did you two do?” Katie asked

“We went to the mall and then went down to Broadway at the Beach for lunch.”

“That sounds like fun.”

“Yeah it was.” I looked over at Sidney who was sitting next Anna, still staring off into space. He must have noticed my look because he looked up at me and smiled a sad little smile.

“I’m kind of tired, if you’ll excuse me.” Sidney said getting up. As he walked by me I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. When I heard the bedroom door shut, I plopped in the chair with a heavy sigh.

“What’s up with Sidney?” Katie asked

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. “He’s pissed about the game. He just wants to know what happened and what he can do to fix it.”

“If he’s pissed, then why did he look more sad then pissed?” Anna asked

“Because while we were at Broadway we went into a sports collection store and they were showing highlights from the game, and I have to say there was nothing horrible in those clips but he seemed to find something wrong with the plays they showed. Well after they showed the highlights they started talking about him and his game and how it wasn’t his best.”

“That sucks, have you talked to him?”

“Not yet, I’m trying to give him some space.”

“Yeah I think that’s what he needs right now.” Katie said

My phone started ringing in my pocket, so I slouched in my chair to reach into my pocket. It was Flower. As I opened the phone, I walked out onto the deck.

“Hey Flower. How are ya?” I asked

“Hi Taylor. I’m okay. How are you doing now that Sid is there with you?”

“Much better. Hey Marc?”

“Hmm?”

“Sidney is not acting like himself today, he’s upset about the game. How do I get him to just forget about it for right now?”

Marc-Andre chuckled. “I can think of a few ways. You guys are sharing a room aren’t you?” He chuckled again.

“FLEURY! I did not mean like that and you know it.” I chuckled.

“I know, I’m just messing with you.” He sighed. ”There really isn’t a way. It’s what he does, until he knows what went wrong and he talks to coach about it.”

“Ugh, that’s not for another couple of days. He was fine this morning and then as the day went on he just became depressed or something.”

“Well like I said there really isn’t anything you can do. Try talking to him, see how that helps.”

“Yeah that’s what I was thinking.” I sighed. “So what’s up? Why’d you call?”

“Oh, yeah Sid told me to call him on your phone since his is in his bag. I don’t want to bother him right now, so can you just tell him that I have his things at my place and that he can come get them whenever.”

“Yeah sure, not a problem.”

“Thanks Taylor and when you talk to him, tell him it wasn’t his fault. I shouldn’t have let that shot get pass me.”

“Hey, it wasn’t your fault either Marc. That was a hard and fast shot and you can’t always stop them, it happens. Don’t focus on that last goal, you had so many other amazing saves that night.”

“Thanks Taylor, can you just tell him.”

“Sure thing. Do you want me to tell him to call you back?”

“Nah you don’t have to.”

“Okay, remember what I said.”

“I will. Talk to you later Taylor.”

“Bye Flower.”

When I walked inside I didn’t say anything to my friends and went to the bedroom. I walked in and shut the door behind me.

“Flower called, your stuff is at his place. He said you can get it whenever.” I said

Sidney didn’t say anything, he just kept staring at the ceiling above him. I stood in the door way just looking at him, waiting for him to move or say something. After about five minutes of silence, I walked over to the bed and sat down. We still didn’t say anything, but Sidney did finally move, he grabbed my hand.

“Please tell me what’s bothering you?” I whispered

“Was my game slow? Was there something different about the way I was playing that night?” he asked.

“No. There was nothing different, you did an amazing job. Your team did an amazing job, but losses do happen Sid. Your game was not slow, I even thought you looked faster than normal. You didn’t look distracted by anything, you played a good game.”

“You’re not just saying that because you’re my girlfriend are you?”

“No, I’m telling you as a fan. Like I said I would.” I turned to face him. “Sidney listen to me, the game was played well. The team’s offense was on and Fleury had awesome saves, everything flowed smoothly. Well except for Staalsy’s fight in the third.” I chuckled. “What was he thinking? There really was no reason for him to go after that guy.”

Sidney chuckled. “It’s Staal, there really isn’t a reason for many things.”

“Ah you laughed. See it’s not all bad. Yes you lost , yes you’re not playing for the Stanley Cup…this season. You always have next season and the seasons after that. I know you wanted to win it again this year, but like I said these things happen. I’m sorry you lost, but it’s the past now. Just try to forget it for a couple of days, wait ‘til you get back home and sit down with the team or the coaches and go over the game. Take notes on what went wrong and how you can fix it. After you do that, place those notes somewhere where you can’t find them until practices start up again.”

He sighed and moved closer to me. “You’re right, it was nice hearing that from a fan’s point of view.” He kissed my cheek. “Thank you Taylor.”

“No problem, I’m here for you. For anything."

I turned to face him and kissed his non-expectant lips. I felt him smile which in turn made me smile. He slowly lowered himself back onto the bed which caused me to fall on top of him. I pulled away slightly shocked, we have never been put in these awkward situations before. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes and smiled, this wasn’t so bad or awkward after all. I slowly lowered my face back to his keeping our lips from touching. I smiled down at him again and closed the very little space that was left between us. This kiss was different from our other kisses we have shared. This kiss had more heat and passion to it.

At some point Sidney must have rolled because I ended up laying on the bed with him hovering over me. Now it was his turn to stare into my eyes from that level.
The smile he gave me sent my stomach into a complete flutter. He oh-so-very slowly brought his lips to mine and began kissing me, slowly at first but the pace began to increase. His tongue traced my lower lip slowly, causing a shiver to run through my body. I opened my mouth, granting him access. I wrapped my arms around Sidney’s neck and began playing with the curls on the back of it. He let out a low groan and began kissing me harder. His hand moved from my cheek to the skin of my stomach, which caused me to jump because I wasn’t expecting it. When I jumped he pulled away.

“I’m sorry.” Were his first words

“Don’t be, it just scared me that’s all.” I laughed. Why was I all of a sudden so nervous? laying in a huge bed. Finally my brain began to work properly. I sat up and leaned against the head board. “Sidney-“

“Don’t say anything. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have let it get that far.”

“Whoa, who said that I didn’t want it to go that far? I was an equal in that kiss.”

“Yeah but I’m older…”

“You’re older? Did you really just say that?” I huffed.

“Yes I did because it’s true. I am older so it’s my responsibility to be able to control things.”

“Are you kidding me right now? I’m plenty old enough to know when I should stop, if I want to stop. Just because I’m eighteen doesn’t mean that I don’t know what I’m doing.”

“That’s not what I said.”

“I know that’s not what you said, but that’s what you’re implying.”

“No it’s not!”

“Can we please please please not get into this right now? Age has nothing to do with anything here. If I wanted you to stop or if I thought you-we were going too far, I would have stopped and told you.”

“Taylor what are you saying?” Sidney asked raising an eyebrow.

I exhaled in a loud huff. “Sid, I don’t know what I’m saying. I really can’t think straight right now.” I ran my hands through my hair.

“So you are totally confused about this too?” He asked a smile playing on his lips

“Yes I’m confused. I want to kiss you again, but I’m afraid that that’s going to happen and we won’t stop. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind not stopping but I’m not ready for something like that yet.”

“Tay, I’m not asking you to have sex with me. I would never make you do something that you weren’t comfortable with. I just wanted to know that I wasn’t alone on not fully understanding our feelings for each other.”

“ Yes I’m not fully understanding what’s going on. I thought it was just me getting caught up in my first relationship.”

“Well you’re not, I’m totally feeling the same way.” He moved closer to me. “I’m sorry that I freaked out there for a bit.”

“It’s okay, but can you do me a favor?”

“Sure.”

“Don’t bring up the damn age thing again. If you do I think I might have to throw something at you or something. I’m just starting to forget about the age difference.”

“Okay I won’t, I’m sorry.” He kissed my lips lightly. I moaned and leaned into him, wrapping my arms around his neck again. He released my lips and moved to my neck and kissed me lightly there. “Sid, please stop.” I giggled. “That really tickles.”

I could feel his lips spread into a smile on my neck and he chuckled. The air that escaped his mouth caused shivers to run through my body and for Goosebumps to appear on my skin.

“Sidney please stop that, it really tickles and I don’t like it.” I laughed again. The next thing I knew Sidney’s face was no longer on my neck and I was no longer leaning against the headboard. I was lying on the bed gasping for air because Sidney was tickling me nonstop.“Sid, please stop!” I begged.

“No!” He laughed

“What the h-hell. Why n-not?”

“Because this is seriously the most fun I’ve had in a few weeks.”

“Tickling me? Really? You need a better life then.”

Finally he stopped and my sides hurt like crazy from laughing. I crawled over to where Sid was still laughing. I laid my head on his chest and he hugged me closer to his chest. “I wish we could stay like this forever.”

“Mmm, me too, but we have to leave tomorrow.” I sighed and snuggled closer to him. “I really could just fall asleep right here.”

“Me too, I don’t want to go back to Pittsburgh tomorrow. I like spending time with you.” he said softly, running a hand through my hair.

“Me too, but I have to finish school. Then we can hang out until I have to go down to UVA.” I got an idea and sat up. “Maybe I can talk to my grandparents and move up there for the summer. That way we would be closer to each other.”

“That would be amazing. Then the guys would stop bugging me about seeing you all the time.”

I smiled and then laughed when Sidney's stomach growled. "Come on, let's go see what's for dinner. Sidney laughed and followed me out to the living room.

Sidney treated the three of us to a nice steak dinner and we had a great time, laughing and joking around. It was nice to just not worry about finals and graduation that were coming up on the near future for Anna, Katie, and I. When we got home, we decided to play a game of Taboo

After our game we began to clean and pack since we decided to turn in early because we wanted to get on the road kind of early.

The next morning we left Myrtle Beach and made it home in seven hours. Sidney stayed for a while before we drove him to the airport. I was a little afraid of him getting on the plane, but he assured me that nothing was going to happen. We kissed goodbye and I watched as he went through security. I went home and unpack and waited to hear from Sidney
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited