Status: ---Finished---

Arranged in the City In Love in the Suburbs

One Awesome Cake

After the waitress took our plates she asked if we wanted dessert.

"In a few minutes" he told her with a wink.
She walked away and i asked him, "What was that all about?"
"Oh, that? Yea nothing." he insisted.
"Mmmkay." I shrugged.

A few minutes later I saw a man in a white shirt and black pants come into the room. It was Buddy Valastro. Better known as the Cake Boss. "Omg!" I yelled as I made my way to him. "You’re my favorite person like in the whole world! Jeff! How'd you get this?"

"I went up to Hoboken early this morning and he made it for me by tonight."

I hugged Buddy, then Jeff. Buddy left us alone and Jeff wheeled the cake over to our table.

I was about to cut the cake when Jeff stopped me. He took my hand as he started to say, “Leslie, ever since that day I met you I knew that you were the one for me.”

As he said that I finally realized everything. The fact that we had a private room, the perfectly tailored Italian designer suit he was wearing, when he came to tell me to put on something nice, and the cake. It was a cake in the shape of a diamond ring, with the real engagement ring on top of it.

He was on his knee now, “Leslie Anne Mitchell, will you do me extreme honor of marrying me?”

Without hesitating I answered, “Yes!”

He stood up and lifted me into the air. After a couple of spins he let me down.

***

The rest of the night went just like the movies. We ate the cake, which was delicious, we danced a little bit, and then we went home and kissed on the patio for what felt like hours.

“I thought I heard you guys out here.” Crystal said as she opened the door.

Without leaving Jeff’s lips I shoved my hand in her face.

“OMG!!” She squealed. “He proposed? And you said yes?”

“You bet your pregnant belly she did!” Jeff exclaimed.

He picked me up baby-cradle and led me into the house and down the hall into my room. I changed into my pj’s and hopped in bed. I looked up into his eyes and said, “Yes.”

With his warm body next to mine, I knew that “yes” was the right answer. This was perfect. This was the engagement that I always wanted back home. This was my life, and it was finally falling into place.