Status: Complete

That Stupid Little Red-Headed Twit

6/7/1992

Dear Diary,

I’m sitting in the Hospital Wing writing this, I just got back from fetching this.

We went through the trapdoor and after Snape. There were a lot of scary things down there, including Devils Snare, flying keys, and a giant chess set. Ron sacrificed himself so we could get past it. He’s so brave, and he’s really good at chess. I envy that, I’m terrible at it. Anyways, Harry and I kept going after that and we ended up in Snape’s challenge, which was a logic puzzle with potions. I got him past that, but I don’t know what happened to Harry after that. He hasn’t woken up yet.

Anyways, after Harry and I split up, I went back to get Ron (I finally got him to wake up, but he’s asleep now) and we flew out using the brooms. We ran into Dumbledore on our way out of the corridor who just went running into the trapdoor to go after Harry. Then,

Oh my, it looks like I fell asleep while writing.

Well, Harry’s woken up and we’ve talked to him now. It wasn’t Snape, he was trying to protect the Stone! It was Quirrell all along, and You-Know-Who was on the back of his head! How revolting! But I just KNEW that Snape couldn’t have been the one, despite what Harry and Ron thought. I know I doubted him, but I also knew deep down that if Dumbledore trusts him, and I should trust him.

Harry was right, You-Know-Who was trying to get the Stone to return to power. But after Dumbledore got Harry out, he apparently took the Stone too and he and Nicholas Flamel decided that the Stone should be destroyed. It’s a sad loss in the study of alchemy, but I guess it’s for the best. I mean, all the life and money you want is a huge temptation to anyone, and if it would have helped You-Know-Who to rise back to power, then it should be destroyed.

But one last thing is bugging me. Harry and Ron both made sacrifices to make sure Quirrell/You-Know-Who didn’t succeed, and I feel like I didn’t do much. Like, what did I do? I knew about Devils Snare, and I could figure out the logic puzzle, but it doesn’t seem like a lot. I need to work to be just as good as them! Well, in some respects. I think I beat them when it comes to academics.

School is almost over! I’ll be really sad to leave Hogwarts and my friends, but I’ll get to catch up with my parents and read some more books. I’ll be even more prepared for next year!

Love,
Hermione
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Almost done!!!
So, I've got the characters all sorted out for the next diaries in the series.
Comments! Because I love them XD
And...the Impossible Quiz is amazing...and after like 3 years, I STILL can't beat it XD