Status: Complete and edited

Love Will Keep You Up All Night

22

The two days that Sidney spent with Taylor and her friends were two of the best days he has had in a long time. He realized in those two days that he was even more in love with her than he was when they first met. She was able to keep his mind off the loss, which not many people have been able to do and that was very appealing to him. She was able to talk to him without feeling sorry for him and she was actually more mature than he originally thought and he had already thought she was really mature for her age.

When he got to Pittsburgh he went straight to Marc’s house to pick up his stuff. When he got there Geno, Max, and Tanger were also there. He wasn’t planning on staying long, but changed his mind. He wanted to hang out with his friends.

“Hey Talbo, how are you?” Sidney asked when Max let him in.

“I’m good Sid. How is Taylor doing?” he asked smiling.

“She’s doing good. She misses you guys and was worried about you after the accident. You guys should have seen her when I knocked on the door. Her face was so pale, you would have thought she saw a ghost or something. She wouldn’t let me go after I walked in.”

“Wow, she must really like you. Who would get that worked up over you?” Max teased. Flower threw a pillow at Max which caused him to shout. “What was that for?”

“You’re being mean, Taylor really does like Sid and Sid really likes her. I talked to her the other day when you were feeling down, Sid. She was so worried about you.” Marc-Andre paused and chuckled to himself. “How did she distract you?”

Sidney felt his cheeks blush. “Um, she just talked to me about it. Told me that it wasn’t my fault and it wasn’t the team’s fault, that these things happen to everybody. Then she went on to tell me how to figure out what went wrong and ways to fix them once I found them. She also said that we all played a good game, especially you Flower.” He paused and took a sip of his beer. “She is really amazing.” He wanted to tell them that she might be coming up to Pennsylvania over the summer, but decided that he would keep that their secret for now because he was planning on having her spend the summer not with her grandparents, but with him in Pittsburgh and maybe even Cole Harbor.

“Hey Sid, you love her?” Geno asked

“Um,” he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. These were his friends, he could tell them. “Y-yeah I do.”

The guys all broke out into ‘awws’ that followed by ‘ows’ as Sidney threw whatever he could find at whoever was closest.

“Does she feel the same way about you?” Kris asked

“Um, I’m not sure.”

“I think she does.” Fleury said. “I could find out for you if you’d like. I talk to her enough, I could probably get her to tell me.”

“I don’t want you tricking my girlfriend into admitting that she loves me. When she’s ready she’ll let me know.”

“Have you told her that you love her?” Max asked

“Um, no I haven’t. I almost did, but it was at a really bad time.”

“Were you fighting or something?”

“Um, actually we were but nothing big. I was just being stupid.”

“What did you do?” Fleury asked

Sidney chuckled nervously and took another sip of his beer. “Um, well we were making out and things started getting carried away. I freaked and started apologizing and saying that I shouldn’t have let it go that far because I was older and should have had more control.” Sidney’s friends all groaned at his stupidity.

“You took the blame andsaid it was because you were older? How dumb can you be? I’m surprised she didn’t like kill you on the spot.”

Sidney chuckled again, “Well she did threaten to throw things at me. Which I’ve seen her throw and she can throw hard, it could do some damage.”

“Ha, I’d like to see that.” Max laughed

“Max that’s a great idea.” Sid beamed

“What was?”

“We should all go down and watch her play softball. I’ve already seen her play and I know she would love to see you guys again. What do ya say, wanna go see her play her sport?”

“Yeah that would be really cool.” Fleury said. Max, Geno, and Kris were all nodding. “We should see if Jordan would like to go.”

“You know he would. Taylor is like his sister now.” Max said with a laugh.

“Actually Max, she’s like a sister to all of us now. We all look after her and care about her.” Marc-Andre said.

“Okay, so I will find out when her next game is and I’ll let you all know. Some one please see if Staalsy wants to go, eh?”

“Will do captain.” Geno called out from the kitchen.

“Sweet.” Sidney finished his beer. “Alright guys, I’m going to head out. I’ll talk to ya soon.”

“See ya Sid.” Everyone called as he walked out the door.

Sidney was on a mission now, he was going to find an apartment so that Taylor could come stay with him this summer and find out when her next softball game was.

****
Spending those two days with Sidney in Myrtle Beach were two of the best days ever, but now I had to focus on school and softball. The team had made it all the way through the playoffs and we were in the District finals. I hadn’t spoken to Sidney since he left my house three days ago, but I really didn’t have time. I had a ton of make up work form missing that week and add that to softball and work I had like no extra time. I did try to call him the other day, but he never picked up. I just figured that he was doing things with his friends and was busy, but it was starting to bother me that he hasn’t called me or anything. But I couldn’t worry about him too much because I had to focus on softball and graduation.

I also still had to talk to my parents about spending the summer up in Pennsylvania. I had to stress that I would be staying with grandma and grandpa, but also visiting Sidney in Pittsburgh. That was going to be an interesting conversation. I knew they trusted me, but grandma on the other hand doesn’t. I guess I had to talk to them soon about it because graduation was only two weeks away and I want to go up as soon as I could. Tomorrow was practice and then on Tuesday we had our last chance for the title as District Champs. Before going to bed, I tried calling Sidney again and again it went to voicemail. I closed my phone and threw next to me on the bed and closed my eyes.

The next morning I woke up with a headache and didn’t want to go to school, but I had practice to go to. I was slightly aware that I was falling into a funk again and I really could afford to right now, not with the game tomorrow. I was the captain of the team and I had to get them motivated for tomorrow. Maybe I’ll call him later before practice and see if he’ll talk to me.

That afternoon, after school I called Sidney but he never answered. It was starting to piss me off because he never fully stopped talking to me before. He would call me back or text me or even leave me a message, but never not talk to me at all. I couldn’t let this effect my practice though, there was too much riding on tomorrow’s game.

*****
Taylor had a game tomorrow and according to Amanda and it was the last game of the season. It was the final game for the District Champs title. The guys were leaving later tonight to go see her play. Everyone was excited to see her again and they were also excited to see her play. Sidney was the most excited though, he hadn’t spoken to Taylor since the day he left her house after Myrtle Beach. She called a few times, but he was always looking for an apartment so he wasn’t able to talk to her. He wanted to surprise her with the apartment and with the guys coming to see her play. If he were to talk to her, he would have told her one or the other.

Finally they were leaving for Richmond and Sidney couldn’t wait to see her. The other guys were starting to make fun of him because he was so excited. To his surprise he fell asleep on the plane ride and woke up to Flower shaking him.

“Sid, we are here.”

Sidney got up, grabbed his bag, and walked off the plane. They rented two cars Geno, Staalsy, and Kris shared one and Sidney, Max, and Flower shared the other. When they got to the hotel, they decided to get something to eat before heading off to bed. After they ate they went up into their rooms. Sidney and Flower were sharing a room, Geno and Tanger, were sharing a room, and Staalsy and Max were sharing a room. Sidney checked his phone and noticed that he had a voicemail and he already knew how it was from.

“Hey Sidney it’s Taylor. I was just calling to see how you were doing, we haven’t talked in a while. Um, I also called because I needed some help with getting the team motivated for tomorrow’s game, but I guess you’re busy. I’ll talk to you later. Bye.”

Sidney frowned at his phone, Taylor sounded so sad. How did he let this happen? He was so caught up in surprising her tomorrow and with finding the apartment that he didn’t have time to talk to his girlfriend when she needed him. He looked at the clock and sighed, it was too late to call her.

“Hey Sid what’s wrong?” Flower asked walking out of the bathroom

“Taylor called, she’s upset that we haven’t talked in a while. She also needed some help with getting the team ready for tomorrow and she called me for help and I didn’t answer. And it’s too late to call her tonight.” He put his head in his hands. “God, I was so worried about the apartment that I didn’t have time to talk to her.”

“Sid, you were trying to surprise her. She doesn’t know you are here and she’ going to be so surprised that you showed up to the biggest game of the season. You’re supporting her and that will be enough for her.” Marc-Andre said

“Thanks man. I think I needed to hear that.” Sidney stood up. “I’m going to take a shower and then head to bed. The game started at 4:30 tomorrow, so I figure we head over to her house at like three-ish that way you and the rest of the guys can meet her mom and sister. You’ve already met her dad, but he will be at the game later because he works til four.”

“Okay that sounds good to me.” Fleury turned on the TV and began flipping through the channels.

When Sidney got out of the shower, the TV was off and Fleury was under the covers in his bed. Sid didn’t know if he was a sleep, but he moved around quietly. Climbing into bed he promised himself that no matter what he was doing he would try to keep in touch with Taylor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited