Status: starter

Tree Top Children

Chapter 5 : The Tree Top Children

They were standing under a pine tree. Rosalie pulled a rope that was hanging down. Amelia looked up. There was a small lift-kinda thing coming down. Amelia stepped back. When the lift-kinda thing had arrived on the floor Rosalie Amelia towards it. Amelia tried to resist but Rosalie was really harsh. They both sat on the lift. Amelia grabbed her new friends arm. As the lift started to rise, Amelia let out a small scream. " Dont worry Amelia, its ok, i've done this for a million times!" said Rosalie but it was enough for Amelia, she shouted ; " Rosalie what the- i mean what do you mean, we are trying to get on the top of a tree with a piece of wood!". She shuddered with the pain of her leg and then she blacked out.

" Where are my binoculars?"
This wasnt a familiar voice. Suddenly Amelia remembered everything that happened to her. She opened her eyes and looked around. She was leaning against a tree. There was a bandage on her leg. When she finally understood were she was sitting she looked down. She was on the top of a tree!
Amelia tried to relax by taking a deep breath. She was sitting on a incredibly-long-oddly-wide branch. A lantern was hanging on the branch above her head and a basket full of books on another. Amelia tried to keep her balance on the branch and crawled on it. There was a boy sitting on the pilows that were layed on the other trees branches. It was the blondish guy she saw before. Amelia got closer to him and jumped on the tree he was on , closing her eyes with fear. Once again she realised she was on a tree and gulped. THe boy stared at her and talked:
- Hey, you're the girl with the bleeding leg!
- I prefer Amelia , actually.
- Oh, sorry, I 'm Timothy.
- OK , well , did i faint?
- Yeah yeah, it was kinda creppy though.. I think your leg bleeded too much, you lost too much blood. You look .. white!
- Well.. i can say that im very hungry. Do you have something to eat?
- I think so.. yes. Wait a second please!
Timothy seperated the branches under the pilows and jumped down. Amelia opened her eyes wide with fear. But Timothy climbed back up in a minute. He said " No sorry, we dont have anything to eat...". Amelia rubbed her stomach and murmured ; " Its ok." . Timothy gave up on the sad look and smiled; " Do you wanna meet theTree Top Children?". Amelia thought for a second and said ; " Yeah right , the Tree Top Children.. I would love to!". Timothy grabbed Amelias hand and pulled her up on her feet. Timothy's face was very close to her's. ' Have you ever played "Tarzan" ?" asked Tİmothy. Amelia frowned and shaked her head meaning "No" . Timothy's hazel eyes sparkled with a evil-ish happiness.
" Then watch me!"
Timothy pulled Amelia's arm and jumped to the emptyness down the tree. Amelia screemed and held on fast to him. They were flunging through the trees. Timothy was holding on a branche and pushing himself forward to another. Amelia couldnt believe that this really was happening. But at a moment she decided to let go and try it herself . Indeed; it was a bad idea. First Amelia was doing great playing " Tarzan " but when the pain struck her leg again she was falling down. She closed her eyes and waited to crash on the ground. But then Timothy caught her and pulled her close again. Once again they were flunging through trees. " Dont you ever do that again Amelia! You cant do that with a leg like yours! And i wont be there to catch you the next time.." Amelia was relaxed. Finally they landed on the ground safely. THey were very near a lake. 10 kids were having fun inside the lake with their clothes on, screaming and laughing. Rosalie was there too. Amelia felt kinda alone, but Timothy called out to the kids ; " Wont you guys come and meet Amelia?". All of them stared at Tİmothy and then. Rosalie was the first one who came out of the lake, bringing a younger girl beside her. " YEah, we've met before, this is my lil' sis' EmiLynne." said Rosalie smiling. " Hi!" said EmiLynne smiling the same way. All the other kids were lined up to meet Amelia. While Rosalie walked away to sit under a tree, the next person to meet her was a very pretty girl. She had pretty golden-blond hair and blue eyes. " Hello, im Ella. Im 14 , pleasure to meet ya." she said with the perfect Irish accent.
She smiled coolly. Amelia smiled back as she walked next to Rosalie. The next person was a short boy with red hair. " The name is Mervin. YOure Amelia right? Rosalie told us about you. That girl over there is my sister, Ginni Beth!" the boy said pointing the mysterious girl Amelia saw before. Mervin seemed nice but someone behind him pushed him away, eager to meet Amelia. It was a guy with wavy-brown hair. He seemed nice too. " Hey Amelia, my name is David, its great to meet you!" said David. Amelia shook his out-streched hand. After David, two tiny girls appeared. They seemed like best friends. The taller one talked, " Hello, im Pixie and this is my best friend Andrea!". Pixie had short straight blond hair with bangs. Andrea had almost-silver-blond hair and green eyes. Amelia smiled at them and said "I'm Amelia. Nİce to meet you two!". As the two girls skipped away giggling a guy appeared behind them . He was tall and he had black wavy hair and green eyes. He had this , mysterious Mona Lisa smile. Amelia thought that he was extremely charming. " Hello , Amelia. I'm Armon, it is very nice to meet you." he said. Amelia talked ;" Yea-i- its nice to-nice to meet you too." . Armon smiled at her and joined the other kids.
The last person to meet Amelia was a girl who looked indentically like Armon. She had black wavy hair and green eyes. She was very pretty too. She shook Amelia's hand and said; "I'm Maria Veronica Estelle. You can call me whatever you want, actually. I'm Armon's twin, you just met him." . Amelia smiled, "ı'm Amelia.. Only Amelia " she said. Maria Veronica raised one of her eyebrowe and laughed silently. Finally there was no one else to meet. But Ginni Beth, the mysterious girl was still standing by the lake-side looking at some pebbles. Amelia walked towards her slowly. THe girl didnt recognize her. Amelia talked first
- I'm Amelia.. I saw you before but we didnt meet actually, because you-
The girl gave her a cold look and interrupted her:
- Yeah yeah, whatever. My name is Ginni Beth. You- dont say your name i know it , Amelia.
Amelia stood silent. Why was she so rude? Ginni Beth walked away to her friends , leaving her alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you again for reading! finally you met all the characters so i'll keep writing and u guys keep reading please and dont forget to subscribe & comment !!